Chapter 64
327 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mila grumbled feeling her sleepy head, she snuggled more into her bed, feeling the warmth of the bedsheets. They had gone to a tavern once again and decided to stay there for the time being since there were no other places. They had taken a room with two beds which Emmett and Tim slept on the floor while the girls all slept on the beds. However, she did not care how fancy or terrible the place was, she just needed a place to sleep with her friends and family. Still, there were no signs of Kate anywhere, she couldn't even sense anything. 'How long will we take to find her? It's been almost two weeks and still no sign.' Mila thought and felt Cotton and Net snuggle closer to her in the bed that the three of them shared. 'Whatever, let's just sleep more.' Going ahead, she continued to sleep with the two little ones.

Everyone decided to wake up, which they saw that their young lady was still sleeping due to how long the parade had actually lasted with the sun barely up. "Let her sleep a little more. She would be exhausted after trying to search for the last few days." Emmett told everyone as they left the room first.

Mila looked around seeing that she was once again in her unconscious mind where she would meet her beasts. [Mila, it's been awhile.] Vivian appeared beside her, nuzzling her nose against Mila's cheek. [Let's go.] Vivian led Mila first as they entered a place with the feeling of the wind pushing against them.

[Mila, we finally meet this way.] Hearing Skye's voice, who then appeared right before her in a very huge figure.

"Skye!" Mila saw that Skye was no longer an egg in dormant. She was a Blade Feathered Griffin which walked forth towards her, allowing her to see every part of Skye's body made of sharp bladed feathers. Skye lightly nuzzled her beak against Mila who couldn't help but feel like she was slowly being fixed. "I feel like I'm almost whole again."

[Same, we've been waiting so long for you.] Skye could also feel the missing pieces that they were all seeking for so long.

[Now, we are waiting for Kate to respond to us in some way.] Vivian said after. Kate was the last one that they were seeking for in order to end their long journey of being so far away from her father and brother who she felt was worried sick about her every single day.

They all stood looking to another while Mila knew that they needed to find some kind of trace to be able to find Kate's location at least. "What is Kate usually like? Where does she like to go?" Mila wanted to try and find some kind of clue that could help them in some way even if it was barely helpful.

[She would likely be somewhere cold. She is an ice element, so she would need somewhere cold to stay.] Vivian had a good idea what Kate's preference was with where she could be possibly at. Although, her guesses or assumptions were never correct or accurate since she was the youngest and loved to be childish. Yet, for Kate it was a whole different thing since Kate was rather very open or wise which made Vivian get attached to her the most.

"Somewhere cold?" Mila was thinking and thinking, but the only thing that ran through her mind was the perhaps the Frozen Forest that was barely mentioned or visited due to the cold temperature there. "I can only think of one place here that would suit her."

[Is it the Frozen Forest?] Skye knew that it was also the only place she could think of, they did not know if it was possible. The Frozen Forest lived up to its reputation and name which Skye found to be very fitting just like Kate.

"Yes, that's what I was thinking." Mila knew that they had to look at the most difficult places now that were rarely seen or visited for some certain reason. Along with the Frozen Forest being one of the most segregated land away from the other towns in Asirrada kingdom. "Alright, it's time for me to go ahead and find that forest." Mila needed to leave and start her way, she could not continue to stay in her little world with Vivian and Skye.

Mila woke up to see that she was still in bed with Cotton snuggling at her chest while Net was sleeping soundly on top of her head. Getting up, she had the two sleep together as she took a look in the mirror to see her face.

Seeing her scar, it had stopped growing once it reached half her face on the left side which she assumed would make most people disgusted to see it. 'Hm, it seems as though it had finally stopped growing.' Mila knew that only a full mask could hide her scar, but she relied on her hair instead to cover most of her left side of the face. Putting on her mask, she then wore her cloak and left the room to find the Frozen Forest in Asirrada kingdom. Casting her spell barrier, she needed to make sure that there was oxygen for her to breath while traveling through the water to get to the Frozen Forest.

Arriving to the Frozen Forest, it rarely had any people going there due to the cold temperature, but it's also barely used for anything since the resource that it only had involved ice elements which were barely used or found within the world. It felt like she walked onto a different atmosphere once her feet touched the ice soil even though she still had shoes on with the cold surpassing her warm clothes. Touching the cold ground with her hand, she could feel mana surging through to her which struck her with pain, lightly.

