Chapter 67
247 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[It's not by any usual illness that humans would get for three days. Your body needs Kate since she is a part of the ice element. Those born with the ice element would need their beast who controls the ice or else their heart will give out once they don't find them. That is also why it is so hard to find one with the ability to use ice element since the chances of surviving with it is very difficult.] Skye knew of it but she didn't think that it would start taking effect once they reached Asiradda kingdom.

"Have you both been able to detect Kate at all? If it is effecting me now, then it is very likely that she must be close to us in this kingdom." Mila wanted to be able to live and survive. She didn't survive all this time to die again in the end. She had managed to change her fate, but she still did not know when she actually reached that age.

[I felt a little bit!] Vivian blurted since she felt the same type of pull or mana. The mana was a bit weak which Vivian did not know if it was for sure Kate or not since it could even be the little smaller beasts that she detected.

"Where?!" Mila wanted to know since she needed to find Kate at all costs. After all, she needed to be sure to return back to her father and Leo when her suppose time was up.

[I'm not sure. Once we entered this palace, then I felt Kate's presence nearby, but I'm not too sure if it was surely her or not.] Vivian said.

"Palace???" The last thing that Mila remembered was that she was in a tavern with ZH by her side. "We are in an tavern though, aren't we?" Being lost in her thoughts, trying to think about the chances of ZH 'kidnapping' her.

[No, we are in a palace right now. I'm pretty sure that I saw correctly.] Vivian said looking to see that Mila didn't know. Unless, she had gone crazy herself which was why she saw them in another place.

"I need to wake up right now." Mila had to wake up and know what was happening since she was all over the place with confusion being the first thing she felt. Feeling her eyelids forcefully open, she saw herself in a fancy room which clearly indicated that she was not in the tavern. "How did..." She grunted feeling a bit weak and barely able to pick herself up off the bed.

"Your fine. Right now, your body needs a little time to avoid the cold weather." Seeing a familiar women with her mask and cloak on, Mila knew who it was.

"Kayla..." Mila remained laying down and looked to the woman who walked over to her bed side, looking down at her.

"You remember me. It's good that you are fine for now." Kayla held her small hands that were still cold even though she wore heating gloves and blankets that wrapped around her small body.

Mila wondered why she was wearing heating gloves also when she was inside the room. 'Why am I wearing all of this in the morning too?' Mila thought and still looked to the woman while sweating.

"Your majesty, you shouldn't go around dressed like that. You need to be more formal." Hearing another woman come into the room and say which shocked Mila to hear how Kayla was addressed.

"Ma-Ma-Majesty?!?!?!" Mila didn't know how she came to the palace which belonged to the Asiradda Empress. "How did I get here?!" She yelled out alarming her comrades who came rushing in.

"Mila, are you okay?!" They rushed in saying at the same time as they saw how shocked Mila was.

"Why am I in the Asiradda palace?!" Mila was wanting answers since she didn't even want to be in the palace from the start. She looked over to her comrades who all gestured some kind of sign that they were not the ones who brought her there to begin with.

"Your here because I brought you here." ZH came into the room and saw how lively Mila was. "You look much better." Mila angrily crossed her arms looking at the man who started everything.

"ZH?! Explain all of this!" Mila wanted a clear explanation as they shut the doors to her room to avoid any open ears hearing them.

"Well, you were really sick so I had to bring you to my friend's palace until you could fully recover for the time being. At the moment, you still need more time to recuperate and so this place was the only one with the perfect warmth for your body." ZH petted her head as her hair still remained hiding her left side of the face, not allowing anyone to see what mark was hidden behind it. "We needed you in a more warm and isolated place. So I had to get my friend here to help me." ZH hated to admit the woman known as Kayla as a friend since they had a complete different type of first impressions when they first met.

"Hmph, since when did I ever think of you as a friend?" Kayla said looking to ZH who had no hurt feelings. Both were still on edge with one another due to the past which was a real effect on them.

'So cold...' Everyone in the room thought. 'How did they meet?' They all thought after seeing how the Empress of Asiradda Kingdom was a bit rough towards ZH with her movement and harsh words that emitted no care or gentleness in it.

"Ignore that filth." Kayla was still harsh with her words, making everyone in the room swallow their gasp to avoid ZH's darken face. "Anyway, Mila you will have to stay here until you can find your beast. I know of this type of case because my cousin had this before." Kayla said looking down to her. 'My cousin...'

