Chapter 63
353 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Where are we headed?" Tim could see how Mila was trying to find any connection or source that would lead her to her next beast. They had been watching and observing their young lady who became easier to read once they continued to travel with her.

"Hold on." Mila wanted to test or try something if it would help her in any way to find any connection. They had all made it to the town of Pearlrest in Asiradda Kingdom which was the best town to start since they had entered a very foreign kingdom. Mila was trying to see if she could get any sort of contact in their current location. They were currently at the source of where water had flowed constantly. Putting her hand in, Mila could feel something as if it were mana that was flowing into her. Almost like it was trying to heal her some way, like she had been injured and needed healing with the mana healing her from within.

[Who are you?] Hearing the voices reach her from the water, she smiled to know that there were beasts who were more willing to speak to her this time.

[There hasn't been someone like you in ages.] Another voice said out, allowing Mila to know that the last one was obviously the only one who had a gift like hers.

[Why have you come here?] They asked at the same time wanting a clear answer from her since there was no reason for her to just travel here.

Each and every voice that spoke to her were out of pure curiosity due to how rare it was to meet a person like her. "I'm Mila. I'm looking for one of my comrades here. Do you all perhaps know someone by the name Kate?" Mila spoke looking down to the water flowing down to the town with no beast that took form with the water.

[Kate?] One water beast did not know what she was talking about while the other started questioning.

[Is she talking about that ice beasts that's always hanging around here?] The other than mentioned since they rarely knew about any ice beast that remained in the Asirrada kingdom after so many years.

"Yes, I am." Mila spoke up, hoping to be able to help and find Kate sooner than she did with Skye. "Do you know where she is at?" Mila felt happy inside that she did not want to waste any time, finding Kate was now her top priority that she sought the most.

[Hm, she's usually everywhere. We just don't know her main location.] The beast replied since they really did not know what went through the ice beast's mind.

Mila found herself once again upset and disappointed, but she couldn't blame them for not knowing since her beasts were hidden for a good reason. "Thank you. It's good enough that I know she is here. Thanks for the help." Mila then felt the flow of mana stop as she got up to think again about Kate's whereabouts.

Coughing just a little, blood was in her palm which Tim rushed over to see that the mana from the water source had gathered into her. "You cannot use too much mana or have too much. It's good that it's not as bad as before. If it was, then you would not be alive for now since the mana here is much stronger." Easing her mana source, he sighed seeing how Mila had been able to get into contact with the beasts this way, but she still needed more beasts to use up her large amount of mana that builds up quicker than most individuals. Even her family symbol was not enough to maintain her mana since she was born between a maid and a noble man. Tim had never seen such a case before, but he was not going to let it stop him from healing his young lady.

"We can only wait and try to find a beast. I don't know where we can start, but we can only wait." Mila rubbed her head and knew that they needed to wait for Kate's appearance or contact.

Walking down the streets, they were looking around for any materials that they may need when they leave Asirrada kingdom. Mila stood in the middle of them all since they still wanted to keep her safe and away from harms way. "Mila, are you sure you're not feeling sick?" Sara was concerned since Mila had been spitting little ounces of blood out here and there for the past two years due to her unstable mana within her little body. "All of these years, your young body has never been able to handle the mana that flows within you. We are all worried about you." Sara looked to her young lady who she had raised since infant.

"I'm fine. I just need a little rest, and I'll be good in no time." Mila could feel Cotton and Net on each of her shoulder again. They always stuck onto her like they were still infants.

[Mila, should we help you in any way?] Cotton wanted to help in some way since Mila was her savior who took her in and became a family.

[Yeah, you've been helping us and allowed us into your group and family. We want to help also.] Net included after, not wanting to be left out of the picture.

"You both need to avoid the Mana Hunters for now. It's easy to lose you both, and so we need to make sure not to get separated during this journey. After all, I look after and take care of my family." Mila didn't want the two of them to be found by Mana Hunters, even though they were small beasts. They still had enough mana within them for the Mana Hunters to collect and use for their own greed. "I'll tell you both when I need it." Mila petted both of their little heads, making them both smile to know that she cared so much about them.

Children then bumped into them all as they apologized and continued running towards a certain place in Pearlrest town. "Where are they headed off to?" Thelma looked to see more people doing the same, going in the same direction where the children headed off to.

