Chapter 95
55 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"We're not sure, but she just arrived here in this condition with the wound open. We were able to fix it up since it was nothing too serious." Tim knew about the rumors of Duke Reynard cherishing his youngest daughter the most in the Mireraweth kingdom. 'What kind of father would not love his daughter that they have personally raised since birth.' Tim respected Duke Reynard for being there for Mila when she had no mother by her side with most of her half-siblings turning their backs against her. 'I wonder why Mila had to go through all of this hardship once she came back home.' Tim felt as though Mila always had something awaiting her back at home which was nothing more than trouble for her.

They knew deep down that Duke Reynard would want to kill whoever had harmed Mila to be in that condition. They assumed that he would even harm anyone who took even a piece of hair from her. "She needs to rest for now. She will have a fever soon, so I'll stay wi-" Thelma was going to stay by her young lady's side when Duke Reynard went over to Mila's side instead.

"No need. I'll do it. She's my child and I have to take care of her. It's been too long since I've last had such a moment with my youngest daughter." Duke Reynard knew that it had been too long, feeling as though they were straying apart from one another. 'Why must you always go through such pain and danger in this way?' Duke Reynard felt rather weak that he couldn't even protect her when she needed him most. 'You are still so young and barely reached your teenage years. You are still a child and my little princess.' Duke Reynard did not know how things would turn out after he left to meet with the Mireraweth emperor to talk about the recent agreement.

Tim and Thelma left the father and daughter alone while they attended to their little clinic for the time being with little patches and cleaning. 'Poor Mila.' Thelma felt pity for Mila who always endured and went through pain for a good reason. 'She always does something that ends up harming her. It's always for the people more than herself. As if a spell that works, but backfires at the last second.' Thelma went along to focus back on her little clinic with Tim who still worried more about the clinic than Mila at the moment.

"Mila, why do you always end up in some sort of mess like this when I'm gone. It's like you were bound to bad luck in the Mireraweth kingdom." Duke Reynard didn't understand why Mila got hurt so much when she came back alive in the end or barely alive, specifically the Mireraweth Kingdom.

***

[Mila! Why did you do that?!] Mila found herself again in her unconscious mind with her two beasts yelling out to her. Lecturing her to stop all the nonsense and plans that she makes up so brilliantly with a low chance of failure. Vivian was still stuck with Buck at her secret home which left the little nine-tail fox and Griffin with her. Kate and Skye were angry at her since the plan barely turned out as it was supposed to. 'I can see why so many people worry about this young lady with just a mere glance, and you know something's up.'

[That's right! Mama, you should be thinking about us for help! We can't be the only ones that stand idle now! You have us for a reason! It's as if you are just playing with us!] Kate was upset, knowing that they were being ignored throughout the entire plan of hers. Being excluded as if they did not even belong to Mila's group or are a part of her contract.

"You both are not being ignored. I simply do not want to give my identity away so easily. Things will get out of hand mostly when some people know that you both are my beast-like Aiken already knows about you all." Mila wasn't sure if Aiken knew, but she wanted to still keep her beasts hidden away since the chances were still high that he knew them. 'I cannot let others know that it is me who is considered the kidnapper. It'll be safer until then things need to be kept in a low profile.'

[I can understand that, but why would you think of such a dangerous plan?!] Skye was still quite mad and upset, not wanting to let Mila off the hook this time. [Do you know how worried we both were once that sword had been inflicted onto your little body!] Skye kept trying to keep in all her anger that was slowly pouring out.

"I can't let them think that it was from another kingdom. They should think it's an unknown group since the Urrons and Moonlight Bats are the rarest beasts out there with no contracts formed at all. It's also safer that way." Mila laid down on the patch of grass that was formed in her unconscious mind by her doing.

[You are a piece of work. You know that, right?] Skye mumbled, laying down near Mila on the patch of grass. Kate laid onto Mila's belly to sleeping on, without a care if it hurt or not.

Mila soon woke up, seeing her father holding her hand while sleeping on the edge of the bed. The sun had not even come out yet which meant that it could be midnight. 'Father...' Mila smiled, seeing that he was informed about her injury and whereabouts. Trying to get up, she groaned, feeling her wound which was still freshly stitched up. Trying to get up, she had woken up her father in the process of doing so.

"Mila?!" Duke Reynard had a sigh of relief to see that she was awake. "Lay down. We don't want your wound to open up." He could see her face more clearly with her scar remaining on her left side of the face. 'My poor daughter.' Rubbing her head, he could see her smile was meant for him to know that she was fine.

