Chapter 75
367 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"This seems interesting." Mila rushed over, hiding and following the figures from afar but before she could continue, she had sent Cotton to send a message back to Emmett for help. Going to the room, she hid in the closet before they saw her.

"Now, have you done your part of the deal? These jewels are the fair deal and I do not expect to be disappointed at your end." John Kinney placed a suitcase down onto the table and opened it, revealing jewels that were not meant for any common people. Mila saw it clearly as the day the jewels were known as Mireraweth's Heart. It was a rare gem to be found in the mines which Mila wondered how John Kinney got them. The Mireraweth's hearts were gems and jewels that could mainly be found by mages or sorcerers who held very powerful mana.

"How did you get these?" The fellow buying the gems asked, full of curiosity to try and find them on his own.

"These were given to me by one of the clients who I traded a fair amount to get. Please, will you finally leave my family alone?" John Kinney looked to the men who were smiling and looking at the jewels in front of them.

"Not yet. I've heard that your daughter is getting married soon to the first son of Reynard Noble." The man then held a sinister smile, making the hair behind John Kinney's back perk up. "Why don't we have an arrangement first before her wedding?" The man held no good feelings or thoughts to John Kinney's daughter who was about to get married.

"Tell me! Why are you doing this?! I've brought the jewels that you've asked for!" It was obvious that the situation or deal was not going as John Kinney had planned. "You said that you would leave my family out of this!"

Mila could see now that he was doing it all to protect his daughter. 'How did this all start?' She thought, feeling as though it was more complicated than it looked. 'Still, I cannot forgive anyone who is trying to take a woman's innocence before her wedding with her one and only.' Mila felt rather upset and angry at how disgusting certain men were to try and seal a deal and get what they want.

"The deal is sealed, but we cannot let you live since you've seen what we were looking for." Hearing the swords pulled out, Mila knew that it wasn't time to let things go down the drain with the information that she just heard.

Kicking the closet door, her dagger flew hitting a few men around in the room, then rushing forth, kicking the last few men standing around as they flew hitting the walls. "Who are you?!" John Kinney took the jewels, placed them all back inside the little briefcase, and hid behind Mila who was smaller than him, but she knew how to fight.

"No time for questions. Let's go!" Mila had dragged John Kinney as she broke through the window which was their only escape route. Dragging him down with her, she heard him scream behind her, making Mila rather annoyed that men could scream that loud to the point of making her deaf. "Skye." Mila had Skye appear out in the dead of the night which allowed the moon's light to shine down onto her blade-made wings.

Landing into her back, both Mila and John Kinney looked behind them, seeing if they were being chased at this point. "Why are you helping me?!" John Kinney shouted out, not knowing if the person who saved him had any ill intentions as well.

"You have a family, right?!" Mila looked at him and saw that he froze there once she mentioned the word 'family'. "Your family would be disappointed if you died right then and there."

"Is my daughter safe?!" He asked with worry in his eyes. Mila could tell that he was worried since he held the same look as her father did when he felt scared or concerned for her safety and health.

"Let's go and see for ourselves." Mila had them both fly straight down as they landed smoothly at John Kinney's home. Quickly calling Skye back, they had to hide since Mila had sensed the people chasing after them not too long ago after they escaped. "Quickly, come this way!" Mila had dragged him where they hid away in the shadows.

Hearing the footsteps of the men running past their hiding spot, Mila had then taken John Kinney back home, hoping that Luce was safe and away from the current situation. Looking to see his house, John Kinney rushed in and shouted immediately. "Luce!!! Are you home?! Luce?!"

"Father!!!!" Luce ran in hugging her father who was worried sick about her. He couldn't help but sigh a breath of relief that washed over him at the same time.

Mila then noticed Leo who was with Luce the entire time that Luce had returned home. "Mila?!" Leo shouted out without even thinking twice since he felt the sibling bond once he saw the short figure behind his future father-in-law.

Mila smiled, taking off her hood but leaving her mask to hide her eyes. Mila saw Leo who had a shocked face to see her at his fiancé's home. "It's been a long time, big brother." Mila smiled as Leo rushed up, hugging Mila tightly. "You've grown bigger since the last time I saw you. Hehehe." Mila giggled, seeing how he was taller than before unless she grew shorter.

"Idiot, you grew taller." Leo looked down to see Mila who was of course a young child, yet she was now in her young teenage years. "Why didn't you go back home?" Leo didn't understand why Mila was with John Kinney in the first place.

"I saw that my future sister-in-law's father was in trouble, so I took the liberty of saving him from a dead deal." Mila pointed to John Kinney who grumbled holding the suitcase still with the gems. "Mister, why did you have those jewels, to begin with anyway? They are not meant to be sold off to such people unless it's for the emperor or empress." Everyone knew that the Mireraweth Heart was meant for only those of the Mireraweth palace or royal family.

