Chapter 92
55 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Your majesty! If we do not find Lady Addis then the peace treaty would be futile with the Gririth kingdom!" A man shouted out to the Mireraweth Emperor to think more carefully about their options that were heavily affected.

"We also would not be able to have their assistant in this war when they find out that she was taken away like nothing!" Another pointed out that their kingdom was in a more dire situation than it was before the war even started, or rather when they were given three years to prepare for it all, but the last war had taken a lot out of their troops and kingdom.

"Not a single trace of Lady Addis has been found yet!" The men around kept shouting with concern for their lives more than any other with selfishness to flee if their kingdom tumbled by any chance after everything. "She attended the hunting event as most ladies would, but she was kidnapped in that whole ordeal when she was our hostage here!" Every person in the room listened to the man who had shouted out the fact that their kingdom was losing itself.

The emperor felt irritated once again to see that they may have gotten into another war with an unexpected guest with all of his men scared by such events instead of being able to stand without the look of fear on their faces. "Should we keep pursuing the Maedda kingdom or... pursue the unwanted guest who kidnapped our hostage from the last war?" The emperor looked down to the men below, giving no care if he called the Gririth Princess a hostage which he preferred that term for her since they took her as part of the peace treaty between the two kingdoms. Although, what his men had said was true that if she was not within their kingdom, then the peace treaty would have no meaning between the two kingdoms. They had to choose between the two options that they were given by the emperor. Knowing that both options did not seem to be what they wanted since they were given a choice to give up one in the end. There were no options to choose both since the beginning of the entire meeting when it first started.

"I believe pursuing the unknown guest is the best choice out of the two that we are given." Duke Reynard looked up to the emperor, holding his same cold look with the only best option for them in his mind since they did not know who they were up against since no one else knew about the unknown individual's identity. 'It would be better to try and know this individual first and see what they can do to us before we choose the wrong option. We need to see if they have a weakness or a motive before things get too tricky.' Thinking it through, he wanted to know more about the unknown guest who had entered into their kingdom and kidnapped the princess of Grirth Kingdom as their first plan. There was silence filling the air for some time in the throne room with not a single person making a single movement or gesture of any sort. In the end, Duke Reynard would not care if they opposed him or went along with him since the final decision would be up to the emperor if he wanted to keep going towards the Maedda troop or the unknown quest.

"Why do you say so?" The emperor looked to Duke Reynard, seeing that he was asking them to target the unknown beings who appeared out of the blue into their territory without knowing their real motive.

"The Maedda kingdom may be at an advantage, but if we can get this unknown guest to work with us then perhaps we can sort out a deal to them." Duke Reynard could only think of such a suggestion to go ahead and get the help of the Maedda troops or the unknown individual if they held such strength in them. They either needed to get rid of the individual who decided to take one of the high-ranking women of the kingdom when she was like one of the princesses for a sign of peace treaty or get help from the individual to stop the Maedda troop.

"How do you know that they are going to be willing to work with us?" The emperor didn't know if words from the uninvited guest could be trusted since they did not know the individual while the kingdoms always had some knowledge amongst one another. 'Why does he suggest that we find that individual to help us in this war? What can they do for us in this situation? What happens if they are not what we need in the end?' The Mireraweth emperor piled on questions that only he would think about while the rest of the men below criticized Duke Reynard's reasoning in their minds.

"If not them then we have no choice, but to turn to the Maedda kingdom. Stopping these unknown guests may be far more dangerous than the Maedda kingdom since they had managed to take the princess and even stop the Grand Bear who may have been chasing after the princess." Duke Garrick jumped in pointing out other suggestions or possible things that could have happened before the princess had been kidnapped. 'We can never underestimate the individual who happened to cross into our kingdom like they are just some passerby.'

"How do you know that the Maedda kingdom will help us stop this individual?" The Mireraweth emperor knew that there would be some sort of deal that would occur if they were to help the Maedda Emperor or the hidden individual, so they would have to give something up in the end. 'How can we trust the enemy when it isn't even easy to trust the secret individual?'

"If they are dealing with the same unknown guest, then it may be better to work with them together to get rid of the outsider." Duke Garrick knew that the emperor would bring up such a question which he knew what to say after. "Not only that, but we may have what that individual needs more than what the Maedda kingdom has. That may be one of the reasons why they decided to take the princess away from us since they know that the Gririth princess holds a powerful position." Duke Garrick could see that the emperor was thinking about what he had just said in front of everyone in the throne room.

