Chapter 101
65 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Are you talking about the Mireraweth emperor?" ZH looked down to see Mila nod her head in response. "I won't let him take you. There's no reason for him to take you for himself." ZH wrapped his arm around Mila, not wanting to think about her being part of the Mireraweth emperor's harem. Although, he knew deep down that the Mireraweth emperor would not take advantage of Mila since she belonged to another kingdom. He had his ways to find out if she was still a maiden or not. 'I won't let such filth touch you.' ZH did not want to imagine Mila tied and locked up by the Mireraweth emperor.

"I'm worried that he will try to use me. By now, he probably has both of my half-sisters as his concubines in his harem." Mila did not feel a slight bit sad for them since she could recall a few things in her past life with them like any other.

"Do you wish to save them?" ZH didn't know if Mila cared for them or not but for sure he knew that they did not have any good terms together.

"..." Mila sighed since she already knew her answer from the very beginning. "I do not wish to save them. They should learn to get out by themselves than to depend on others to save them." Thinking back about it, she could recall Vita asking her past ex-husband to help her to avoid marriage a bit longer. Giving Vita the chance to get close to her led to her death. "Also, they have despised me since birth, and never had they ever treated me like their sister. If we had built a sibling bond like me and Leo, then things would've been different." Mila was only speaking her mind since it was the truth.

"I didn't think that you would leave them like that, but..."

Mila looked up to him, not sure if ZH felt pity for her half-sisters. "If you want to save them, then you can. I won't stop you." Not giving a care if he went ahead and did so. 'If you do, then I would give up on you then to keep on lingering feelings for you.' Thinking it through, she had no intentions of keeping a one-sided love if it was never meant to be.

"Are you jealous?" ZH was teasing her, but Mila scoffed at getting out of his arms. ZH went back towards Mila, wrapping both of his arms around her once more. "You didn't let me finish, but I don't care. Anyone who messes with you means that they are messing with me." He already knew what both of Mila's sisters had done to her, but he did not know about her past life with them.

Mila couldn't help, but smile to know that he cared about her more than she thought. 'Either this man loves me or he just knows how to sweet talk me.' Both just sat there watching the rainfall.

They didn't even recognize the four people that we’re watching them.

***

"Such a cute and young couple." Sara giggled, seeing how compatible Mila and ZH were. 'I hope that they can truly be together in the future.'

"I agree. She will marry a fine man in the future." Thelma smiled, looking at Mila and ZH out on the porch. 'They truly seem like a match made for one another.'

'Imagine how angry her father would be.' Both Emmett and Tim thought at the same time, knowing that Duke Reynard would never let ZH off the hook for hugging Mila that way.

"They better be sure to settle down and have her father's blessing. It would be a huge mess if they both just eloped." Tim pointed out, looking at the young couple who were outside.

"Wait until you have your first kid. I and Sara are gladly waiting for our little bundle to come soon." Emmett hugged Sara, kissing her head.

"You both should be planning for a baby soon." Sara smiled, looking at Thelma who blushed looking away. "After all, no one stays young forever." Sara meant to direct that more towards Tim who was already in his thirties when he did not look the age.

"Well, that's if he wants any," Thelma said, making Tim look at her. "I'll be going off to bed first!" She rushed to the room, but Tim followed after her since he never knew if Thelma wanted kids or not. He figured it was about time they spoke to each other about it more clearly.

***

"Aiken, you look bothered by something?" Addis got up from sitting on the couch in their room once she saw Aiken enter the room. "Did something happen?" Addis didn't know why Aiken seemed so off.

"There was this young lady who I knew maybe two or three years ago. That man who I took in with that couple. Those were her family, and now she is likely in danger. I feel as though I am at fault for all of this happening." Aiken still wore his mask, looking down in disappointment. 'All of this happened for me to be happy, but it did break up a family as well. A give and take.'

"None of this was your fault. Things just took a turn by themselves. Don't feel guilty." Addis never thought that she would ever see Aiken look so sad and feel such emotions for breaking up a family. Holding his hands, she smiled looking up at him. "I feel like fate would've pulled us together one way or another." She smiled, feeling Aiken hold her hand.

"You are already my empress. The people know of your past, but they know that there was no choice for you. They know you're an amazing person by heart. I love you." Aiken said with Addis already knowing that he loved her.

"I love you too." She smiled with Aiken hugging her. "Do you want something? You seem like there's something else that you want."

"There is true."

"Ah!" Addis was caught by surprise being at the same time blindfolded. "Aiken?!" She felt carried and tossed onto their bed.

"Don't remove it. My mask is already off." Aiken smiled with his mask off. The only way to avoid the death of his dear empress was to blindfold her eyes from seeing his face.

