Chapter 102
64 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mila didn't even recognize when she had fallen asleep, but she found herself in bed. Cotton, Net, and Kate all likely left to eat breakfast with the rest. Mila smiled, seeing that no more rain would allow them to start their travel later on.

Getting dressed, Mila stepped out of her room to see the food all prepared. "Let's all eat before we start our trip." Sara smiled, looking at them gathering all around the table to sit.

ZH sat beside Mila as both smiled, looking at one another. Cotton, Net, and Kate were eating on the side with their little plates set aside for them. Finishing up soon after, they had the horses saddled up with their bags and food. Kate was summoned back inside to wait while Cotton hung onto Emmett and Sara. Net went along with Tim and Thelma on their mount.

"Let's go!" Mila wanted to hurry along and see her father and brother once they reached Maedda’s kingdom. 'I hope that they are both doing well. Don't be giving Aiken any trouble while you both are guests there.' Thinking that both would be very dramatic if she were not found or seen there.

"There aren't enough horses." Emmett then mentioned an additional person joining them on their trip. "We have only three horses." Sara was riding a horse with Emmett while Thelma rode with Tim.

"Wasn't there another horse though???" Mila looked at them since she recalled a horse appearing that time when she fainted.

"It's fine. I'll just ride with Mila." ZH didn't hesitate to hop onto Vivian who didn't seem to mind but still wondered about the other horse.

'Wasn't there another horse???' Still thinking about it, Mila did not see the look on everyone's face that ZH was not willing, to tell the truth to her.

'She does not know.' Everyone thought in their head, seeing how Mila was clueless about the whole situation. Yet, they could not blame her since she fainted with a weak appearance at that time.

[You bastard!!!! Don't hurt my mare!!!!] Buck was carrying Thelma and Tim on his back. He was angrily grunting and stomping his hoof at ZH for adding more weight for Vivian.

[Hey, be nice.] Vivian argued back to him, seeing how he thought of her as too fragile. [This is one of our duties as a horse, so do not be rude since they are our masters.]

"Let's go now!" Mila had gone forth with the others following after her. They needed to keep a steady pace, but they needed to avoid harming Sara who was still pregnant. 'We need to be able to go steady if we want to avoid Sara from having a miscarriage. After all, one's first child was very special.' Thinking about it, she felt as though her first child would also be very treasured by her.

***

Leo woke up holding Luce in his arms, he smiled being glad that he still had her by his side. 'Never did I ever think that I would ever get married and have a woman by my side even though I've lost my title.' Knowing that Mila would want him to think about his wife since they married for a good reason.

Luce could sense that Leo was awake when she knew something was on his mind at the moment. "What's wrong?" She let out a steady breath and kept her eyes still tired from finally settling down in the Maedda kingdom.

"Why do you accept me? I've already lost my title, my fame, and my fortune. It's a burden on you. You could've been with a much more powerful man who can truly take care of you." Leo said, looking down to Luce who opened up her eyes, looking up to him.

"I didn't marry you for any of those reasons. I married you because you were you. You're my savior. I knew that I was going to be with you for the rest of my life once I met you that day on the market streets." She said, getting up a bit, kissing his cheek, then laying back down onto his chest to hear his heart beating.

'How did I end up marrying such a kind and loving woman.' Leo thought, feeling happy that he had met her that day on the market streets. 'Mila was truly right to tell me that only my special someone would one day call me for help.'

***

Duke Reynard had woken up looking down to the Maedda kingdom to see how the Maedda emperor cared more for his people than the Mireraweth emperor. 'This emperor is young, but he knows how to keep the people at ease. If the last Mireraweth Crown Prince was still alive, then we would not be in this situation.' Thinking about how things would have been different if he had helped the last Crown Prince.

"What got you up so early?" Aiken showed up, looking at Duke Reynard who was calmly looking at him. 'Does he usually wake up this early? He was a duke before, so it could be possible. Although, I do not ever get my men to wake up so early for a meeting.' Wondering how the Mireraweth did things in his kingdom, he felt as though it made him look more ridiculous.

"Your kingdom is far more prosperous than Mireraweth. If only the true prince had lived that day, then things may have never occurred as they are right now." Duke Reynard said, looking down to the busy market streets.

"True prince?" Aiken had never heard of such a thing before. 'Why have I never heard about such a title before.'