[Mila...] Hearing the familiar voice, Kate held a kind and sincere voice just like she did when Mila met her as an orb in her infant stage.

Mila smiled and felt tears since she finally felt like she was almost complete. "Kate, where are you right now?" She smiled, seeing her tears falling down to the icy ground that only froze it in the end once it touched.

Kate was fairly weak with her tone giving away most of her exhaustion. [This isn't the best place to find me. I am currently resting since the Mana Hunters are still looking for me. I have to restore my mana, but you must avoid them. They will try to use you or find you.] Kate was warning Mila before it was too late, making sure that her young master would keep her guard up at all times. [The Mana Hunters are trying to seek you, it is not safe for you to be alone and try to find me.] Kate did not want to harm or get Mila injured since she did not have much time anyway in her old body.

Mila sensed something coming directly at her, she jumped up dodging the fire that had been aimed directly at her. Taking out her sword, she looked to see that it was none other than the Mana Hunters who found her in the forest. 'Those bastards!!!' She could tell that they wanted something from her that held nothing good in the end.

"Don't kill her. She had something that we need." Hearing the leader instruct them, he was likely following orders given to them by their master.

Hearing them, Mila wasn't going to be used like a tool for their greed that would make her be more like a monster who sought power or like a mana stone for the Mana Hunters. Using Vivian's power, she had roots grown into spikes with the ice that built onto the roots, making it much more painful if one were to get injured by it. Hitting the few hunters, Mila knew that this had become more of an ambush or a trap specifically set up for her. "Skye!" Mila had called out Skye who appeared out once she jumped down the cliff.

Landing onto Skye's back, she looked behind her to see that there were three hunters using beasts made from nothing but mana, tailing her closely. Being shot from behind, they only had a limited amount of space since they were almost like in a bubble when they are in Asiradda kingdom being surrounded by nothing but water. The Asirrada kingdom was built in water which did not give them much of a choice to roam or fly freely. The kingdom had been specifically made for water beasts to swim as they please and travel as they go from town to town or forest to forest. [Mila this is going to be a rough flight!] Skye warned Mila who knew it was going to be tough to fly with little amount of space they had. With Skye being a wind beast, it did not change anything since they were still in a tight spot, but even Skye could get severely injured since her skin or feathers were made of metal which could rust easily.

Mila held tightly onto Skye being shot from behind knowing that they couldn't fight back very much. Mila rose up to use Vivian's certain sleeping powder, letting it roam within the air that they were flying in. Seeing how it was affecting the beasts, the hunters were not affected since they had covered their nose and mouths.

Their beasts were starting to fall over as sleep was overcoming them with their bodies dispersing into tiny matters. "Let's head down!" Mila had Skye go down towards the town which the hunters would likely not follow them since there were too many people to witness and know who they were. They had stopped chasing Mila who made it into the town which was a safe location and the best to lose them. Summoning Skye back, Mila panted feeling exhausted from the entire chase that had just happened.

Coughing a bit, Mila saw the small little blood on her palm once again knowing that she was reaching her limit once more. 'I can continue. I just need to be able to hold off until they leave.' Mila was not going to get found easily, nor was she going to let her body stop her.

[You need to be more careful. When you were being chased, your body collected some mana on the way from those man made beasts made of mana.] Skye didn't know why she collected some mana, but it seems as though her master was even able to collect the mana that the Mana Hunters stole.

[Is there another reason for the mana to enter into Mila's body without her choosing to do so herself?] Vivian was the last one who would know why mana gathered a lot in Mila. Mila would involuntarily gather or collect mana for some odd reason.

[Let's wait for Kate first. She would know more than any of us here.] Skye didn't want them to overthink it too much. For now, they needed to avoid the Mana Hunters who knew about them and Mila's mana.

"Mmm!" Mila felt someone grab her and cover her mouth which caused her reflexes to kick in hitting the fellow below at his crotch. Putting the thought of an egg that cracked in half with Mila not going to let herself be found or used by the Mana Hunters. Not knowing who it was, she was easily released causing her to turn around and gasped to know the person who she had just hurt. "ZH?!" She could see the pained expression on his face which made her very guilty of her actions.

"I-Is that any way to t-treat a l-long time b-best friend?" Mila could tell he was struggling to talk since a man's manhood was their 'very' weak spot.

'Whoops.' Mila thought, being unable to think about a better way to help ZH in this situation.

11