Chapter 87
138 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After days of planning, Mila had heard about Leo going to depart not long after. She sobbed seeing how he was leaving her along with Luce being left behind who also cried for him. "Leo, do you *hic* have to *hic* go?" Mila stood there next to Luce who was crying beside her. Luce had talked to Leo so much about leaving, trying to get him to stay, but it was from the Emperor's order that he would have to go.

"Mila, I'll be sure to come back. Luce, take care of my little sister." Leo hugged Luce, placing a kiss on her head knowing how much she was crying for him to stay with her. He then petted Mila's head knowing that there was no other option for him. Watching Leo leave, Mila knew that she had to get her plans organized and situated out as soon as possible.

Mila was sitting down having tea with Luce until a messenger came to deliver a message, specifically to Mila.

"Lady Mila has been invited to attend a woman's hunting match tomorrow." The messenger announced to Mila even though Luce was also there to hear the entire invitation.

"Pfftt!!!!" Mila spat out her tea, coughing to feel her throat stinging still from the sudden message when she had never been in contact with any other ladies. "Who sent me an invitation?!" She felt as though this was rather very suspicious when she first heard it. 'This smells like nothing but trouble.'

"Umm... well..." The messenger was told to not say anything to Mila since it would ruin one of the lady's plans that he was informed about.

Mila then figured it out with the messenger's look, she could see that things were likely planned by Vita to have all the women invited and embarrass her since she never met or shown her appearance before. 'I see. She thinks that embarrassing me will chase me away once again. We'll see about that then.' Mila scoffed, seeing how she was invited but not Luce. 'Things will get messy now.' Knowing that she was the intended target, she did not know what would happen or what Vita planned, but she was not going to let them have their way.

"Mila? Will you be alright? Going to such an event isn't easy." Luce worried about Mila who was being forced to go one way or another. She also knew that Mila had never been to a social group with other ladies around.

"I'll be fine. Besides, I have Cotton and Net with me." Cotton and Net nodded at the same time, looking up to assure Luce that she didn't need to worry about Mila being bullied in any way.

"Don't get into trouble then. I do not want to fail Leo since I am his wife, and you are my little sister as well. I am supposed to protect you, but with how my title is now with my father still hiding, I cannot do much of anything since I am still being watched at some point." Luce hated the thought of her father losing his title, but it was for the better. Yet, she was still being watched by a few spies that belonged to the Mireraweth Emperor who wished to get the stones and gems that her father found.

"You aren't letting him down at all. He loves you no matter what happens since nothing is ever your fault, to begin with. You both were meant to be together." Mila held Luce's hand and smiled gently at her. Luce didn't know what she did to have such a loving husband and a kind little sister-in-law who was like a sister that she never had.

The day moved along quickly, Mila was already dressed for the day of the hunt meant for only nobility women in high status to go. Refusing to take a carriage with her sisters, she had gone early to the location without a carriage. Arriving at Little Forest, Mila sighed waiting for anyone to arrive just as early as her. So far, it was only her who was there at the location. "Tsk, not a single person in sight." Mila sighed, seeing how they were all very much ladylike. 'How can you ladies all be as you like and dress up so much for it. I don't think you need to dress up for it at all, which I find quite a waste of time.' Speaking in her mind, she found it quite annoying how one must be ladylike at all times just because they are a woman.

[Why isn't mama ladylike?] Kate asked, making Mila irritated that the young fox would ask such a question to her when she didn't want to be ladylike. Mila did not want to recall her past life that was nothing but her being ladylike in every subject.

[Kate, that's not... a good way to judge her.] Skye was still teaching Kate to learn to be a little more thoughtful about a few things than to be too honest.

[We can only hope for Kate to grow up soon and be somewhat wise in some topics.] Vivian sighed, seeing how they were left to take care and babysit Kate who was still childish. [You haven't called us out in a while. Is it that bad to have us seen as your beasts?] Vivian then decided to mention since it had been too long that they lost track of the last time that Mila had called them out.

Mila knew that they would ask or wonder why she wasn't letting them out to explore or guard her. The truth was that she knew it still wasn't safe for them to show themselves. Everyone still thought of her as a useless Noble child born between a maid and a high-status man. 'Not yet. It's not safe, and I prefer not to have you guys use tools like that.' Mila knew that if people found out then they would use her to their advantage however they liked it.

