Chapter 43
452 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"The myth is that, the stone itself isn't really a stone, but a sleeping dragon." Mila said knowing that there was a story behind a stone that had never been seen in ages.

"A sleeping dragon?" ZH never heard of that part in the story even though he had lived two lives but never had he ever heard about the 'sleeping dragon'.

"It's a sleeping dragon that they say has gone dormant to await for its true master. They have not seen or heard of it, but they say it's hidden itself deep inside the mine of Rustmount. If anyone tries to find it then they will perish under the rubble that the dragon causes, making the rocks fall down upon them due to refusing that person." Mila looked to the direction where the mine was. "I'm going to find it."

"What?!" ZH took Mila by the hand, seeing how she could say that so easily. Looking down to her with the most annoyed look even though they couldn't see each other's face. "After what you said, are you not afraid of being buried under all of that rubble?!" Feeling more agitated that he would have to try and knock some sense into the little curious girl before him.

Mila smiled knowing how ZH would be worried like her father and Leo. "Thanks, but I'll be fine. Since I have you then I have nothing to worry about." She hugged him which ZH stood in shock to her sudden hug.

ZH sighed and held his head seeing how it was useless to deny her when she did these things to him. "Alright, but you stay close to me." ZH looked down face to face with her since he didn't want to think of the negative outcomes that could occur.
***
[What's this?] Hidden in the shadows, a beast lurked around who was just awakening from his long slumber. [This strong mana is coming from two young children.] The beast said looking as it created a crystal showing him two children hiding their identities. [Those two children... they are not ordinary humans.]

The dragon saw the strong mana glowing in their little bodies. [Who do I choose?]
***
Mila had held onto ZH's hand ever since they entered inside of the supposedly 'dangerous' mine. "ZH, why do you want to come with me? Are you not afraid of what trouble it could give you?"

"What troubles could you get me into? I'm with you so there's always going be trouble which results into something good." ZH said smiling to Mila who ended up blushing.

'I didn't think that he would actually see me that way.' Mila smiled knowing that they couldn't see each other's faces anyway. 'It's nice to know that he believes in me and doesn't blame me for much of anything.' She said in her mind until she bumped into him from the back side.

"There's someone here." ZH said which he dragged her along with him hiding in a small opening in the cave. Both looked to another then to see the governor on his own with a lamp in his hand.

"Those fools can't even find it! I might as well try to look for it by myself!"

Watching the governor walk away, Mila and ZH knew that they needed to avoid running into him. Both continued their walk into the mine, they didn't know what they would find. Mila could sense something strong, she knew it was calling out to her.

[Mila, I could sense a strong dormant beast in here.] Vivian was also feeling the same thing like her.

'You too.' Mila needed to find answers about the strong aura that they felt from a beast. 'Let's be a little cautious for the time being.' Mila didn't want anyone getting hurt, mostly when ZH was the one who wanted to protect her. Being glad that Mila and Vivian were able to still communicate in their thoughts.

Hearing and feeling the mine rubble, both ZH and Mila held each other's hand to avoid separation. "What was that?" ZH looked around seeing if there were any beasts that were going to attack at any moment. Hearing something coming down the pathway that they took. Both looked towards the direction of where they first came. Rolling down was a giant boulder which was about to crush them. "Run!"

Mila and ZH still kept their hands together. Making way to avoid the boulder, ZH then dragged Mila along to a very small crack as both had to squeeze in. Both panted knowing that they had nearly just died by a boulder. "Are you alright?" Mila asked looking up to ZH.

"I'm fine. Just... a bit surprised." ZH said getting out of the small crack with Mila alongside him. "How about you?"

Mila didn't understand why he needed to ask about her when he was the one who nearly died the entire run. "I'm fine, but next time... don't worry about me. You'll make me worry about you and your safety." Mila felt a bit of guilt inside of her.

ZH didn't think he would get that answer from her. Turning around, he lifted the mask slightly that was bestowed on him. Kissing her head, Mila could feel his kiss which had her eyes widen in shock to know what he did just at that moment. "I'm glad that you worry for me." He looked to see that's Mila wasn't moving but stood in place. "Let's keep going." He said taking ahold of her hand again.

Mila didn't know how it happened but her heart was feeling flustered. 'We are still kids!!! We still have a lot of time and we cannot keep words and promises yet!!!' Mila argued in her head.

[Mila, I know you have a crush on him~] Hearing Vivian's voice in her head, this was when Mila wanted to just end the contract with Vivian.
***
"They are not back yet. I'm getting worried." Sara said holding her hands together with concern.

"ZH better think twice before messing with my lady. He needs to be sure to bring her back." Emmett was trying his best to hold in his anger since he was still wary of him.

"I feel like there might be a reason behind it." Thelma pointed out knowing that Mila would be out long unless something happened.

Cotton had then felt a strong mana and aura around the mine of Rustmount. [There's something strong waiting here.] Cotton knew that none of them understood her and so she jumped out of Thelma's arms. Running to the mine, the other three followed after the little beast that had started sensing the odd aura.

"Where is she going?" Sara asked seeing how Cotton just started running towards the mine.

"She probably knows something!" Emmett said with the three going into the mine with no workers inside.

15