Chapter 94
56 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Why are you doing this?!" Aiken angrily held onto his sword knowing that he was too far to reach Addis. 'Damn it! There is no way that I would be able to reach her without that sword reaching her before me.' Feeling nothing but anger that he was in a very vulnerable state with Addis by the enemy's side.

"Hm, maybe it's because life is boring at the moment for me." Mila chuckled, looking to see how Aiken was emitting the same anger towards her that indeed had no effect whatsoever. 'Is he going to keep at it with this aura towards me?' Sighing, the aura was rather weak to her no matter how many others held the same aura to her, it was pointless.

"All of this trouble because of your boredom!" Aiken found it ridiculous coming from an unknown person who was just bored out of their mind to think that it was alright for them to kidnap his woman. "Do you have a use for her?" Wanting to know if they were just trying to be funny. 'Are they trying to mess with me right now?'

"I could have a motive. Now that you mention it." Mila went forth to Addis, smiling and looking down with a second thought. "She could become one of my comrades by brainwashing her." Mila could sense Aiken tensing up from her sudden words. "Tsk, but she would be too stubborn to listen. I need someone more... submissive." Mila looked to her comrades near her. One of the Urron's tossed Addis towards Aiken who caught her with no hesitation if it was a trap.

"Addis!!!" Aiken held onto her with everyone looking back to Mila to see if they were trying to pull off some trick.

"Well, until we meet again. Haha! I hope things will be more interesting from here on out since we may meet again more than once!" Mila swung her hand with icicles forming around the edge of the cliff which was falling apart from the heavy ice forming all around. "Just in case you try to follow me." Hopping onto the leading Urron which roared with the rest following after it. Urrons all flew going towards Mila while she hopped from one to another as they soon separated. Leaving Mila with the hope that she had confused or lost all the soldiers who were chasing after her and her comrades.

"Don't chase her! She will attack again, and we cannot afford to lose anything in case of an ambush." Aiken didn't want to continue the war fearing that Addis could be in danger along with the Mireraweth kingdom still under suspicion of going against them at any time since they were in Mireraweth territory. Aiken's men remained where they stood, following their emperor's words and commands.

A few of the Mireraweth soldiers had chased after the individual instead since they were not going to ignore their true motive to get rid of the outsider in their kingdom.

"The Mireraweth emperor does not know what you want, but he says that you can have whatever you want here. He only wishes that the war between both kingdoms will subside after all this goes over." The Mireraweth emperor had sent one of his messengers to Aiken. Informing Aiken about what he could have since they were a large kingdom that could give whatever they had to him except the kingdom itself.

"Then... will he give me Princess Addis." Aiken looked to the messenger who had no idea why the Maedda emperor would want a princess from the Gririth kingdom.

'Why would he want the princess of Gririth Kingdom when she is nothing more than a hostage here for us along with being a part of the peace treaty.' The messenger did not know how the emperor would feel or react to such an offer or request from the Maedda emperor. "That..."

"You can." Duke Reynard came forth looking to Aiken and then to Addis. Knowing that the Maedda emperor held a deep love for the Princess of Gririth kingdom since he had the same gaze and feeling when he met his first wife. "A deal is a deal. I will personally talk to the emperor about this. For now, just leave this kingdom while my few men follow after that outsider." Duke Reynard knew that it would be better to end things before it got out of hand with the Mireraweth emperor hearing the request. He knew that the Mireraweth emperor would be upset, but Duke Reynard was a man of his words.

"You're a good man. I do not understand why you are working for this emperor." Aiken looked to Duke Reynard with a gaze that held curiosity for this Duke's choice. 'Why do you remain by that filthy emperor's side?'

Duke Reynard walked over to stand side by side and whispered to Aiken, "I have precious people here that's why." Turning around he ordered his men to leave with him to see if they could catch up to the runaway.

Aiken had the ropes all cut off easily with Addis hugging him tightly. "Aiken... is it you?" She felt like it had been too long since she last saw him that time in the Mireraweth palace.

"It's me. It's me. I'm sorry that I couldn't protect you." Aiken hugged Addis, feeling his heart at ease with Addis in his arms to know that she was alive and safe. "What did she do to you for the last few weeks?" He did not know what kind of hell Addis could've been through.

Addis then recalled 'Fairy's' words at that moment. "Do not tell them the truth. All of this would be pointless if you say anything about working together. I only locked you up and kept you well-fed during this entire thing."

Addis looked up to Aiken and hugged him. "Just take me somewhere safe. I don't want to stay here any longer." She hid her face at his neck with Aiken going on carrying her to leave the Mireraweth kingdom.

"Okay, I got it. Vere, take my sword." Aiken placed his sword onto the ground while Vere went over to get it, but he then examined it more closely.

"Your majesty, I think you harmed that individual," Vere said with both Aiken and Addis looking at the sword more closely. They saw a small amount of blood at the edge of the sword.

