Chapter 88
118 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Getting off the horse, she made sure that there was no one listening or following after her. "So, what happened? Did you get fed something dangerous or given the wrong treatment?" Mila questioned the horse who was unsure if the human was talking to him.

[Tsk, what is this human doing?] He was a common horse that could be easily found all around with the rock element.

"You know, I can understand you." Mila crossed her arms looking at the disrespectful horse that she had taken to use for the hunt.

[There's no way a human could understand a beast such as me.] The horse then grunted, looking away in annoyance at how hard the human before him was trying to communicate with him.

"Oh, 'there's no way a human could understand a beast' you say," Mila smirked, seeing the horse's shocked face to see that her head repeated his exact words to him.

[What are you?!] He went forth towards her with the suspicion that she must be some sort of inhuman breed that could have been long forgotten.

Sigh 

"Such a disrespectful horse." Mila sighed, seeing how he was so rude to her. "So, speak. What did any of those ladies try to plot against me this time?" Mila wanted an answer since she knew that there was more behind the story.

[You mean those ugly women who tried to harm me.] Mila felt like laughing since the horse was out of the ordinary and using such words as 'ugly' to describe them. [Trying to poison me, but I am not some random stupid beast. I'm not like some random horse that would just eat out of another human's hand like that.] The horse did not want to be like any other horse that would easily accept defeat, he would rather get back at those who tried to harm him.

Mila was quite surprised how one horse was so clever but also stubborn. 'I wonder why you did not throw me off your back then.' Mila felt as though he would have been the type horse to kick her off his back but luckily he was not that rude. "What's your name?" Trying to find out the name of the horse, would allow her to have some sort of connection with him.

[Buck... yours?] Buck then questioned the strange human who indeed understood every word spoken from him.

"Mila... Mila Noble." Both humans and horses looked to one another which had them be better associated with one another. "Would you like to help me get payback from those ugly women who tried to hurt you?" Mila decided to offer up some help to Buck who could've been nearly killed by the women who tried to poison him that could cause him to go crazy by the effects.

Buck gladly trotted over to Mila who was already walking off, knowing that he would indeed join into the fun that would happen which allowed them front row seats to witness. [Such an offer from you should not be turned down.] Buck had then stopped in front of Mila, getting her attention which was questioning why he stood in front of her. [Get on. If we plan to get revenge then I suggest we work together. Starting with my quicker pace.] Buck was right when Mila took the offer right away. Getting onto Buck's back, both were going to plan something fun for the ladies who had wanted to harm them both during the hunting event.

***

"Do you think her horse went rampage by now?" Elsie smiled, looking over to Vita who had plotted it all from the beginning with the few ladies who joined along to harm Mila.

"It likely has. The horse should've run off into a cliff or something. There's no way that she would've survived along with that horse since it should have taken the 'treats'." Vita pulled the reins of her horse, stopping her mount from going any further.

"What's wrong?" Elsie asked, looking at Vita who gestured a shush sign since she had sensed something deep within the forest that was approaching their direction unknowingly.

"Shh... look." Both women looked to see a large two-tail warthog searching for food during this time of day. Most beast elements were determined by the color of their fur or skin which allowed everyone to determine what element they held.

"Vita, none of us can get it as our beast. It's a plant element, so we can likely only bring one of its tusks or fur as part of the contribution to the hunting event." Elsie told Vita who held a smile of excitement for their first hunt.

"Then, I'll bring back two tusks for this special occasion." Vita smiled, looking at the two tail warthog who had started to sense another presence watching it. "Glori." Appearing out was her Twelve Legged Tarantula, it looked around to see that her target was the warthog. The warthog then ran off not because of Vita, Elsie, or Glori that were targeting it. They all felt the floor tremble below them with Vita's beast suddenly shaking to know that the beast was much stronger than her. "Glori?! What's wrong?!" Vita could sense how uneasy Glori was with the trembling becoming more severe that headed towards their direction.

[Master, there's something strong coming this way! You should leave!] Glori stood forth in front of Vita and Elsie since she was supposed to protect her master from any incoming danger.

Appearing out of the trees and bushes was a Grand Bear, known to be one of the oldest beasts and rarely seen in any kingdom. It was close to its hibernation stage, but it looked to have been disturbed in its sleep for some odd reason. 'Why is the Grand Bear not hibernating at this time?' Vita did not understand why that rare beast was awake, but it was even more troublesome to deal with it.

"Aaaahhhhh!!!!"

