Chapter 93
57 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Father? What brings you here so late?" Yawning, which was fake, she rubbed her eyes to act out that she was 'tired'. "Why are you looking so worried right now? Did something happen?" She gave her father a questioning look when she knew clearly why he had such a look on at that moment while going into her bedroom in the middle of the night.

Cotton and Net were woken up looking to see the father who barged into Mila's room.

[Why is he here so late in the middle of the night?] Cotton yawned after she was asleep the entire time that Mila had gone out to start her plan.

[Maybe he is worried about her again.] Net and Cotton snuggled together going back to sleep. [Just let the father and daughter pair be as it is. They will resolve it in the end.] Net said lastly before going ahead to sleep before the sun came up so soon to indicate the next day had come.

"Did you meet someone suspicious before?" Duke Reynard held concerned and worried eyes looking at her. "Someone who you may have met on your journey or even the hunting event that you recently went to." Duke Reynard felt as though Mila would be considered an enemy if the Mireraweth emperor found out that the individual knew his daughter who had been gone for about three years.

"Hmm... there was this one person who saved me in the forest when it was the day of the women's hunt." Mila said, seeing how her father looked more worried. At that moment, Duke Reynard did not know if Mila may have also been a target of being kidnapped.

"Did you by any chance see their face or see them with Princess Addis that time?" Duke had to try and see if there were any hints or clues that Mila could give them with the thought of why his daughter wasn't kidnapped that time. 'Was Mila also a target? What happened in that forest?'

"No, they were on their own and saved me when I was alone with my horse gone." Mila had to make up the story that she knew that her father would listen to her and believe her, regardless of the situation.

"Why didn't you tell anyone?" Duke Reynard asked, seeing how Mila kept it a secret from everyone who she was close to; including him.

"I didn't want my father to worry about me. Father keeps worrying about me so much that I don't want to worry father when he is so busy with the kingdom affairs." Mila hugged Duke Reynard seeing that he was far more worried about her than she expected. "Father works so hard to support us all. Why can't I do my part to help him be a little relieved of stress?" Mila hugged Duke Reynard, rubbing her face against his chest with a warmth that spread within her father to see how much she cared for him.

Duke Reynard couldn't help but sigh only, he did not know what he was going to do once Mila was out of his life forever. He did not know how he would manage in a world without her since he barely managed to live on when his truly beloved wife passed away. "Don't go out for the next few days. We can't let you get into the same trouble again while things are dangerous at this time in society." Duke Reynard wanted to keep Mila locked up for some time since he knew that Mila would still try and go out no matter how hard he tried to stop her.

"Okay, father." Mila nodded, keeping their hug as it was with her father setting her down once she was fully asleep for the night. Duke Reynard stayed a little bit longer in Mila's room, seeing his daughter so peaceful in her sleep with the two little beasts of hers at the foot of her bed.

'What am I going to do without you in my life?' Duke Reynard sat down on the edge of Mila's bed, then he thought that he saw a woman looking at them both with a gentle smile with the moon's light allowing them to see her figure. Rubbing his eyes, looking back to see no one there with the thought that he was just tired from everything that had been coming all at once on him.

***

'Aiken, how are you right now? You're not destroying or killing anyone without reason are you?' Addis thought, feeling as though Aiken must be going crazy since she was labeled as 'kidnapped' during the woman's hunting event. Sitting still in the home that belonged to the woman known as Fairy. "Berry." Appearing out was a Red Claw Panda, the panda was no bigger than half the size of a horse.

[You called?] She walked forth towards Addis, seeing how her master was still in good condition after the Gririth war while she was recuperating from her severe injuries.

"I feel very guilty for all of this to happen. It feels like I started this entire war when I see it as pointless for two kingdoms to fight over for someone like me." Addis blamed herself for the war that was happening at the current moment. Now, she was helping another individual which looked to be like another war. "What is she planning?" She questioned herself seeing how she had been stuck in that house for almost two months.

[Master, do feel as though it is your fault for all of this to happen? Or do you feel that the man who is fighting for you is not putting all of his love to get you back to his side? Are you willing to put any effort at all to be at his side again and be happy or remain as a chess piece?] Berry decided to bring out more questions at a more drastic measure to have her master think more about her future than others for once.

Addis did not think that her closest friend and comrade would ask her such questions, but it did stir up a few questions for her. 'Am I really to be blamed for this? Is it my fault? Am I putting my all into fighting for my love with Aiken?' Addis knew deep down that she did not wish to be a chess piece for anyone or anything but to be by Aiken's side till the end of her life.