'Fairy!' Addis thought not wanting to think of how injured she was at this moment.

From the bushes, a slime had then hopped out and onto the sword dissolving the blood that could be used to trace the individual. Slimes were not affected by sharp objects or physical attacks. "Don't let it take the blood!" Aiken said, but it was already too late with no hint of blood left to take or examine for themselves.

The slime had scurried off once it had taken the blood off the sword. [Master would be pleased with what I did!] It thought, hurrying off to escape with the help of a river that it passed before getting the blood. Jumping into the river, the slime had escaped with the rest of its body turning to liquid.

***

Mila groaned, holding her belly knowing that she had been hurt once she thought of Ambrose for a mere second. 'Good thing that I called my little slime buddy for help.' It was a good thing that she had called a slime which was known to dissolve almost any evidence or trace left behind. 'Damn it!' Clenching her jaw tightly, feeling her wound sting from just pressing on it to stop the bleeding. "Send me over there!" Mila had clung onto the Urron, making it fly her to a certain location in the Mireraweth kingdom. She lost most of the Mireraweth soldiers that had been chasing after her for some time before they lost her in the sky.

***

At this current moment...

"Tim, how does it look on your side?" Thelma and Tim were setting up their little clinic in the Mireraweth kingdom.

"My side is fine. All of these herbs are well-prepared and dried out for the most part." Tim turned, looking to the window, and saw a large avian bird with no eyes facing towards him. "Eeekkkk!!!!!" Falling back, he could feel his tailbone stinging to indicate that it could be bruised the next day.

"Tim?" Thelma looked to see that her husband had been frightened for some reason. Turning to look at where he was looking, she noticed the young figure at the window behind the Urron. "Mila!!!" Thelma saw Mila bleeding with the help of the Urron setting her down into the little clinic that hadn't even opened yet. "What happened?!" Rushing over, Thelma started to get her things ready and examine how bad the injury was.

"Thank you. Go hide now." Mila had the group of Urrons leave her to hide while Thelma rushed to bandage up the wound on Mila. "It's fine. I was just getting rid of some bad people along the way." Mila sighed, laying down on the bed with her secret disguise already fading off.

"You idiot! You shouldn't be playing the hero here! You are still young, and we do not want any more scars on you!" Tim had finally snapped out of his little moment and lectured Mila soon after who was already annoyed, but she knew that they were the only ones she could trust with her injuries.

"Ahhh, the spell is already over with Cotton." Mila knew that her home must be in an uproar now that she would not be there when her father or brother returned home.

"What spell?" Thelma questioned, feeling as though things were going to get more unsteady at this point.

***

"Where's Mila?!" Duke Reynard had rushed home once he heard that Mila had gone missing from her room when he ordered everyone to make sure that she did not leave or go anywhere. He had heard that Mila disappeared from the room with only Cotton and Net there.

[Where's Mila?!] Cotton yelled, seeing that the spell's effect wore off even though Mila was supposed to be there when it ended.

[She was supposed to be here! We don't know where she went though!] Net then said, feeling himself sweat with concern for their dear friend.

"How come no one saw her or kept an eye on her?!" Duke Reynard wanted to so badly kill every servant and maid for not seeing Mila leave or keeping an eye on her. Duke Reynard had unsheathed his sword with each servant and maid fearing for their lives.

"Ahem! If your anger eases down by taking their lives then can you come with me after it's done? I can wait." Tim appeared there looking to Duke Reynard who was not in the right mind to communicate unless it was related to Mila.

"What do you want?!" Duke Reynard angrily looked to Tim to see if he wanted to be the first to die.

"Your daughter is fine. She is at my clinic. Do you wish to come to pick her up or not yet?" Tim didn't know if Duke Reynard was going to come with him or not.

"Take me to my daughter!" Duke Reynard held onto Tim's shoulder looking desperate with his sword being put back into its sheath. Being led to a clinic in a hurry, Duke Reynard saw Mila sound asleep on the clinic bed. "What happened to her?!" Duke Reynard grabbed onto the collar of Tim's shirt who held no fear since he expected this type of thing to happen.

"Tim!" Thelma held onto Duke Reynard's wrist to release her husband.

"Honey, I'll be okay." Tim ensured Thelma that he would be fine with the confidence that he won't die. Thelma slowly backed up, keeping by Tim's side. "She says that she was getting rid of some bad people on the streets of Mireraweth Kingdom. She was already injured when she got here." Tim hoped that Duke Reynard would not be unreasonable to kill him there. "I recommend or suggest letting her rest here for a few days to avoid the wound from opening up. Traveling so soon could leave a scar or just worsen the wound as it is." Tim was only being considerate since Mila was still his young lady.

"Who were the bastards that did this?!" Duke Reynard angrily saw Mila asleep with her mask and cloak set aside with her hairpin on the little table next to the bed.

5