Lock 4 Libulan and Sidapa
35 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Next morning, Saturday, I'm here waiting in front of their house, and the next thing I know is that I'm on his bed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

... ugh...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Just kidding, we aren't like that, you dirty green-minded people. I'm just here sitting on his bed, waiting for him. I think he just finished taking a shower because there still some droplets on his hair, and he is literally putting his shirt on in front of me. He has a nice body. That must be one of the reasons why a lot of people are going crazy over him? FYI, I'm not drooling. It's just that I can see him in my peripheral vision, and as much as I can, I am looking away because I don't want to create an awkward atmosphere here. Why do I even need to explain myself to you? Nevermind.

 

"Do you have any topic in your mind that you would like us to research?" me starting a conversation.

 

"If none, there's an interesting story about Li-"

 

"Do anything you want. I'll let you have that topic, whatever it is." He said, not even letting me finish what I am saying.

 

All I just want to say is that there's a beautiful story between Libulan and Sidapa that really gets me hyped up. The story goes on like this:

 

"Sidapa, the God of Death, lives alone in the mountain of Madjaas, where he could see the seven moon deities. Each of them represents a phase of the moon. Many have fallen in love with their beauty, and to name a few were Bakunawa, the sea dragon, and not even the God of Death could resist. Sidapa would ask the birds and mermaids to sing his praise to the moons. He commanded the flowers to make sweet perfumes that reached the skies. He asked the fireflies to light a path in the sky so the moons could find their way to him.

 

One day, Libulan, the only male deity of the moon, came down following the path created by the fireflies to meet Sidapa, who spoils him with love and gifts. As their love flourish, Bakunawa becomes envious, and out of jealousy, he surfaced from the sea and ate the moons. Luckily, Sidapa notices the attack and rescues Libulan from its madness. And as told in legend, the two of them settled in Mt. Madjaas as husbands."

 

I really like this story. It tells us that even in the times of our ancestors, people like me exist. Homosexuality is not new to them nor an act of immorality, but it is accepted. It is disappointing to think that we've come a long way to be civilized and be with the flow of this ever-changing world. Yet, we forgot where we came from and where is our identity is rooted. I am sad that we in modern times do not acknowledge but merely tolerated this kind of love. It may be different from the love you knew because you were told that love only exists between a boy and a girl. But for me, the love I know knows no gender.

 

That's one of the factors I liked in this story, but to be honest, deep down somewhere in my heart, I am also hoping and wanting that there will be someone who will be my Sidapa. I do not wish someone as godly but the one who will appreciate and love me unconditionally.

 

"Hays." I sighed out of hopelessness.

 

I'm only the only one working on our assignment, and that's to be expected, and I must not complain because I'm just a loser here. I stopped from what I am doing, looked at this guy comfortably and soundly sleeping. I moved closer to him, and not knowingly, I am gazing at his beautiful face. He got long eyelashes, the nose is pointy, the lips are pinkish, and the totality of his face seems perfect.

 

 

My heart is beating fast, and I'm still looking at him."Will you be my Sidapa?" I utter unconsciously, and the next thing I know is that our eyes met, he was awake, and my heart stopped beating...

1