***

"Your majesty?! Your majesty?!" Rushing into the tent, Aiken saw the messenger with a letter personally sent to him. "This was personally written by the Mireraweth emperor for you to read." The messenger did not know what the letter read since he was forbidden to read it. Aiken took the letter, opening it he didn't think that they would send such a letter for him.

'We may not be on good terms, but if you help us get rid of this unwanted guest then we will surely give you anything you ask for in return.' - Mireraweth Emperor

'What is this emperor thinking? Trying to get on good terms with me in this situation.' Aiken heard that the Mireraweth emperor had tried to have the unknown guest take their side but refused to help the Mireraweth Kingdom defeat his kingdom.

"Your majesty, if you do, then they will likely give you Princess Addis in return for your help. They shouldn't refuse such a thing since the Mireraweth people despise her anyway." Vere had made a very good point that Aiken was going to keep his guard up if they were to go against him at the end of the whole ordeal.

"I'll have a letter written." Aiken went over to his desk to start the agreement through a letter.

***

[Mila, is this really necessary for your plan?] Cotton complained, having to look exactly like Mila due to a spell that was cast onto her for the plan to work out correctly.

"Don't worry. When I come back then the spell will no longer be there once I return. Just stay here and don't make any trouble in my shoes." Mila had to go out and start the real play once there was an agreement between the Mireraweth and Maedda kingdom.

Leaving, Mila knew that no one would mess with her since her half-sisters were once again punished for leaving her alone in the forest that time at the women's hunting event.

Whistling once she had made it to the town, she had sent both Mireraweth and Maedda a letter to meet at Death's Edge. The cliff was known to be where lives were taken by murder or suicide. "Make sure you know how to play your part." Mila looked down to Addis who was tied up and sitting on the ground near the edge of the cliff. Addis had her hands and feet tied with her mouth covered by a cloth that Mila brought along. 'Sorry, but we need to make sure that you don't speak out of plan.' Mila didn't want all of her work done for nothing. 'I need to make sure that everything goes like how it was planned.'

"Addis!" Hearing that voice, Mila felt more and more confident that her plan would work out just like she had planned it.

'Just like I planned out.' Mila smiled, turning around to see Aiken would be the first one there. "So, you're the special lady's man." Mila snickered, seeing how Aiken's body was emitting a deadly aura towards her to be afraid of him. 'Do you think I will be afraid of you? I've been through something more fearful.' Mila continued to stand with not a single hint of fear emitting off her.

Addis couldn't say anything but squirm trying to get out of the ropes that tied her so well. 'Why are these ropes not burning?!' She thought about trying to burn the ropes since she found that her role in this plan seemed pointless.

'Sorry, Addis. Those ropes are fireproof. I know that you have the element of fire which is quite common in the Gririth Kingdom.' Mila knew already about what element Addis had, so she didn't want things to backfire since it was going so well at that moment. "Hey, all of this war for one woman? It seems merely impossible to believe such a thing like this can happen. I wonder why you would do such a thing when you could just kidnap her and nobody would care besides the status she has." Mila said out with Aiken charging at her for saying such things about Addis.

Both had been at a far distance from one another while a different beast working with Mila guarding Addis against escaping her current spot on the edge of the cliff. The beast started roaring with more of its kind calling out to it.

Mila knew that getting the Urron beast was far better for the day and known to have been the best at battles. They were a large avian bird shape, but they had no eyes, with a top-heavy beak with serrated teeth. Yet, they had a strong sense of smell that they could smell as far as forty thousand feet away.

Mila took out a different sword of hers, striking back since Aiken was not giving her any mercy in this fight. Hearing the clashing of swords, Mila found it strange how Aiken was very good at swordsmanship making her think about how Ambrose managed by himself with Aiken, or perhaps Aiken went on his own to personally kill Ambrose. 'How did Ambrose...' Jumping back she was near her beast comrades seeing many of the soldiers from Mireraweth and Maedda coming along.

Many Urron's were landing at the edge of the cliff with Mila smiling to see that they came so soon to her side. "Oh my, it seems as though you were all planning to go against me." Mila had moved back closer to Addis, holding her sword close to Addis's throat. Addis shook with tears forming in her eyes, looking to Aiken with the fear of actually being killed at that moment. She didn't know what was going on anymore, but she felt as though the woman who was her captor had taken advantage of her and Aiken.

6