Chapter 57
360 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Well, to be straightforward, Mila... may have gotten into contact in some way with her next beast. She is still young and needs to recover, but we do not know of the full details until she tells us herself about the whole incident that recently occurred. For now, we can only wait, but I believe the Mana Hunters are also a part of the issue with Mila." ZH didn't know if it was true but he didn't want Mila in any trouble that could possibly await her in the near or far future ahead of them.

"Mana Hunters?" Emmett questioned since he knew about the group but he had never truly encountered any due to his one and only duty to protect his young lady ever since he first met her at a very young age. If he hadn't met her, then he would not have met Sara resulting in their intimate growing relationship. "Has this matter always been happening here in this kingdom or increased by any chance?" Emmett had heard of the Mana Hunter's suspicious activity along with their evil plans to use against the nobles who were born with mana being targeted amongst society.

Aiken nodded, agreeing to Emmett's question since it was true that Mana Hunters would appear but the numbers had grown more and more over the years that they had been roaming freely with no one to handle them growing exceedingly. "It is not only here, but in many other kingdoms. Do you perhaps have an idea about this or maybe even a clue?" Aiken needed all the sources or information he could get about the troublesome Mana Hunters who were gaining more unnecessary mana for their own greed.

"We've never really encountered any, but I have heard of similar cases in Mireraweth kingdom which the emperor overlooks as if it's nothing to worry about since he believes that they will never be able to defeat those who were born with mana. Things can change and those Mana Hunters can change the course of history, even the future with what they are doing. I do not understand their goal besides the thought that they may be trying to build themselves a civilization where they will not be looked down by nobility people any longer." Emmett had heard of the possible rumors and motive of the Mana hunters from place to place with very little encounter for the information that he gathered but they could all just be rumors.

"I can see why Mila puts so much trust in you." ZH looked at Emmett who was surprised by how he was praised by the supposedly 'friend' of Mila's. "Let's make sure to get along in the future." He smiled with Emmett knowing how much of a big issue it would be if Duke Reynard heard those words from ZH. He could easily be killed for being praised by a stranger that involved Mila in such a topic or words.

He could even imagine the Duke angrily trying to kill the man who was claiming his daughter, but he knew that ZH was still not a fellow to overlook easily. 'You do not know how intimidating the Duke would be if he knew you were in contact with his dearly treasured daughter.' Emmett did not want to think about the tense atmosphere that Duke Reynard would create around them.

"I would like us all to discuss something involving the Mana Hunters. I will not ask you to join the upcoming war, but only to give your opinions and thoughts about the Mana Hunters that seem to be a bigger issue at the moment." Aiken wanted full cooperation so that they would stop the Mana Hunters before the war started in three years.***"Where am I?" Mila looked around once more to see her surroundings were still a bit blurry. Taking some time before her eyes could adjust to the strange place that she was currently in or at.

[Mila?!] Vivian appeared in her real unicorn form and trotted over to Mila with a concerned aura. Rubbing her muzzle against Mila's cheek to make sure that she was alright and not fading. [Did you sense Skye earlier?!]

"I did. I didn't know where she was though, which I found very strange when she tried to get into contact with me. She spoke to me, but she is probably in danger." Mila felt the uneasy feeling again with loneliness and sadness altogether.

[I'm sorry. You would feel the loneliness since we are all fated from your birth. It's like a missing piece of a shattered glass which is longing to be fixed and pieced back together.] Vivian tried her best to explain and had Mila get up on her feet.

"How are we going to find her?" Mila didn't know where to begin anymore like she had lost track of where her final piece could be.

[Don't worry. There's still a little bit of Skye's presence left here. Come.] Vivian had Mila rush along with her to the next place that appeared right before them both. [Skye is currently dormant like how you saw me before in my dormant stage in the egg. She will not wake up until you find her. She is currently in the hands of the Mana Hunters who are still trying to get her to come out and then collect the mana that she holds.]

Mila angrily saw Skye's egg being harmed at each side with different Mana Hunter's trying to break her out. "Those bastards!!!" Mila huffed out angrily knowing that they would use such dirty methods to take from the beasts who grew and trained themselves to become stronger and to survive. She tried to go forth to help, but the entire image before her was merely nothing but a vision that they were seeing.