"Why is father here?" She smiled, seeing how he probably wanted to lecture and yell at her for doing something "stupid" without any guards by her side.

"Why wouldn't a father want to see his beloved child?" He replied with Mila knowing that he was keeping his anger in.

"Thank you, father. I thought you were busy though." Mila held his hand tightly seeing that he had stayed at the clinic to take care of her throughout the night. 'Hm, this makes me recall the time when I was an infant, and he took care of me.' Mila couldn't help but think about the time when she was saved from her mother and then taken care of for a whole night due to her fever.

"I will always have time for you." Duke Reynard went forth kissing her head. "Rest for now. We'll talk more in the morning."

Mila nodded, going ahead to sleep with her father staying by her side the entire time.

***

Duke Reynard left the room that Mila was sleeping in. "Your grace, no one saw anything happen in the Mireraweth kingdom where the lady could have been. There was nothing they found about the young lady being harmed." Duke Reynard had people try to find out what had happened but to no avail.

"There has to be something that must've happened that time!" Duke Reynard sighed, holding his head to ease up the headache that he had.

"Father?!" Leo rushed with Luce by his side once they heard the news about Mila.

"We heard what happened! Is she alright?" Luce worriedly didn't know what happened, but Mila was like a little sister to her.

"She's fine now. She needs to rest." Duke Reynard was glad that Leo returned from the battlefield which ended if it weren't for the unknown individual who forced the two kingdoms to work together.

"I'll let you both talk. I'm going to see Mila." Luce went inside the room to see Mila resting with a bowl of water and towel on the tableside. Going ahead to use the towel, she could see that Mila still had a bit of a fever going on in her sleep. Both men leaving the women as they are, they had to discuss a few things with one another.

"Father, did you find out what happened while I was gone?" Leo was confused with how Mila was harmed while he was gone for such a short amount of time. He had wanted to return sooner, but there were some delays in the travel back.

"No one knows what happened during the entire time that hadn't been given to investigate Mila. There was nothing that they could find among the Mireraweth kingdom." Duke Reynard was disappointed that they found nothing. They couldn't find the men who Mila had likely fought with during that time. There were no witnesses or citizens around to see it.

"When I find them, then I won't let them off!" Leo punched the stone wall of the clinic since he had seen Mila fight before, but not against more than one person.

"My wall!!!!" Tim yelled, seeing that the clinic was already getting damaged. "If you want to vent your anger on something then go to the training grounds." Tim sadly said, holding his head in annoyance with how things were turning out for his clinic. "To think that my clinic would be getting damaged on the day that it might open."

Thelma couldn't help, but smile to see how cute her husband was with concerns for the clinic that would have needed more work done on it. 'He still has a long way to go before accepting it.' Tim had noticed Thelma staring and giggling at his childish attitude towards everyone.

"Does a little wife of mine need to be punished for laughing at my misery?" Tim said, catching Thelma's attention while she was busy laughing at his childish attitude.

"If he wishes to have wounds, then it's a give and takes in the end." Thelma wasn't going to be punished for something little, so she hurried off to avoid it. Although, she knew that she could easily fight back with Tim and win in the end.

"Hey! Come back here!" Tim rushed after Thelma who left the clinic to get more herbs at the market.

Leo and Duke Reynard sighed, seeing how both were acting childish. Duke Reynard then thought about why Leo and Luce were not acting that way. 'Why aren't they both like that? They are still young, and I recall doing the same with Leo's mother.' Duke Reynard looked to Leo who had no idea what his father was thinking about. 'No matter. They'll both be childish when they want to.' Duke Reynard then ignored the thought, focusing back on Mila.

***

'Fairy, are you okay?' Addis sighed, feeling at fault for such things to happen to the unknown person who saved her and the kingdoms from the ongoing war. 'If only I had been more reliable on my own than to depend on someone else.' Sitting down on the bed, she looked out of the window to see how lovely it was at the moment.

"Are you feeling okay?" Aiken went into the room where Addis was currently staying in the Maedda kingdom. He sat down next to her on the bed, seeing how her face was showing concern for something or someone. Aiken had to continuously keep his mask on to avoid killing Addis since it was his kingdom's curse.

Addis all of a sudden, started crying feeling too much guilt holding in all the secrets. "Aiken, I have something to confess." Addis held him when making Aiken worried about what she was going to tell him.

6