Chapter 58
367 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Alright that is enough, what did you say your name was again?] One single beast spoke out looking to Mila face to face when she could barely see a face appear at all from it. She could see that he held no ill intentions and took her words more into consideration than the rest of his comrades did.

"My name is Mila." Looking to see how there was nothing she should be worried about or concerned being surrounded by nothing but beasts that could easily kill her.

[Your full name?] The beast's voice echoed towards Mila who was rather curious about why the single beast in front of her would be so kind, generous, and thoughtful of her.

"Mila Noble." Mila didn't know if they were going to help or at least give her some kind of clue about where her dear friend could be in the Maedda Kingdom.

[We will help you.]

[We will?!?!?!] Hearing the rest of the beasts behind him, he knew that they were going to want an explanation from him about why he was willing to work with the human before them. They knew to never trust humans who only thought of themselves first.

[How can you make that decision on your own?!] One said out loud looking to see how they were going to listen to him.

[Yeah! How can you just make that choice?!] Another then said soon after with more beasts wanting an answer at that moment.

He went ahead ignoring his fellow comrades who were glaring directly at him for making the choice without giving them any reasonable explanation. [I will have my group of comrades find some clues for you. We'll meet again when I send one of my comrades to come fetch you and we will tell you where they are.] They all spoke to one another unsure if they could trust Mila but soon started leaving.

"Thank you! Thank you so much!" Mila never felt so relieved and saw how the wind had disappeared once they had left, leaving only a steady small wind blowing past her. "That... was amazing!" Mila said out loud but not even caring if anyone heard her shout in amazement or not. She had never encountered so many beasts all together within their element in hiding to avoid being hunted. Being the only one who ever experienced such an encounter with so many beasts that had their own opinions and thoughts about humans.

[That's the beasts of air, still the same judgmental beasts like I remember. They have their ways to communicate like I did, but I was like a fairy so I could use my powder or the orb form to reach out to you much better.] Vivian interrupted the silence once Mila was able to come back and focus on where they were currently at.

"Let's head back. We will have to be sure to pay close attention to any signs of them if they come find us in any way. We cannot let this opportunity slip by so easily, since this may be the only way that we can find Skye quicker." Mila did not want anything to slip by under their noses since this was going to take time and patience. Mila had gotten lost in the garden until she stumbled upon the training ground where she compared how much bigger it was than her training ground back at Mireraweth Kingdom. There was no one there training, but she figured it was noon so everyone was possibly eating during this time since it was likely a long day and she had left on her own without telling anyone about it. Hearing the swinging of a sword all of a sudden, Mila looked to the direction where it was at, not thinking about who it could possibly be. She couldn't believe that it was ZH practicing by himself at the training ground with no dummy or soldier to practice with. 'This is going to be good.'

Mila smirked, sneaking up and then ran forth taking out her sword that had been brightly refined by Emmett who had gone days ahead to get it fixed up for her. Swinging it towards ZH, she thought she had him without being noticed, but he was much quicker and not to be taken lightly. Both clashed swords and looked at one another with a smile on their faces that sparked an interest with a complete match of a perfect sparring partner. "I didn't think you would be challenging me at this time and place." ZH found Mila more and more odd which continued to spark his interest at every moment that they had together. He should've known that Mila would take the chance to get at him when he was either paying attention or distracted which he found amusing about her.

"Why not? I haven't really challenged you, yet. So, let's make the best of it, shall we?" Mila swung her sword once more, getting away from ZH while he decided to go after her. "Let's play cat and mouse!" Mila ran off being the mouse with a head start while ZH was getting excited for the game that they were playing since he was the cat.

'Never underestimate me.' ZH held a grin that was mischievous, being playful now that Mila was playing a game with him that involved physical hard work. "You better be prepared to lose." He stretched a bit first, then he started his chase after Mila who had a long time to get ahead of him.Running inside of the palace, Mila wanted to get things to rile up between her and ZH in their little game. Running through the kitchen, she kicked a bowl which was aimed directly towards ZH. "Take that!" Mila kept running after ZH smirked, cutting the bowl in half, seeing how she was going to use this method to slow him down.

"Ahhh!!!" Maids and servants were screaming to see how the sword had cut a clay made bowl that they had in their hands not too long ago. ZH kept running after Mila as they reached the giant hallways that echoed their footsteps throughout the halls. Mila looked in front of her to see Aiken and Vere were speaking to one another in their own personal matters giving her a great idea that could help her.

"How are the matters involving the soldiers?" Aiken was walking in the hallways with Vere informing him of how everything was going with their preparation for the war. They then heard a loud rumble which caught both of their attention to turn elsewhere.

"Sorry!" Mila jumped up stepping onto Vere's shoulder as a boost to get away from ZH a bit further.