They followed after and saw a huge parade happening in town that the six of them did not know about, including Cotton and Net who had never been to such kingdom. "It's probably the time of the Lunar Eclipse."

"Lunar Eclipse?" Everyone questioned, still unsure about what the even was about or how it came to be.

"It's a time when some water beasts can grow off the moon when it changes. It's almost like a growth stage for them. Somehow, they are able to gain mana that way which can boost their growth and power tremendously if they know how to gather enough during that time." Tim explained for Mila who had no idea about it. Following the crowd, they watched the water beasts coming out in excitement for the event that happened every year.

"They're so beautiful." Sara smiled, seeing how they formed out of water which was their main element.

"I don't think their as beautiful as you." Emmett shocked Sara with mushy words that she never knew he could come up with.

"You don't have to speak such sweet words." Sara blushed looking away in shyness to know that he would say it when they were with their group.

'Awww... When are you both going to have a kid. You both make me look like your child.' Mila thought and sighed after still watching the parade happen with many beasts growing one after another. Looking to see Tim and Thelma also being all lovey-dovey, they did not really speak, but actions meant more than words. 'I guess it's just me, Cotton, and Net being the third wheels over here.' Mila slipped away, wanting to be alone by herself with her two little family by her side.

Hopping around on the buildings, Mila found it relaxing to be by herself with Cotton and Net watching the parade with her. Sitting down, she watched the parade from afar with Cotton and Net still clinging onto her when they felt their guard come up to see a suspicious figure hop onto the same building as Mila. "May I have a seat next to you?"

Mila looked to see someone hiding their identity with a mask which reminded her of Ambrose whenever she saw him hiding his identity for certain reasons. She knew though, that it wasn't Ambrose since the Asiradda kingdom was far from Mireraweth kingdom. Also, Ambrose did not have a woman's voice. "Sure." Both were sitting down next to each other on the roof, watching the entire parade from afar while Net and Cotton remained skeptical of the woman. "What brings you to this place?" Mila decided to ask a common question since she did not want Cotton and Net to continue to feel suspicion with the woman.

The woman looked down to see the young teenage girl who was all alone during the parade with her two little beasts by her side. "It's my home. It's best to enjoy and feel all the joy of your kingdom." She said with Mila smiling and looking down.

"That's good." Mila could see that the woman before her would not cause any harm to her, she felt as though the woman held no ill intentions and was rather very truthful and kind.

There was a long silence between the two, since the conversation had died with nothing much to talk about. Unless, they brought up their personal lives and matters into the conversation. "Your not from here, huh?" The woman could easily tell that Mila was not from Asirrada kingdom.

"No, I am from Mireraweth kingdom." Mila didn't mind telling them since they soon be found anyway from another kingdom. Anyone could tell that they were not a citizen of Asirrada kingdom with their clothes and with how they had no clue about how this kingdom worked at all with the events mainly.

"Really? Then, your kingdom is currently going into war with Maedda kingdom. Why are you here?" The woman was quite surprised that a young girl would come all this way to Asirrada kingdom which drew her attention to the little girl who was on her own.

"I don't care what my kingdom does. I was born there, but that doesn't mean that I see it as my home. My home is where my loved ones are, not the kingdom or birthplace." Mila spoke out her feelings since it was true in her heart that her home was wherever her loved ones were. Her home was not where she was born or raised since that was only what one would assume or put it that their home was where they were born, she thought differently though.

"Your heart speaks so much for your family with nothing but love for them. Makes me happy to know that you have a heart for family more than wealth and fame." The woman did not think that she would meet such an interesting girl who was not like any other girls from Mireraweth who only sought for fame and wealth.

"What do I call you?" Mila asked, seeing how she never got their name since they went ahead jumping to questions about one another without an introduction.

"You can call me... Kayla. What do I call you in return?" Kayla did not want to miss the chance to know the little girl.

"Mila."

Both girls were smiling to one another seeing how they didn't seem to be a threat to one another or hold any ill intentions. "Well, I hope we meet again. I cannot be gone for too long now." Kayla hoped that they both meet again in the future. Mila watched Kayla leave and blend into the crowd, she just sat watching the entire parade which would likely last till night or even till the next morning came.

14