Chapter 76
229 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Taking each of them down, Mila smiled seeing how easy they were which gave her a thought that they were too easy to go against and were likely not involved with the Mana Hunters. 'Hm, these people are just ordinary people who don't seem to use the help of mana stones.' Mila could see that they didn't even have a single beast or ability used against her or Emmett. Leo had joined them not long after and kept his eyes on Mila while fighting the men who charged after him. 'Tsk, he shouldn't worry about me anymore. I'm almost an adult for heaven's sake.' Mila sighed, even though she knew in her mind she was much older than that. Yet, Leo was still rather worried and protective of her since he truly treated her like a little sister ever since she was reborn and given another chance to live.

"That's all of them," Emmett said, seeing how they took every single person down without the help of their beasts which gave him a sigh of relief that they were not dealing with any dangerous men who were among the Mana Hunters.

Mila saw one survivor trying to flee from them, throwing her sword which stabbed straight through his leg and onto the hard ground. Likely, crippling him now that the sword had gone through his leg and could have damaged his bone and some muscles in it. *Huff * 'He probably won't be walking anytime soon.' She thought, knowing that the man was going to have a rough path if he wasn't going to cooperate with them.

"Aaahhhhh!!!!" The man held onto his leg which was pinned down onto the stone floor below him.

"Look who we have." Mila smiled, going over to the man with Emmett and Leo following after to see the man who nearly fled the scene. "Tell us, what did you want with the Mireraweth Heart?" Mila took out her dagger holding it to the man's throat. She tended to get the answer that she wanted through a simple threat such as this which she found to be the only solution to get an answer.

"Mireraweth Heart?!" Leo knew of the jewel immediately, it was known only in the highest class family that would be able to know of such a jewel, but he had not listened to the entire situation involving John Kinney's 'deal'.

"If you don't tell us then I can't guarantee your life." Mila smiled, holding the dagger closer to his throat, she was going to threaten him to get the answer whether he liked it or not. "I'll give you till the count of three."

"One..." The dagger pressed onto his throat which made contact with his skin.

"Two..." It went further with blood starting to bleed out from his flesh. 'Is he going to let his life slip away so soon?' She did not think that he would be like the Mana Hunter's who were stubborn.

"I don't know! We were paid to get the jewelry!" The man shook with the dagger finally taken away from his throat. The man held onto his throat that had the blood still lightly seeping out from the fresh wound inflicted on him.

"Is that so?" Mila looked down to see if he was lying or not. She had no intentions of keeping a man who held a lie alive if he was not going to cooperate in the beginning since she had given him a chance and would not give another after. "If you lie, this dagger will kill you without a limit this time." Mila made the man's body shake with fear, never had he seen such a young child hold such a murderous air.

"They were part of the nobility family! I do not know who it was, but I only know because they had a beast on their side who threatened us in that way! Beasts only belong to those of nobility, and you know that we are nothing but commoners who work for money to survive!" Hearing the man shout out, she could see that the man and his men were likely threatened with their lives.

Mila just decided to believe his words as she pulled the sword out from his leg that would give tremendous pain. He screamed in pain while Mila looked at Emmett. "You can toss him in jail or whatever. We got the information we needed, but since he did cooperate then be sure that his leg can heal and allow him to continue to use it." Mila started walking back to the rest of her comrades who patiently waited for her in the Kinney's mansion. "Leo, as of right now. Luce cannot reside in her own home. She will be targeted, so I believe it is best to have her marry you as soon as possible to avoid troubles since her connections with her father can be severed in that way." Mila looked over to Leo who held nothing but questions regarding her sudden new look and attitude.

"Mila, when did you change so much?" Leo had never seen Mila this different before since he had only seen her bright and childish attitude. She was too different once she encountered danger or rather when she was in her killing intent to get the information that she needed or wanted.

"Leo, I can be different if you wish so, but I am still Mila no matter what you say. They say that one can change, but there can still be that different side of them still lingering within them." Mila smiled at him as Emmett returned to the both of them. Leo only looked at Mila, accepting that she was a little different, but it did not change the fact that she was still his treasured little sister. Going back to meet the group, they saw that Cotton and Net did a good job with their barriers around. "Thank you, Cotton. Thank you, Net." Mila petted both of their heads seeing how they always enjoyed the comfort she gave them.

