Chapter 89
131 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Well, I didn't think she would save my two nemeses even when one of them tried to sacrifice the other." Mila sighed, seeing how Addis just had to come in and play 'hero' to her two half-sisters. Getting into her full disguise with her face fully covered by her mask to avoid being found too soon by their main target. Allowing her cloak to envelope her entire body, leaving no hint of her identity belonging to any kingdom. 'This should do it.' Smiling with the thought of being in her disguise once again after so long allowed her to feel a bit of a change in her life.

[Why did you decide to save her? Didn't she just ruin our plan to ruin the two women who tried to plot against us?] Buck walked out towards Mila, once the Grand Bear had also been put to sleep by the sleeping powder that belonged to her.

"Hmph, let's just say she had another purpose for me in my plans." Mila went over to Addis who was bleeding by the injury inflicted onto her by the Grand Bear. "Vivian." Appearing out from her call, Vivian had her glowing horse figure with her wings looking to have grown larger than before. Her horn was shining due to the mana she had been gathering throughout the time she was resting within Mila.

[You called?] Vivian looked to see Mila and then to the injured woman below them. 'What has my young master done now?' Vivian knew that it must involve Mila in some sort of way since her young master's mind continued to create new plans; one after another.

"Heal her. She is the person we need to live for our big plan." Mila looked at Vivian. Her gaze then went over to see Buck, standing there and looking at Vivian. "Umm... are you alright?" Mila saw how he was enchanted by Vivian who gave him no care since she had to handle the injured woman who she was ordered to heal.

[Can you form a contract with me?!] Buck begged, looking at Mila who didn't understand how this worked since they were not compatible, to begin with.

'W-What is this horse trying to do?' Mila's mind continued to linger with possible thoughts or ideas that Buck was trying to get at. Vivian wasn't even paying attention and continued to focus on healing Addis. "Hey, I don't think I have the element to form a contract with you." Seeing how upset Buck looked, she did not know what else to tell him besides the truth. "I don't have your element so there's no contract that can be made between us." Mila could see the upset look in Buck's eyes since there was no other option. "I'll bring you along with me, but I can't guarantee the contract no matter what. What's your purpose in making contact with me anyway?" Mila didn't understand if he was going to confess or not about his whole idea to form a contract with her.

Buck rushed over to Vivian who stared at him once she had finished healing the unconscious woman who laid on the ground. [Please be my mare!!!] Buck told Vivian who stood shocked by his sudden words directed towards her. Mila herself didn't want to think about both of them getting into a pair when her other four people were already in a pair.

'What is going on here?' Mila held her head, seeing how it looked as though Buck fell in love at first sight with Vivian. "Vivian... Vivian~..." Mila didn't want to think about the possibility of a foal being born unexpectedly between the two. "I thought that beasts can't have little ones." She decided to point out the two horses looking in her direction.

[If both beasts are willing to accept another and have a bond to form a family then it can happen, but the chances are always slim when it comes to forming a bond. Most beasts don't tend to create a bond that's why most of us are just reborn into another body or form after death. The chances of having a little one are rare. The consequence of having a family does not allow us to be reborn after, but makes us roam like mana.] Vivian explained for Mila who never thought that it was possible, but the outcome would have the beast choose if they want to be able to live again or have a family.

[Will you be my mare?] Buck asked Vivian, seeing how she was the most beautiful beast he had ever seen in his entire life with the thought that there was no other who could compete with her beauty.

[Umm... we barely know each other. Also, I'm rarely out since it's to protect my dear master from being discovered so soon by other humans.] Vivian could see the sad look in Buck's eyes. Still, she did not bother to think about his feelings at the current moment with the thought that she would not meet him again after.

"Vivian, you are an exception since you can change your form." Mila decided to keep Vivian out since Buck would be disappointed, but he also decided to work with her. Mila did not want to upset Buck who was one of the odd ones out of the rest of the horses in the stables that she stumbled upon.

Vivian paused and sighed, changing her form to look like any other common horse that could be found around the kingdom. [Better?] Vivian looked over to Mila to see her young master's thoughts about her look.

"Yeah, I'll have to explain to Skye and Kate about this." Mila petted Vivian on the side of her neck while her other free hand rubbed her head with reasons to explain to the other two beasts of hers. Buck went over, seeing how Vivian was still a beautiful horse in front of him even though she was not in her real form.

[So, who's this stallion?] Vivian decided to change the topic a bit, deciding to get to know the random horse that was enchanted by her.