"The Mireraweth emperor now had an older brother who was meant to be the true emperor of the Mireraweth Kingdom. He was far more fair, wise, and clever. He knew his way of understanding the people and did not care for such a harem since he already had someone else in his heart. It's a shame that he didn't live long enough to take the throne." Duke Reynard sighed, rubbing his head to see how things had taken a turn.

"What happened to him?" Aiken was curious as to how the true prince had died, it would be hard to hear the story if he ever wanted to hear the truth one day.

"He was killed by his younger brother."

Aiken was shocked to hear about such news from Duke Reynard. Duke Reynard knew that Aiken would be shocked to hear about it since it had been hidden away from the younger generations about the whole story. Only the older generations had known about the story of the fight for the Mireraweth throne which lasted much longer than one would expect.

"What happened?" Aiken wanted to know more about it, finding out about it now could be helpful if the Mireraweth Kingdom used the same dirty methods against them.

"His younger brother wanted the throne with the help of the corrupted high-status men, and so he made a deal with every single one of them. He even tried to get me on his side, but I took the true prince's side to protect my beloved wife at that time. Once the true prince died, I became the emperor's Duke to protect her. Then, she passed away leaving our son in my care." Duke Reynard remembered the time that he lost his dear wife, he couldn't recall how she passed away. It felt like there was nothing, but a blur in the whole scenario when she passed away.

"I'm sorry for that. You must've loved her." Aiken never knew that Duke Reynard would be such a loyal man to one woman like him. Yet, he knew that he had many women with who he married and had children. After hearing Duke Reynard's story, he felt as though he had no choice, but to marry all those women who could have been appointed by the Mireraweth emperor.

"She is the woman that I would truly give my whole heart to. That whole time, it was hard to live without her. The woman who I married would never be able to fill that emptiness in my heart. It was until Mila came along in my life and I believe that my wife sent her to me." Duke Reynard truly loved both of his children who kept him company and his life more lively than it was before.

"I've heard the story about Mila's mother. I won't say much, but I found it quite a shock to think that a mother would do that to their child." Aiken found it harsh that a mother would just use their child when they were supposed to love them. 'No mother should think that their child is some tool to use. Every child deserves to experience joy in their life with love along with the way from family as well.' Aiken knew that it would be hard for a child to have no parents who held no love for them. He was glad that Mila had her father and older brother who cherished her as her real blood family. 'If Mila had no familial love, then how would she be at this moment? Would be like she is now?' Aiken felt as though Mila would be a different person if she was distant from her father and her older brother who truly showed nothing, but love and care for her.

"That woman is no longer alive. I've had her executed after what she had done and Mila would have been the misfortune of Mireraweth kingdom if she died as an infant. Even though I despise the Mireraweth emperor, the people were the ones that I worried most for since they do not deserve such punishment for something that they did not do." Duke Reynard couldn't care less about the nobles being punished, but many all together were punished at once which he felt as though the curse wasn't being fair. "Mila truly was a miracle to me." Duke Reynard decided to settle his mind with the thought of Mila being safe and out of harm's way.

Aiken could see how much a father loved her daughter with a calm face. 'I hope that Mila comes soon to meet you.' Aiken could only wait with Duke Reynard as they watched the people below. Being busily busy in his kingdom, he loved that his people were all happy with no sign of worry anymore since the war was over.

***

Mila and ZH rode their horse down to a river way resting for that time. Sitting down near the water, Mila had been feeling as though someone had been watching them from afar and following them for some time.

"Are you okay?" ZH could easily tell that she was bothered by something. Mila was sitting at the edge of the river, she felt ZH place his hand onto her shoulder to see if she was okay.

Mila held onto his hand and had him sit down beside her. "Something's not right." Mila couldn't hear any birds or animals making any noise since it would indicate that no one was around, but them. It made her skin crawl with the suspicion that there was something wrong.

ZH then listened and recognized also what Mila was saying. "This is going to be too dangerous. We need to have the group separated."

Mila looked at Emmett and Tim sending a small hand signal to them both. They noticed immediately and Mila wanted Sara to be the first out of harm's way when she was carrying an unborn child. "Let's go." Mila and ZH had gotten onto Vivian with their entire group separating all at once.

Mila figured that they were after her the most. ZH hated how they were after Mila since she was the main target at Mireraweth kingdom.

"Don't let the woman escape!"

Hearing from afar, Mila was very accurate that they were targeting her out of everyone else in her group.

8