"Oh my, why is a young girl like you here alone?" Mila looked to her side to see Addis standing there before her.

'Oh, I did not think that I would meet her so soon.' Mila looked to see that the woman was indeed the Crown Prince's concubine. "Lady Addis? Why are you here?" Mila asked, seeing how she was there early with her and all dressed for the hunt.

"Don't be too surprised by my appearance here. I was invited, but I also know a bit about hunting. It's not rare for me to be seen while hunting. We will be hunting a few beasts which we can form a contract, but it's hard since this forest has mainly stubborn beasts that refuse to be in a contract with us." Addis was giving Mila almost like a lecture and advice to not be alone ever when it came to hunting.

(-_-)

'I can see why Aiken fell in love with you.' Mila thought, seeing how active Addis was in some unladylike aspects which made Mila rather like Addis who was not like any other very lady.

"Why are you here so early?" Addis was curious since she had never seen such a young woman like Mila up early and dressed without a care of how she looked. Addis was even curious about the mask that Mila wore with her left side of the face covered by her hair. 'Why is this young one wearing such an appearance? Who is she?' Addis did not even know which family the young girl was from.

"I wanted to avoid some nuisance, so I came on my own." Mila leaned against a tree nearby, letting her back ease up and relax for the time being while they waited for the rest of the ladies to show up.

"What is the nuisance?" Addis went over, leaning against the tree that Mila was leaning up against. Waiting for the little girl to say something back since she was rather curious about the little girl and her life.

Mila could tell that Addis and a hint of curiosity in her eyes reminded her about how curious she could be with her father's love life. 'Father's love life is very interesting. I hope that one day, I will be able to know the whole story.' Mila smiled at the thought of knowing about her father's love life in the future which would have to wait at the moment. She then went back to her current situation with Addis who was next to her, leaning against the tree also. "My half-sisters, they likely plan to embarrass me at this event. I'm curious as to how things will go in the end though." Mila chuckled a little looking to the distance in front of them. Cotton and Net remained in the tree hiding from all the danger but watched Mila from afar. Keeping guard around their surroundings, there was no sign of any unknown or suspicious figures yet.

"I didn't think that you would have such a harsh life. You seem to have it harder than me." Addis didn't think that a young girl like Mila would be bullied by her blood family who should be treating her kindly with love. "Why didn't you reject the invitation?" Addis asked Mila who only smiled, looking at her with no sign of fear on her face.

"I do not run from fights. If they want one, then I might as well give them one that they will never forget." Mila had a deadly aura which Addis could easily sense which she found strange from a young woman like Mila.

"You are strong-headed. You don't run from fights which makes me think of how strong some women are." Addis could not help but wish that she had that sort of attitude to fight head-on with the people who look down on her or those who wish to harm her.

"Lady Addis, you are not weak." Mila looked to Addis who was rather shocked to hear those words from a woman who was younger than her. "You just need a little boost to help you with your courage to get there." Mila gave her a reassuring smile that she would get there soon, just not at the moment. "I will help you when it's necessary." Both of them spent the time together as the rest of the ladies were all showing up slowly one after another. 'They finally decided to show up. Isn't that just nice?' Mila said sarcastically in her head with a slight hint of annoyance in it which her beasts could easily tell that she did not like the social gathering for the hunt.

"Now, you all know that it is time for us women to have our fun. No men are allowed to take part in this special event for the ladies." The empress had to set up the event even though she wasn't even part of it. The empress watched them from afar, seeing how they were all there like she assumed they would be. Her eyes then landed on Mila for her distinct features and her mask out of the rest of the ladies. "This hunt you can have new beasts, or you can just simply hunt them. Beasts can be difficult to hunt since they disintegrate after being killed. So, to know you will only have them tired or worn out enough to bring back something on them to prove your hunt." The empress explained with Mila already understanding the rules that would occur.

Given a horse, Mila could see Vita and Elsie smirking at one another with intentions in their eyes. 'They are planning something. I need to keep my guard up.' Mila looked down at the horse that she was currently on. 'I need to get this horse checked just in case.' Hearing the bell ring for everyone to start, everyone just headed off in their direction. Mila had gone in another direction making sure that no one would follow her while she spoke to the horse she received.

6