"Then, have them look for this unknown guest who kidnapped the Gririth princess. It would be better to find them than to sit idle here all day." The emperor left the throne room with all the ruckus that had been going on with more men speaking amongst one another to know the next plan of theirs.

***

"So, they are planning that now," Mila smirked, listening nearby on a huge window edge that was built high on the walls of the throne room. 'Well, I guess I better make myself known somehow or pay them all a visit.' Hopping down, she whistled to alarm her comrade which she landed on a beast working alongside her.

[Mila, are we going onto the next step of the plan?] The beast asked, looking back to Mila who rode on top of their back.

"We are almost there." Mila held onto the beast, knowing that it was one of the many who chose to follow her. "Why were you all so willing to follow me anyway?" She then felt the urge to question, looking at the old beast which had been long hidden away that no other human had seen in the longest time in history.

[You are one to come across in thousands of years. Maybe, even millions of years have passed for us. Your gift was given to you for a reason. We can all feel your mana and power which exceeds farther than anyone we know.] The moon finally lit down onto the beast allowing Mila to see its glowing fur that was as beautiful as the moon. Its figure is known as a large bat with its large wings extending wide as two carriages, its sharp snake eyes allowing it to see far within its view with the big bat-like ears to hear anything in the farthest distance.

"You all think too greatly about me. It makes it hard for me to part with you all if there is ever something that occurs like that. Thank you for your help." Mila smiled, rubbing the side of his soft neck.

[We will help you when you are in need. All you have to do is call us when needed. We will be there when you call us in the most desperate time.] He said, landing down onto the soil ground, standing alongside Mila who got off his back.

"There they are!!!"

"Don't let them escape!"

Mila smiled, seeing how the Mireraweth soldiers already caught on quickly when the emperor ordered it so soon. "Well, it seems as though it's already time for us to start." She smiled whistling to get her comrade's attention. "Hey, Blizzard?"

[Hm?] The bat looked down at her with a look of curiosity.

"Why don't you call some of your comrades, making it seem like the beginning. Might as well get some fun out of this" She smiled, looking at Blizzard who lowly growled with satisfaction.

[It's been so long since my kind has been called to this sort of thing. Our life has been so dull that it has been forever since we last had a proper fun moment. Perhaps, a little threat wouldn't hurt. I will do as you say, Mila.] Blizzard screeched loudly with every ear around hearing the other beasts like his own screeching back to his call.

The knights were coming with their beasts that charged forth while the bats that came attacking them were known as Moonlight Bats. They mainly came out on the full moon where their mana was at the highest peak. Hopping onto Blizzard, he flew up but stopped in place once Mila saw who she was facing in the sky. 'Father...' Knowing that she would meet him sooner or later since he was sent personally by the emperor.

"What do they call you?" Duke Reynard used his Fire Dragon to reach the unknown individual not even knowing that it was Mila, his daughter.

Mila made sure that her voice had been changed to sound different. "They call me... Fairy. What do they call you wise man?"

"Reynard Noble."

"Ah, you're the father that Mila speaks so lovingly much about." Mila decided to bring herself up to see his reaction. It became a tense aura making Mila smile to know that her father was upset that she would bring up herself.

"We are not here to talk about my family. We are here to seek your cooperation." He looked at the hidden figure seeing how they knew of his daughter.

"Oh, what's this cooperation about?" Mila felt as though it was a bit hard to act things out when she needed to avoid being found out.

"The Mireraweth kingdom wishes to have you work with them in the war. If you work with us and get rid of the Maedda soldiers then we will be sure to gift you anything you want." Duke Reynard kept his eyes on her.

'I suppose I will have to play it out right.' Keeping that thought in mind, "Hahaha!!!! Do you think I want anything from this disgusting kingdom? I prefer working alone to get what I want. There is nothing in this kingdom that I want. Perhaps... just it's ending. Well, till we meet again, Reynard Noble. Be sure to tell your daughter that I said 'hello'." Mila had Blizzard fly past his dragon rapidly without seeing her with ice forming on her father's dragon which froze his wings. His dragon was dropping down from the heavy ice forming on his wings while Mila flew off. "You can call your comrades to retreat for now. Things have just gotten better for us that is." Mila heard Blizzard calling his comrades back as the moon's light faded away leaving only pitch darkness for no one to see. It was one of the Moonlight Bat's hidden ability to cover the moon's light, only if they were all together within their flock to use such ability.

Mila had rushed home since her father would be rushing to find her. Changing her appearance, she was in her nightgown with her mask off and her purple pearl hairpin on the side of the table next to her bed. Laying in bed, she soon heard the door to her room burst open.

"Mila?!" It was without a doubt her father.

6