[We cannot do anything yet until we find some clues to where the Mana Hunter's hideout or base is.] Listening to Vivian, Mila knew it was pointless to keep looking around without her putting enough effort into looking for Skye. The vision had cleared up allowing them back to reality view. They needed to start looking for any clues or hints that could really lead them to Skye quicker than to wait forever for information.

"Alright, we will have to do our best. Vivian, I'll be asking for your help once again." Mila looked to Vivian who knew that Mila was surely not going to stop trying to find Skye.[No need. I have wanted to help you since the beginning when you were born. Let us all help each other with more people or beings who are willing to join hands.] Vivian nuzzled her head against Mila's as she nuzzled back.

Waking up, Mila saw the same bed frame and ceiling that she had been temporarily sleeping and staying in. 'I'm awake now.' She thought and looked around to see no one was around to bother or stop her. Holding her dizzy head, she got up from the bed being sure to steady herself than to tip over from side to side. Washing up, she needed to start somewhere to find any leads to Skye. Finishing her meal brought to her, she took the chance to leave her room. 'Vivian, is there a way for me to get into contact with some air elemental beasts?'

[Hmm... you can try looking for a quiet place with wind that passes by constantly. I've heard that air beasts usually tend to be with the wind like a flock of birds that fly together.] Vivian advised Mila who had to look for a quiet place with continuous wind passing.

Reaching a garden, she looked around and felt the right amount of wind pushing against her, allowing her to sense the beasts roaming within the wind. 'Okay, let's get down to business. Vivian, is there a way for me to contact them?'

[If it's you, then I'm sure there is always a way.] Vivian made it sound weird for Mila but she shrugged it off. [Try to use your mana to speak or listen to them.] Listening, Mila was trying to hear any voices of any beasts that could possibly be around her.

[Who is she?]

[She must be a young human girl.]

[Why would a human come here?]

[She seems to be lost.]

[She can't be lost. This isn't a big place.]

Mila smiled once she started hearing the voices of the beasts that were indeed around her and communicating amongst one another. 'This is what I've been searching for.' She felt more confident now that has managed to get through to the beasts, but the issue now was for her to be able to get on terms or agree with them in some way for their help. "My name is Mila. I can hear your voices. I can hear what you are saying amongst another." Mila looked around to see no one but she still felt the wind hitting her all around lightly.

[Eeeekkkkkk!!!!!]

[Is she human?!?!?]

Hearing how alarmed and panicked the beasts were, Mila knew that they needed to calm down since it was rather odd with how one mere human being could easily understand them without a contract. "Calm down. I am very much human. I came to see if I could get any help with finding the Mana Hunters." Mila rose her hand back towards her to show that she meant no harm to any of them and their comrades.

[Mana Hunters?!]

[Why are you seeking them?!]

Mila could clearly see the beasts more clearly now that they had started using their elemental forms to come face to face with her. They were still cautious and wary of her so she understood their reasons. "They may have a friend of mine. I do not want to leave her in danger, neither do I want to get there too late. Along with how they are stealing mana from both beast and possibly humans, I cannot just stand idle and watch it all happen like it is not my business. I'm trying to stop them and find their base. Please, I'm not asking you to follow me but help me find them."The beasts looked to another like they were communicating in their thoughts. Mila wasn't sure if they were going to help her or not since they were all frightened of her.

[Humans are not beings that we can trust!]

[We have long forgotten humans and refuse to help them for what they have been doing to us by hurting us and taking our lives for their own greed!]

"Not all humans are like that!" Mila did not want the beasts to think that all humans were greedy and cruel. She wanted the beasts around her to know that there were still humans who love and cherish beasts like any other being.

[Humans have grown more and more disgusting over the years making us all disgusted and no longer able to trust them. What makes you think that we can trust you?] The beast said looking down to Mila who was looking back at the beast with no hint of giving up or backing away from it.

"You don't have to trust me. I know that you are not easily persuaded by humans and I do not plan to force you to help me or trust me. I only wish to find my friend who is a beast. They have been with me since birth and saved me from the most dangerous moment in my infant life. You do not have to listen to a word that I just said because I will not force anything on anyone or anything." Mila looked all around her to see that the beasts had all gathered around to look closely at her. Never had they ever dealt with such a young human being who stood with no fear before them and did not force anything onto them without their consent or agreement. She continued to take their hurtful and rejections and shed no tear before them.

14