Vita and Elsie screamed with their horses startled by the Grand Bear with the knowledge that they were of no match to such a beast that could easily kill them with its dagger-like claws. Both girls had fallen off their horses once they went into a panic. "Our horses!!!" Vita yelled out seeing their horses run off without a care if their riders were alive or not in the end.

"How are we going to get back?!" Elsie got up with Vita who stood up first. Glori was fighting the Grand Bear that was very much stronger than her since she was similar to a bug that could easily be killed by any other beast.

Being held down, the bear had the roots grab onto each limb of Vita's beast that left her like a disabled beast. The bear roared with the roots pulling the spider's legs ripping them off Glori like it was nothing compared to its strength. "Glori!!!" Vita shouted out, seeing that her beast was easily defeated by such a Grand Bear after it woke up from its hibernation. Vita's spider screeched loudly, returning to be healed since the beast's mana and element were its sources.

"Henn!!!" Elsie called out her beast which was a Saber Smoke Fossa. Elsie's beast witnessed how huge the Grand Bear was with its thick sharp teeth-baring out for them to see.

[Master! You know that the possibility of beating this beast is a low chance!] Henn angrily growled at her master for calling her out to try and defeat an impossible beast.

"Just shut up and lead it away!!!" Elsie yelled, seeing how her beast was frightened by the Grand Bear who was without a doubt a beast that should not be messed with once awoken from its hibernation.

'This damn master of mine is nothing but a wimp!' Elsie's beast truthfully hated her master since she was forced to form a contract with her when she did not catch her from the beginning. 'If only that damn knight accepted me instead then I would not be in this type of situation.' The Saber Smoke Fossa angrily hated how she was given up by a knight who was compatible with her type of skills and ended up with such a weak human. 'I'll be able to get out of this contract in some way.'

Her beast charged at the bear which stomped forth nearly getting the fossa with its dagger-like claws that could easily kill her instantly. While the beasts fought one another, Vita and Elsie didn't know what to do in this situation since they did not take such 'useless' lessons that they considered pointless for ladies. "We're stuck here!" Elsie looked all around to see no one around to help them and no escape route for them.

The bear had finally managed to clamp down onto the bothersome fossa which screeched, feeling the bear's teeth sink into its small slim body. It swung the fossa around and let it hit the nearby trees as it had no more fight to get up and go against the Grand Bear. Vita and Elsie stood there stunned and unable to get up with so much fear that overlapped their bodies, physically and mentally.

'Is this it?! I have not even achieved my main goal yet!' Vita looked over to Elsie who she then shoved forth into the Grand Bear as a sacrifice to survive.

"Vita!!!!!" Elsie shouted out, seeing that she was sacrificed to the Grand Bear that stood right in front of her with its deadly gaze upon her. "AAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!" Elsie covered her face, knowing that there was no other choice for her. 'That damn traitorous woman!!!' Elsie was angered that Vita would use her to escape from the beast.

Arrows were then heard on the side hitting the bear that soon turned its attention away from the young woman in front of it. Fire erupted soon after from the arrow, giving damage to the Grand Bear who was weak against the fire element. "If you both want to live then get on my horse and go!" Addis appeared looking at the two weaklings that could not even be a match to it.

Getting off her horse, Addis figured that she could handle the bear on her own since her element was stronger against it. Vita and Elsie went ahead taking her horse, leaving on their own with Addis left alone to deal with the Grand Bear. Addis had fire erupt around the bear which it did not even fear fire that continued to burn against its root-like body.

It went forth charging at Addis who tried using her fire once more to aim at its weaker part of the body. The bear ignored the burning sensation, hitting Addis with its paw. Its claws badly scratched her, with the bear's attack that she barely managed to escape from. Addis had hit a tree, feeling her arm bleeding from the claws of the bear that was indeed as sharp as a dagger that one would describe it to be like.

Panting, she looked up to see the bear charging at her since the claws of the Grand Bear even contained some paralyze poison. 'Is this how I die?' Addis thought, feeling her eyes shut close to avoid feeling pain when the bear got her. She waited but nothing came at her after such a long time. Opening up, she saw a figure hidden behind a cloak seeing only their back only. "W-Who are you?" She asked, looking at the unknown person who just saved her from the Grand Bear that targeted her.

The figure said nothing, only spreading powder which had Addis fall asleep at that moment from seeing anything that she wasn't supposed to see. Addis wanted to know who saved her but the sleeping powder they used was very effective towards her. 'Damn it...' Falling over, Addis was unconscious feeling nothing, and seeing nothing but darkness after that overcame her vision all around.

6