"Idiot, you didn't give me time to prepare myself," Addis said, making sure that her eyes remained concealed. Stretching her hand forth, she could feel his face which had her recall the time when they were both kids. The first time that they met, he had blindfolded her, allowing her to feel his face which would always make her curious to know what he looked like. Since he did not have rough or dry skin, it was softer like a phase known as 'a beauty in disguise'.

"Addis, what do you think I look like under this mask?" Aiken decided to bring up the question since no one has ever seen his face before, not even Addis.

"Hmm..." Thinking about it, she continued to feel his face which she started to imagine how he would look if she were to be blind and sculpt his features. "I think..."

Aiken was a little worried about how she would think of him, he did not know anything about his looks or how one would describe it. "I think that you are handsome."

"What if you meet another handsome person?" Aiken knew that he could easily be replaced if Addis were to meet another handsome fellow.

"Idiot, you are my handsome husband. Besides, they cannot compare to you since you've proven yourself to be more than they would ever do." Addis could sense that he was afraid of losing her when she knew who she was going to spend the rest of her life with.

"Don't ever go back on your words!" Aiken went ahead with where they left off while the night grew long for the couple.

***

"That old man is disgusting!" Vita hated how he slept with her mainly which was irritating her to know that the old emperor was a nasty man. Elsie had been separated into another room away from Vita due to certain issues.

"Yet, you sleep with another man." Pulling the bed curtains aside, it was the emperor's sorcerer who had locked her mana away. His common black eyes and dirty blonde hair. Hiding away his looks under his cloak as a sorcerer, he had a very handsome face that no woman would ever be able to turn him down.

"You're the one who locked my mana away." Vita angrily hated him since he took her precious elements away. She could only speak to her beast, but she couldn't do anything else.

"Oh, but you were just calling out earlier that you loved it and wanted more." The sorcerer went over to Vita kissing her exposed shoulders, changing the topic to bring up her mana.

"You're lucky to be handsome. If you weren't, then you wouldn't be with me right now." Vita looked away, knowing that the sorcerer was far better than the emperor.

"Then, you're willing to work with me to get what I want." The sorcerer set Vita onto his lap looking at her.

"If you're willing to do what I ask, then I'll help you. A deal for a deal." Vita said, looking at him.

"What's your deal?"

"Kill my father, my first brother, and my youngest sister. Make sure that she suffers the most out of the rest of them." Vita held only more hatred towards Mila who had gotten away not being treated like her and Elsie.

"Very well. My deal will have to wait until then. For now, let's continue." The sorcerer pinned Vita back onto the bed enjoying themselves behind the emperor's back.

***

-Short memory of the past-

"Please! Please! You cannot let me be wedded to that man! I cannot be used this way!" Vita begged Mia's husband of the past, Mila was hiding away and heard the entire conversation between her older half-sister and her husband.

"Vita, you do know that I do not have the best connections, nor do I have any real power in all of this. I am also your younger sister's husband. The man who you will marry will be a great benefit for you and your family."

"Do you not want to recall the time when we were together???" Vita had gone up to him, wrapping her arms around him as he froze. Not even taking the first move to push her away, Mila witnessed them and heard them.

"Vita, what we did that time was due to a drunken night. There is nothing between us."

"So, you are seeing me as a toy! Do you know what I had to do a few weeks after that day?!" Vita was angry and looked at him. "I had taken an abortion medicine to avoid having the child! Just to keep your image and my own!"

Hearing those words, Mila did not think that her older half-sister had slept with her husband when they had not even done so themselves. 'T-Those two!!!' There was nothing, but silence for a long time until Mila's husband huffed out a breath.

"Fine, I will help you. The only thing is that we cannot let Mila know about this."

"I know that. Besides, she is a clueless person." Vita smiled, inside had a deeper smile that meant that her plan was working out well for herself.

Mila could not believe that they were both going to do things behind her back, she had no one by her side. For sure, she thought that her husband would help her and be with her forever. Yet, it was only her foolish one-sided love that made her blind. Vita had stayed in Mila's home with the words said that she dearly misses her younger sister and wishes to see her more before she is wedded.

Vita was supposed to stay for a week, but within three days she saw her husband and Vita having an affair which had her at the last straw. She was about to go ahead and rush to leave and file a divorce, but they had murdered her before she could even do anything. Leaving her soul to wander and watch Vita with her husband, creating their own family when Mila so desperately never had her own. Mila's strong hatred for Vita ran deep, with the thought that any woman would seduce a man just to have their happiness. 'I will never marry that same man nor would I kiss at my sister's feet. I will not be that quiet and weak being anymore.'

-End of short memory-

6