"O-O-Ouchhhhh!!!" Vere fell flat down on his back hitting the ground after Mila had used him like a stepping stool. Feeling his mind nearly go blank at that moment with his head going hazy from the strong impact of Mila's force and the stone floor.

"Mila?!" Aiken just saw her leave in a blink of an eye and then saw ZH heading towards him with no particular idea what his 'friend' was thinking. "ZH?!" He shouted after wanting a full explanation for the Mila using his assistant as some kind of stepping stool.

"Sorry! Can't talk! Thanks for the boost!" ZH used Aiken the same way Mila did with Vere, like a stepping stool. Aiken was able to hold himself better since he wasn't as weak as Vere which allowed him to stay flat on his feet.

Aiken grumbled with anger to see how they were acting like children younger than their intelligent mind. "Those idiots!!!! They are not children!!!!" He was thinking of the two being more like crazy animals hunting one another.

"Umm... they are children since they are not even eighteen, yet." Vere had to point out the facts which made Aiken even more angered to see how Vere did not understand what he meant by that.

"As long as they don't break anything while they are playing their stupid game." Aiken said it too soon. Not long after, he heard his servants and maids running to him to inform him about all the commotion that the two had caused in his palace.

"Your majesty!!! They had just damaged the kitchen!!!" The maids were all alarmed with some of their aprons ripped from running to inform him.

"They ruined the garden!!!!" The gardeners had rushed up to even show that their tools had been broken and needed to be either repaired or given new ones.

"They destroyed the library!!!!" The librarian had rushed forth with a few books burnt with some even soaked in water from servants who were cleaning the library during the whole commotion.Aiken felt his head aching with how two young people could cause so much destruction in his palace within a day or so. "Get the two of them!!!!!" Aiken said out loud with everyone following after the two children who were playing their not so safe game.***Mila ran past Thelma who was holding some stacked up books and walking alongside Tim who also carried some stacked up books in his hands. "Excuse me!" She ran stepping on both of their pile of books which she assumed would be fine. Nearly falling over, both Thelma and Tim sighed with relief that nothing fell over that could harm them.

"Gotta catch a mouse!!!!" ZH said using the books also that Mila used to boost herself. With Thelma being unable to hold the weight of all the books and force above the stack of books she carried, all fell over.

"Look out!" Tim dropped his books along with Thelma who was about to fall on the hard ground. Tim took the impact from Thelma as he grunted from the fall while holding Thelma in his arms to shield her from incoming books.

"Are you okay?!" Thelma was concerned and had to take a look at his back to see if anything was broken within him.

Mila saw that Thelma and Tim were fine, then she rushed past Emmett and Sara who were enjoying their little walk in the market street. "Don't follow! This is a game!" Mila didn't want them to get the wrong impression while she quickly ran off with ZH chasing after her.

"Huh?" Emmett and Sara were confused since they soon saw ZH chase after Mila, but they even saw a whole bunch of people from the Maedda palace following after them, shouting in anger.'Are they...also part of the game?' Emmett and Sara both thought at the same time looking at the entire commotion.

(o_o) (o_o)

'Damn it! How long can he keep going?!' Mila could see ZH reaching her which she immediately regretted being the mouse. She saw a small carriage that was going to block her path from allowing her to escape. Sliding under the carriage, Mila hoped that it would delay him just a bit to allow her to escape and get away a bit further. She turned around but saw that it did nothing to help her. 'Are you serious?!?! I should've been the damn cat!!!!' Mila hopped onto a horse that knew her very well. "Can you give me a lift?!"

[...Sure.] The horse started running with Mila on its back.

"We're changing the rules now." ZH smiled getting himself a horse which followed after Mila. 'At least we were able to get rid of the rest following us.' ZH had managed to stop the chasing crowd behind them by using the carriage that he and Mila avoided.

Making it to a meadow, Mila was then caught in a pair of arms, being hugged tightly when ZH took a risk and jumped to get her off her horse. Both had tumbled down rolling in the tall meadow grass below them. Both panted heavily out of breath from the long chase, ZH looked down to Mila with a captivating smile. "I win."

"Ah, damn it! I should've been the cat!" Mila angrily said with ZH laying down next to her on the grassy terrain below them.

"Even if you were the cat you wouldn't be able to catch me." ZH said making Mila expect the next match in the future.

[Sorry, I didn't help you.] The horse came back which Mila petted her head, seeing how she tried to help her.

"It's fine. You did your best." Mila laughed knowing that she needed to let out her childish side once in a while. It had been too long and she needed it. "Next time, I won't lose." Mila looked to ZH who gave a smirk, unsure if she would win or not.

"You're willing to be a mouse again."

"If I can beat you as a mouse, then that's when I can be the cat." Mila and ZH gave each other a look to show that it was a deal. "By the way, should we really head back?" She then wondered since they did cause a lot of ruckus in the Maedda Palace.

13