"He helped me, so it wouldn't be bad to have him join us since he did help me in some way to get payback from the ladies. You both can talk, but I need to take Addis somewhere." Mila dragged Addis with her to her secret home that she had bought on her own without any of her comrades and her families knowing. Vivian and Buck followed along with her but at a farther distance while talking to one another.

Placing Addis down onto the bed, Mila didn't know if she would cooperate or not once she woke up to see where she was at. Casting a spell, Mila made sure that her voice would sound different once she spoke to Addis about her offer. She waited there for Addis to wake up, sitting down at the chair that stood up near the window. By now, it was already the end of the hunting event with the ladies who could be in an uproar with Vita and Elsie or ignoring the missing women. They would either be ignored or they would have a group search for the missing women.

Hearing Addis grunt and mumble, Mila could tell that she was already awake after that few hours rests. "You're finally awake," Mila said, looking at Addis who immediately stared at her with confusion as to why she was there.

"Who are you? Why did you save me?" Addis started to ask the unknown figure who had saved her from the Grand Bear, but she was also thinking about how the hidden figure managed to defeat the Grand Bear.

"Your highness does not need to know who I am. I am merely here to ask for your cooperation if you are willing." Mila stood up, not looking any taller than Addis. Making Addis assume that the person before her was either still small or just short in general.

"Why should I cooperate with you?" Addis questioned, seeing how the young lady didn't show her face or figure. 'What is this person's motive? How am I of any use to her?' Addis did not know what they wanted from her with another thought that perhaps they did not know her identity as the Princess of Gririth's and the Crown Prince's concubine.

"Do you wish to end this war quicker without any more bloodshed or until one kingdom falls?" Mila kept her gaze on the only woman who could give her a hand. "It's up to you. If you don't wish to help me end this war, then I will be on my own. I have no intentions of forcing anyone to follow along if they do not wish to." Mila was about to leave the room and get Vivian to get her sleeping powder ready.

"Wait!" Addis looked at Mila, wanting to know why she wanted to end the war so soon when they were not exactly involved. 'Why is this person trying to end the war? Does she know the reason behind it?' Addis continued to think of questions that would pop up in her head that increased her curiosity about the individual.

"Hm?" Mila turned her head back to look at the lady trying to get out of the bed which allowed her to see Addis stumble onto the ground. 'This woman needs to rest a bit longer since she was affected by paralysis poison. Tsk, Tsk' Seeing how Addis forgot how she was affected by a harmless poison during the fight with the Grand Bear.

"Why do you want to end the war? Are you from another kingdom trying to take advantage of it?" Addis ignored that image of her on the ground and gave Mila a look as if she was going to kill her if she was planning something like that.

"Hmph, I don't have that kind of power. Also, I do not wish to be a ruler of a kingdom. It seems annoying to be a ruler with so much responsibility. I am merely trying to protect the people who are being forced to go to the war trying to protect those they love behind the walls to watch it all happen." Mila opened the door with Addis hitting the ground again stumbling, trying to stand up with her body refusing to work with her.

"Wait!" Addis held onto Mila's cloak even though she was still on the ground. Getting Mila's cloak was enough for her to stop her from leaving so suddenly and listen to the woman. "I'll help. What do you need me to do?" Addis was willing to work with Mila when she felt a little uneasy about being involved.

'This is going well. The first step is complete. Time for the next one.' Grabbing Addis's hand, she then cast a spell for Addis to float back onto her bed. "I'll tell you after you have fully healed." Mila looked around outside first then shut the door to have her discussion with Addis. Avoiding open ears that would be listening which would be bothersome if anyone heard them.

***

While…

[Hey, did you ever agree to be my mare?] Buck kept asking Vivian the same thing which was annoying her. They were waiting at the stables where Mila had her private home.

She could see how he was acting all cute just to have her agree. [Why do you want me to be your mare so badly? There are many others, besides, I'm a few thousand years older than you.] Vivian felt annoyed that a single rock element horse fell for her when she should be almost like his mother's age.

[I don't care. Like I said, you're the very first beautiful mare in my eyes.]

[Whatever.] Vivian looked away and seeing how he was with words made her feel happy to hear the word 'beautiful' again.

[Then you agreed!!!] Buck could feel his tail wagging with Vivian ignoring him once again.

'This stallion...' Vivian didn't know what to think of him anymore.

(-_-)

7