Lock 9: Bento and Poem
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My phone was snatched, and I have told my parents about it. They told me that they are buying me a new one but refused to do so as I still have an extra one in my room, it was my old phone before I had the one that was stolen in the jeepney.

I am lying on my bed, thinking how will be the execution of my plan.

 

"I must pull this off," talking to myself. While too much thinking, and was tired and fell asleep.

 

The next thing I knew was I am being awakened by the noise of the alarm that was set up at 4:00 AM. It took me thirty minutes to have my shower and be dressed in my school uniform. Walks to the window to see Ley's room, and there's no light; he might still be sleeping. After that, I went down to the kitchen to prepare the bento that I am making.

 

"Curry would be nice today." me talking to myself.

 

While preparing the food, I tried to be creative as much as possible with my designs on fruits and veggies that will serve as my side dishes. Almost an hour was spent before completing the bento. Six in the early morning, I was already in the room. There's no one around as expected because class hours will begin at 8:00 AM sharp. I placed the bento I made for Shane on his desk and went towards my chair at the back to put my things.

 

I was about to sit, but it got me thinking that. "I must not be seen here all alone. Got to somewhere, people might get suspicious if the only person in the room is me and there's bento for Shane," talking to myself again.

 

I started walking, and my foot guides me in front of the library, but it's still close, and it's early. So, I walk again until I reached the tree at the corner of the campus grounds. It is also near the fields, and it's a beautiful spot if someone wants to watch a soccer game. Only a few people would go here as it's isolated and the back part of the school. It's a nice place for anyone who would want to be alone. There's fresh air blowing, and it gives some shade, especially in the afternoon.

 

"I need to go here more frequently to enjoy my own company and maybe a new reading spot for me," I said to myself.

Thirty minutes before the time, I decided to went back to the room. Friends of Shane are circling him. I heard them teasing him.

"Owww, it's another admirer. There's a bento box with the little card too,"

 

"I am scared and frightened as it is dark as night.

You became my moon when there is no light in sight.

You guided me to be in tract with your bright light.

I feel safe and sound, knowing it will be alright.

I am hoping that someday you could be my knight.

Enjoy the meal," Jerome reading the poem I wrote for Shane.

 

He still not yet over, "and it says here it comes from BlueBerry," he added. Jerome is one of Shane's close friends.

 

"I felt sorry for this BlueBerry. This person might be a lost soul to have interest in you, hahaha." Hans jokes while laughing loudly. But I can see no expression on Shane's face.

 

Shane looks in my direction and saw me looking at them. That made me very nervous, so look away and head to my seat. Nevertheless, I ignored their commentaries and pretended like any day.

 

Charm approached me at my place and asked me, "Does it comes from you?" she was referring to the bento found on Shane's desk.

I nodded, "I'll give you the poem during the lunch break. You take care of it." Hoping to do her job well done in sneaking the envelope in Shane's things.

 

We had our class as soon as the teacher arrives. I am trying to be attentive in listening to the discussion yet can't seem to focus. There are random thoughts on my mind, and there will be times I caught myself staring at Shane.

It's lunchtime. Charm comes to me, and I secretly handed the blue envelope to her.

 

"Leave it to me. Got you, girl," she said, and winks at me then walk away.

 

Shane and his group of friends went out together, and he was taking the bento with him. After some time, I saw Charm happily walking to me with a big smile on her face.

 

"Mission Accomplished," she said, then pinches my cheek as he giggles at me.

"How did you do it?" I'm just curious.

"All I did is to walk in front of his locker and insert the envelope, and that's it," she casually said.

 

Owww, it never came to my mind.

0