Chapter 49
399 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So you think that they would not turn against us if we release them?" The emperor said after seeing how his sister was pushing to save the young girl mainly. The Princess didn't know what to say since she knew of their current issue.

"We are not here for any of that." Mila spoke out with everyone looking at her.

"Oh, how so?" The emperor didn't know what she was planning now.

"We are looking for a cure for my scar." Mila was just making up an excuse but it she would make sure they believed her.

"How?! Your wearing a mask!!! How can we trust the word of a Mireraweth citizen!!!" The man their against said making Mila sigh.

Mila looked to Emmett since she knew he was going to be a bit upset. Mila thought ahead of time and casted a spell to have her eyes change into a different color to cover up when they were in the cells. Removing her mask, everyone gasped while the emperor didn't show it but Mila knew he was shocked.

Mila had also recognized it, but the scar on her face had grown more. It was no longer half her hand size but now her full hand size. It had spread with the blue vine grown around her left side of the eye. "As you all should know now, this scar can only be made by none other than a Siren." Placing her mask back on, Mila could only hold the small spell for a little amount of time.

"Very well. I'll believe you this time, but if you meddle once again. Don't think that I won't kill you." The emperor said having the goons be taken away with Mila hugged immediately by Sara, Thelma, and Cotton.

"We thought you were going to die!!!!!" They all made Mila groan annoyingly seeing how they would assume things quickly.

"How could your scar have grown more?!" Sara started crying seeing how Mila's scar had grown over time.

"It's supposed to grow over time." The emperor said going over to stand in front of Mila.

"It's nice to meet you again, mister." Mila smiled allowing him to recall their time that early morning. She could tell that he had a small smile on his face behind the mask.

"How dare you not address him as 'your majesty'!!!!" The assistant angrily said looking down to the stubborn child before them.

"No need. Would you and your fellow friends like to join me for a little stroll?" The emperor allowed them to take the offer or not.

"No need. How things are with the upcoming war... I don't think we are welcomed. We will be taking our leave." Mila walked out first with her comrades following her.

"Hey..." The Princess didn't know if Mila was angry at her brother.

"What is your name?" The emperor asked finally.

"Mila." She responded back leaving after.

The emperor couldn't help but smile to see how Mila was a strange child. Her mood could change from sweet to very cold. "Aiken!!!!!!!" Hearing his little twin sister, he knew that she was mad. "It's seems as though I may have to fix that mouth of yours!!!!!"

Aiken Blake was the emperor of Maedda kingdom. He knew his little sister would be mad at him.
***
"Miss, we have to find a cure now! Your face will be covered with it if you let it grow!" Sara was concerned with Thelma not even knowing the cure herself.

"It's fine. I made that as an excuse to hide our real reason." Mila didn't care because she still didn't want to get married in the future. "We have to find them quickly before anything unreasonable happens again." Mila knew that the relationship between Mireraweth kingdom and Maedda kingdom wasn't the best at the moment. "Emmett, I would like to speak to you privately." Mila had the other two girls wait outside of their inn room.

"What did you wish to speak to me about?" Emmett looked to the little girl who had a very keen look at the moment.

"I know that after hearing about the upcoming war. You would want to do something for Mireraweth kingdom, correct?" Mila crossed her arm over her chest looking to Emmett. "Be honest with me." Mila wanted truth and honesty in his words.

Emmett kneeled since it was all true. He wanted to help his kingdom. "Yes, I wish to help my kingdom."

"Emmett, remember. We are not here for war. I'm not going to tell you again. We will not involve ourselves in this war. This war will occur no matter what. I wish for you to leave things as it is. Do not send any plans or messages behind my back. You know what happens if you do then I will no longer trust you and perhaps, I'll even continue my journey by myself." Mila spoke her mind and honest words of what she would do.

"I understand." Emmett responded back with everyone going to sleep that night.

With a few days passing, Mila woke up holding her head with sweat. 'Another nightmare.' She said remembering the feeling of such tragic event in her past life. Everyone was still asleep, Mila grabbed her mask and went to the roof once more. 'Why isn't Skye talking? Where is she? There's no sign that she is in this town.' Mila felt her feet dangle on the edge from the rooftop she sat on.

"Can't sleep again?" Hearing the same man's voice, she turned to see his plain mask once again.

"Yeah, another nightmare." Mila hugged her knees close to her chest.

"Want to tell me? I'm all ears right now." He asked with Mila knowing that it would be good to make friends with him also.

"It's not exactly like a dream, but like a memory." Mila held her head not wanting to bring up her past life but instead brought up her mother. "My mother tried to kill me as an infant."

"Your mother?"

"Yeah, the memory is blurry, but I know that it was a woman with the same hair as mine. She held a knife trying to kill me."

"How do I know your not lying?"

Mila knew that he would ask that question to see if it was real. Pulling her pants up a bit, "Is this enough proof?" Smiling, she gave him a clear view of her scar on there leg. "I was lucky to have been saved by my father. This scar is nothing to be ashamed of since it's a story to tell. Along with this one." Mila laid her hand onto her left side of the face where her other scar was.

"Do you hate your mother?" He then asked.

15