"Luce, it's not safe for you to be here." Leo went upholding Luce's hands with Baron John angrily looking at the man who was going to marry his only child.

"I know, but there's not much we can do." Luce didn't know what they were going to do. "I can't just simply leave my father. He is my only family here." Luce didn't have her mother since young, she only had her father who tended to be busy to help her family survive the harsh world, but he always prioritized her before anything else.

"I may have an idea, but I don't know if you'll listen or not." Mila looked at them all since they suddenly gave her a look, unsure if her idea could work out the way they wanted it to. *Huff* "It would be best that Baron John goes into hiding while Leo and Luce get married immediately to avoid suspicion and to protect her until we find out who wanted the jewels." Mila had already told this to Leo who already agreed without questioning or going further into it since it was indeed the only correct method for them to go with. John Kinney and Luce needed to agree to it first since it was going to be a committed marriage with the blessing of the bride's father.

Leo couldn't think of anything since it was already a good plan from the start which he knew was also the only way that he could protect Luce from any other men or danger that would follow after her for her father's information or whereabouts. "It would depend on Baron John if he gives his blessing to us first." Leo truly respected Luce's father since he was a good man who had to raise a daughter on his own and never remarried after his wife passed away. 

Everyone watched Baron John who sighed knowing that it would be safer for his daughter to be with the man she fell for than to be with him who had people looking for him.

"Lord Leo, if you can keep my daughter happy and safe, then I give you my blessing and hope for you to truly love and take care of her. Don't let her be sad or get harmed in my place." He looked to Leo hoping that he would be a good man to his one and only child. He couldn't always be with his daughter, but everyone would soon find out that he had the jewels and gems that were not meant for any other than the royal family.

"I will be sure to make her happy. I will never want to see her sad from the beginning." Leo looked to Baron John then to Luce who felt shy to see that he would say such committed words mostly when it was in front of her father. Mila had Emmett bring a priest to have them wedded at that moment with the priest looking at the surrounding couples, unsure of which couple was getting married.

Once Emmett instructed the priest, they watched the two get married there at that moment while Leo didn't care about kissing Luce in front of only a small guest around when it wasn't a big wedding. Mila giggled, seeing how Leo would never be alone now since she never recalled him getting married in her last life. 'I truly must have brought you and your compatible love together. I hope that you both continue to have your love blossom for as long as you both live.' Mila had Skye send Baron John to a friend's home where he would be safe from the men looking for him. The jewel was left in a safe place until they found the person trying to buy it from John Kinney.

"So, you're Mila, correct?" Luce asked, looking at the teenage girl who did not even act her age. They had two carriages with Emmett, Sara, Thelma, and Tim all in one carriage. Leo, Luce, Cotton, Net, and Mila were all in another carriage, making their way back to the Noble mansion where she would finally meet with her father soon.

"Yep! That's me! Sorry if we never got to meet till now! I've been recuperating!" Mila laughed, rubbing her head still with her mask on to avoid anyone from seeing behind it. Her hair still covered the left side of the face since the scar was much bigger than one would think.

"May I ask, why do you still have a mask on still?" Luce didn't want to be rude, but Mila knew that she would be curious about it.

Mila smiled, removing her mask and then moving her hair to let her left side of the face be seen by both of the people in front of her while Cotton and net only sadly looked down. Luce gasped but Leo was more shocked to see it more clearly. "Mila, what happened?! Why did it grow more?!" Leo didn't understand how the scar could've grown more than before since she could have gone to the Asirrada Kingdom, but he did not know where Mila had gone within the three years.

"I'm not sure either nor do I know the reason, but I don't care. This scar is nothing to me." Mila smiled looking at Leo who held a look of guilt on his face.

"Mila, do you know it will be hard to find a suitor for you. Father would be very upset when he sees it." Leo explained, but Mila was indifferent to the whole topic that he brought up.

"Leo, are you just trying to get rid of me now? I can leave anytime if you want without a suitor or man by my side." Mila placed her mask back on with her hair hanging down again and crossed her arms looking away from Leo since he was talking to her about marriage.

"I just want you to be happy!" Leo lectured her, making Mila eye him since she did not think that he would try to think of her happiness with marriage involved.

"Who said that I needed marriage to be happy. It's not like I wanted to get married in the first place." Mila smiled, not caring if she got married or not.

8