John Kinney didn't know what to say since a young girl like Mila had witnessed it all and spouted it out right in front of the people who he did not wish to hear it. "Father, didn't I tell you to not make any rash deals? Look at where it almost took you if she didn't save you in time." Luce was very upset with her father that he would make such a deadly deal that could have cost him his life. Since her father handled a jewelry business, it would be hard to rashly make deals when it could run them out of business if one mistake was made incorrectly.

"Thank you... uh?" John Kinney didn't know who the little lady was ever since he was saved by her.

"My name is Mila Noble. It's an honor to meet such a fine businessman as you, John Kinney." Mila bowed even though it was not a dress, but she didn't bother to be dressed formally or not since she hadn't been dressed formally in almost three years.

"Thank you, Lady Mila. If it weren't for you, then I would have lost my life and my precious daughter." John Kinney didn't know how to repay the young lady who risked her life to save him.

"Mila!!!" Running into John's home, they saw four figures with two little beasts running along behind them with concern on their faces.

[Mila?! Are you okay?!] Cotton was out of breath, looking at how Mila's body was.

[We hurried as fast as we could!!!] Net hopped alongside Mila, still worried that things were not settled yet.

"Where did you go?!" Sara worriedly hugged Mila who knew she would be worried once they met again when she told them to take a break.

"Sorry, I was just saving a life. Look who I found!" Mila pointed to Leo who looked at the four people with the two he already knew, but the other two were unknown to him.

"Lord Leo!!! It's an honor to meet you again!" Emmett and Sara bow paying their respects to their young lady's older brother. Thelma and Tim had no clue about who Leo was.

"Who's he?" Tim questioned, looking at the fellow with the same dark cyan eyes as Mila which didn't even strike his mind that they were related.

"This is my older brother, Leo Noble." Mila introduced Leo allowing Tim and Thelma to greet him and meet for the first time.

"It's an honor to meet you. I am Thelma. A doctor who joined Lady Mila on her trip." Thelma could see some resemblances between the two siblings which made her smile to see that they didn't have any harsh feelings for one another.

"I'm Tim. A healer who also joined her along the way." Tim didn't seem to care much, but he did respect the young lord who held good intentions towards Mila.

Leo saw that the two had no suspicious attitude or gestures which gave him a sigh of relief that his little sister was with good people. "I'm glad that you all took care of my little sister. Thank you."

"I don't think it's safe for Baron John to stay here any longer with his daughter. By now, those men should be on their way looking for them both at this very moment." Mila suggested, looking to the entrance where she could hear heavy footsteps coming closer towards John Kinney's home. "Well, I guess it's not too late to have some fun." Mila took out her sword, seeing how it had been fixed up well by Emmett.

"Mila?! Are you going to go out there to fight with those brutes?!" Leo angrily saw how Mila was getting ahead of herself now that she had been dependent on her own.

"Leo, you have someone to protect. I have my part as well here. Once I saved this Baron, then I was already involved." Mila ran forth with Emmett following behind her since he was still her guard in the end.

"That idiot!" Leo grumbled and looked at the people still inside of John Kinney's home. "Luce, stay here with your father and everyone else. Don't go anywhere." Leo rushed out with his sword while Cotton and Net knew what to do.

[It's time for work.] Cotton sighed with Net who stood creating a wind barrier around them.

"Do these two always do this?" Luce looked at the two women who came along with Mila. She watched the two little beasts who were guarding them all.

"Yes, don't mind or bother them. They usually tend to listen to Mila while we just wait patiently. The thing they hate most is when someone distracts them from their duty." Tim advised Luce and her father to not act foolishly or rashly. Both father and daughter stood frozen, unsure of what to do since they didn't want to make a single move and get into a nasty fight with the two little beasts that had more than they expected.

***

Mila felt a bit excited to see that she could fight fairly with people to who she could match up. She rushed forth kicking the first man who broke down the metal gate around John Kinney's home. "This should be fun. I didn't think that you would use this method to get to them." Mila smiled with Emmett who appeared to join her in the upcoming fight with a few unknown men who were trying to get John Kinney.

"My lady, are you sure that you don't wish to let me handle them all?" Emmett looked at Mila who only smiled, he could read from her expression that she wanted to be a part of it. He only sighed, hoping that Leo and Duke Reynard did not punish him or cut his pay after this.

***

A/N: I will have to be on haitus for like 3-4 months since I was put into a program to get my certificate since my family seems to want me get a higher paying job even though I'm 20 but better younger than later. I wish that I could keep updating but I got 8-9 classes so I will have to be sure to keep up with my assignments which I find unnecessary so I need to shorten my schedule. I will be back by June! Thank you for reading!(TT__TT)

9