Lock 5: Cafe Blanca
19 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

OMG! What was that... it's so embarrassing. I pulled myself together.

 

"I'll be the one to finish it all. There's no need for me to come over here again. Bye," I said in a fast manner, not even looking at him.

 

I left his place right after saying those words.

 

I waved at a taxi and told the driver to send me to Café Blanca, a coffee shop near the neighborhood. This is the usual place I would go whenever I feel burdened and wanted to be at ease.

 

"Good evening. Welcome to Café Blanca! Would it be the usual?" Danver asked. He's in his 20's and probably a working student, I guess.

"Yes, please," I answered him in my timid voice and went straight to my favorite spot in the corner.

 It's kind of dark because there's little light reaching here, which I like. Only a few people walk around this area, and most of all, I'm beside the window where I can watch cars passing by.

"Are you free? Can you come over?" I asked Ley in the message I sent to him.

 

He is not replying. Maybe they are still doing their research in Charm's house. It feels weird that I think someone is staring at me, so I look around, but there's nothing, who seems familiar with me, or maybe it's just my imagination... I only see Danver walking towards my place.

 

"Here's your blueberry cheesecake," Danver placing the cake in front of me, "and jasmine tea as always." He said and left.

 

"Thank you," I said gently, but I didn't think that he heard it.

 

I look around again, but there's really nothing. I disregard whatever it is and let myself be indulged with the delicious food right in front of me. After several minutes, I look out the window to see the cars passing by. But to my surprise, I saw Ley running. When he reached the café's door, he stopped for a while to catch up his breath and to fix his clothes as nothing happened before entering the place. This guy is a catch, and whoever will be his girlfriend, she'll be lucky to have Ley as her boyfriend. Ley looks around to find me, and he waves his hands as soon as he sees me.

 

He greets me with "what's up?" and sits right in front of me and, then, continues to ask me, "what's the matter? Why did you text?"

"None," I said, and I know he wouldn't believe it, but I really need some company right now. He went to the counter to order. And I'm here still thinking, why did I do that thing...why would I stare at Shane for a very long time, and why is my heart beating so fast just picturing his face on my mind. I hate it... I do not understand myself.

 

Ley is back with his chocolate cake and dark chocolate drink.

 

"Would you mind helping me in the research?" Ley asked, "I kind of need assistance, hehe." It should be fine, so I can finish our research too.

 

"Okay, but I'm not yet done with our research. I'll finish mine, first, then, I'll help you out with yours." I replied.

 

"Then, it's a deal," he said in excitement.

 

It's almost 9 in the evening when we finished all the food we ordered. We stack up the plates we used and clean a little bit before leaving. It's a kind gesture or a manner that my Mom taught me when I was a kid.

 

Ley and I were walking to their house. As I've said, Café Blanca is just around our neighborhood. It's just a 10minute walk from the cafe to their home, which is just beside ours. My parents and his parents became friends too. Ley is not new to my parents, and so do I to his parents, so sometimes we hang out in his room or sometimes in my room.

 

"Good Evening Tita Teresa," I said, greeting the person who's reading a magazine in the living room. Ley went straight to his room.

"Oh Ziggy, I haven't seen you in a while," she said.

"I'm sorry, Tita, busy on school and some stuff, but if I have some of my spare time, I'll come over," I replied.

"Have you eaten dinner?" she asked.

"Yes, Tita," I said with a smile.

"It's late already. Aren't Dreil looking for you?" she asked again.

"I'll help Ley in his research, and maybe after that, I'll go home. If ever Mom calls you, please tell her that I am in with Ley doing school work. Thank you," after saying that, I hurriedly went to Ley's room.

 

I'm still amazed at this guy. How did I become his friend? Gosh, if you would compare his room to my room, it's the very opposite. His things are organized, neat, and I'm so embarrassed because my room is dirty as hell, laundries are on the floor, my books and pens are everywhere, think of a mess, and that will be my room. Oh my gosh, I cannot talk about it anymore. Anyway, he's at his study table, and I'm on the floor because I feel more comfortable here. I'm almost done with my papers.

 

"Ley," I called him.

 

"Hmmm?" he responded. I yawned. I feel sleepy, "wake me up if you need any help. I'll just take a short nap." And I close my eyes...

 

 

Do you have any insights or anything you'd like to say for the first 5 chapters?

0