Chapter 81
168 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I'm fine. There was no need to worry about it. The matter has been resolved." The woman removed her hood, allowing her dark maroon hair to be seen by the guards.

"Lana, what have I told you about going outside on your own?" Prince Leroy hurried over to see that his wife was safe and unharmed since he had heard about her going out to the town.

"I'm fine. No need to be alarmed." Lana smiled, returning to her carriage, with Prince Leroy joining behind her. He stuck by her side, which she found comforting to know from the beginning that he was by her side. Yet, she still knew that his feelings could still waver since he could easily be bored with her at any moment since the life of a prince or emperor always consisted of more than one woman.

***

Mila was still on the rooftop, seeing she saved Prince Leroy's wife. 'Isn't that just nice?' Mila smiled, seeing how the prince cared about Lana, just like she recalled her last life. 'Too bad your love isn't out of your pure heart since you will have someone else in it soon after.' Mila felt sad for Lana since she could see herself in her when she was in love with her ex-husband; she then left to go back home and stay any longer and get caught. 'I hope Lana can find happiness not based on her husband.'

[Mama!!! Why do you keep putting me back?! Do you hate me?!] Kate was yelling inside Mila's head, which gave her a headache to know that Kate was being stubborn and demanding again. [Why don't you let me stay out?! Please! Can you let me stay out from now on!?]

'Silly, I don't hate you to answer your other question, but I can't let you or let anyone find out about you yet. Only those who I can trust can see you, Vivian, and Skye. If anyone saw you along with Vivian and Skye, I would get hurt.' Mila did not know that Kate would be the hardest to handle out of her beasts, who agreed with no hurt feelings.

[I won't let mama get hurt!!!!] Kate was upset and whining, which made it clear that she understood how harsh it must've been for Vivian and Skye, who were on the same boat as her. Mila sighed, seeing how adorable Kate was with her childish attitude and good intentions for her.

Mila returned home, finishing her bath and drying her hair with a towel while in her nightgown. Feeling that the day had been long, she needed to prepare for the upcoming war that was bound to happen anytime by the end of the year. 'What can I do?' She thought, feeling her mind wavering. 'I do not wish to be useless in this situation since I've been gone for three years, and here I am yet again to do nothing.' Mila hated being unable to do anything since she had said before that she did not wish to cower away.

As time passed, Mila didn't know what to think or do since she did not have an entire group or secret group to help her. It had been too much on her to let sleep take over since she still had a lot more to worry about. For the next few days, she had been put into her lessons again with Lady Angela, who was more than willing to be her teacher again. Mila found it all the same and boring when listening to her, forcing herself to stay awake and motivated throughout the lesson. While Angela wasn't looking, Mila got up and went to the window with a thought in mind, which had her curl the side of her lips.

"Now, have you- What are you doing?!?!?" Angela looked to see Mila at the balcony window again, which made her concerned every time she was close to it. "Get away from there! It's dangerous!" She rushed over to pull Mila back, but Mila had already jumped down before getting caught by her teacher.

She was landing like always, on her feet that were not affected by her jumps and landings. "I'll be back later! Just tell my father that his daughter went out for fun!" Mila laughed, getting out of the mansion and out to the dangerous streets once again. 'I can never stay in one place.' She knew that she used to have patience back when she was married to her ex-husband, but now that she was single and free, she could do as she pleased without anyone stopping her.

[Mila, why do you keep running away from your lessons? Didn't you like it very much? Primarily when it is Lady Angela who is teaching them all to you. There is no other lady who would teach you such incredible history like her.] Vivian knew before that Mila used to love the history part of her lessons since Lady Angela would try all means to get the history that wasn't even apart from the Mireraweth Kingdom.

"Let's say that things I've learned from the journey were far better than in the lessons and books. It's hard to gather all that information and history about other kingdoms since they choose not to share it. Even if we did, I am sure the Mireraweth emperor would lie and say that the Mireraweth kingdom is supposed to rule across all the other kingdoms." Mila smiled, hopping along the rooftops but stopped and remembered that her father went to the Mireraweth palace to discuss the war. 'I might just have a place to go to after all.'

[Where are you going?] Skye started to speak out since they did not know what Mila planned to do. Mila knew how to block their connection which gave them no chance to learn about her thoughts or ideas.