"What happened to your cousin?" Mila was curious if her cousin ever lived since Vivian and Skye were so worried about her condition and knew about the outcome of things did not turn out correctly.

"She didn't live long since the ice element is one of the hardest elements to come by and use properly. Her body turned cold as ice making her seem more like an ice sculpture. We couldn't save her because we never found her beast. Ice elements are rare to have and they tend to be picky with the master that they were given." Kayla knew that Mila would be shocked but the chances of finding ones beast with the ice element was hard. However, Mila knew that it would be easy to have her beast comply since they've already met before. "We are willing to help you find your beast, but finding a beast of ice element is rare. It will be hard to find one since we have certain places in the Asiradda kingdom that holds ice in particular continents and territory."

"I know it will be hard. You do not need to trouble yourselves with my problems. I do not know how I am going to find her, but I know that she is here. She resides somewhere around here which means that you do not need to go through so much to help me find her. I can sense her. Not only me, but my other beasts can sense her also." Mila had them confused with where her beast could be. Yet, they all knew that no one can find their beast faster than themselves due to their connection since birth.

"What do you mean?" ZH asked this time wanting to help Mila find her beast to avoid losing her while he was gone.

"I don't know where, but I know that I can sense her now." Mila could feel a sense of warmth like a longing of a missing piece. It felt as though it was getting closer and closer which she found rather odd for being in the Asiradda palace. "Your majesty, is there any beasts that you have here by chance? Maybe even a dormant one?" Mila wanted to see if there were such a beast that could be in the Asiradda palace without one's knowledge since they were like outsiders to the Asiradda people and the empress.

Kayla was holding her chin and thinking about it since she needed to think carefully about beasts that they could have brought into the Asiradda palace. Then it clicked, "I believe there may be one, but I'm not sure if it is the correct one." Thinking through, she figured that there was still one that they did not really keep an eye on it have hopes for.

"Really?!" Mila didn't know if it could be Kate but they needed all the help they could get closer to Kate. "Can you take me there?!" Mila got up too quickly nearly falling over to the ground. Waiting for the impact, there was none as she saw ZH had caught her by the waist.

"Your just too impatient." He sighed and carried her in his arms with a blanket still wrapped around her small body. "Since you'll be coming back to the bed, then there is no need to get changed into a different outfit. Kayla, go ahead and lead us there. I'll carry her there." ZH had Kayla go ahead first while he continued to carry Mila in his arms.

'This idiot!' Mila was very embarrassed and red faced to see how he would continue this type of 'couple methods' when they were not a couple to begin with.

Following Kayla, they all went down to the lowest level within the Asiradda palace that most would not be able to enter unless they were sent to. 'I didn't think that they would have such a place here.' Kayla opened another door which was hidden from eye view that only she knew about.

"Here we are."

Opening the last door, Mila gasped seeing an egg which was looking to be like ice. "Take me over there." Mila had ZH carry her over to the egg which she laid her hand onto it. Immediately, she could already feel some contact like her surrounding had gone dark with only her and the egg in place.

[Mila, you found my new egg and my new body that'll be born.] Kate spoke out in a weak tone.

"Kate, is this really you?" Mila couldn't help but cry to see that it was indeed Kate.

[Not yet, but soon. I can't go into my new body yet until my old one dies.]

"Kate, where are you?" Mila wanted to know where Kate was.

[It's okay. I'll be reborn soon.] Kate didn't want Mila to worry and see her old body die in front of her.

"Kate?! Will you remember me?!" Mila started crying with hiccups forming after speaking to Kate.

[...] There was a long pause and silence which left Mila unsure of Kate's answer. She didn't know what to expect or hear from her with fear washing over.

"Kate???" Mila wanted to know since she barely had any time to know who Kate was but she felt like there would be a missing piece in her life if she didn't know how the older Kate was like.

[I'm sorry, Mila. I will not remember you nor Vivian and Skye. I'll have you form this contract with the egg first to help your body withstand the ice element.] The egg started glowing which sent some mana over to Mila with the cold no longer affecting Mila in the slightest bit.

The connection was then lost which Mila tried again to see that she was back, still being carried by ZH who had no clue what had happened or what Mila saw. "Kate? Kate?" Mila was sobbing as she wanting to at least find Kate in some way through the egg.

9