'Let's see if I can get any information from where I am going.' Mila held a smile; she was not going to miss this chance since the palace always had some good information told or given.

Knowing that she could be killed for trespassing, she had to go forth with her curiosity that had reached its peak. Going towards the palace, she had hidden in the small corners of the throne room and away from the crowd of high upper-class men who gathered to meet with the Mireraweth Emperor. Seeing many faces of nobility inside to discuss the war, she did not know if they had already thought about some plan to avoid it.

"Your majesty! You've been neglecting this discussion about the war! Do you know that they have already started their way here?!"

'I guess the emperor continues to neglect it. I wonder if he is just too absorbed into his harem of women.' Mila sighed, crossing her arms over her chest while leaning against the corner of the wall.

"Your majesty, you must start sending our troops there. We have to start fighting instead of letting them keep moving forth."

The Mireraweth emperor's men were going on with their words allowing Mila to hear every little detail of how things have been neglected so far with the emperor. 'This was to be expected from the Mireraweth emperor from the beginning. They should have taken action on their own rather than waiting on him.' There was a long pause, leaving Mila unsure of what would happen next since there was only silence that filled the room. The emperor needed to start making a choice and take action now that it was time for the war to begin.

"Have Ambrose Graves depart soon with the troops that he will lead. He will lead the troop down to hold Maedda kingdom's troop while we try to get some Gririth's men to help." The emperor finally said with everyone unsure if it would result in anything good since Duke Garrick's second son was disfigured and a mute while the Gririth Kingdom was still unhelpful to them. The emperor left the throne room with Mila hopping out and outside to the garden of Mireraweth palace.

"Aiken, you shouldn't be here." On the other hand, a woman said Mila did not know the voice or who it belonged to. She did not know many people who lived in the Mireraweth palace. Although hearing the familiar name, Mila hid in the bushes looking to see the same mask which belonged to Aiken and only Aiken. Then, she noticed that Addis was the one speaking to Aiken in the garden of Mireraweth kingdom, Gririth Kingdom's Princess.

"Addis, do you not understand that I am going to war because of you. I want to get you back! You know yourself that you do not belong here with these scum-bags!" Aiken yelled, looking to Addis, who kept herself turned away from him.

"Aiken, we cannot. This is the only way to prevent my kingdom from falling and keep my older brother safe. We have already lost to the Mireraweth kingdom, and I do not wish to put my kingdom in any more danger." Addis was emitting a sad aura which Mila could easily sense. "The day that they charged into my home... there was no other option but for me to save my older brother, who escaped by a hair. I cannot let them do that again." Addis did not wish to lose her older brother like how she lost her father and mother.

"Addis, is it that you do not love me like back then? Are you in love with that cowardly prince who is sending someone else in his steed to war?" Aiken angrily held onto Addis's shoulders, turning her to look back at him. "Are you?!" He was angry, which Mila knew he would be if the woman he loved were in love with another.

'Men can do stupid things for the woman or lover they cherish.' Mila knew it was the truth deep down since her ex-husband had killed her just for her older sister. They did not wish for their affair to be discovered, so they resorted to murder in the end.

"It's not..." Addis was crying, and Mila could tell that Addis still loved the man with her at that moment.

'Tsk, she needs to choose her happiness or her kingdom. Which one would she choose?' Mila thought, looking to see how Addis was stuck between two paths like a strain in her life and her heart. 'It is hard not to be selfish.' Mila knew that Addis wanted to be with the man she loved, but she couldn't just abandon her people.

"You still love me, don't you?" Aiken looked down at Addis, loosening his grip on her arms to avoid bruising them.

Addis was crying; she nodded in response and looked up to Aiken. "I'm stuck between you and my people. I want to live with you and be your one and only woman. Yet, I have to protect my people and my brother."

'Oh, just as I thought. She is stuck between the two paths that hold her like a hostage. What would I do in this situation?' Mila didn't know what to do if she had to choose between her lover and her family. 'I don't know what I should do.' Mila started thinking again, crossing her arms over her chest, still hiding in the nearby bushes.

"I will fight for you. I will not allow them to take you away from me easily. I will not involve your kingdom. That is why I am using my power to get you back." Aiken hugged Addis, who cried in his arms.

'I guess I shouldn't be here too long.' Mila hopped off, knowing she needed to visit Ambrose since she still worried about him when he was chosen to go to war.

7