Lock 10: Losing
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We had our last class for the day, and we were good to go. Charm is ready to leave, but I asked her to stay for a little longer on the campus. I invited her to come with me to watch a soccer game. We walked to the field, and we stayed under the tree that I found earlier this morning.

 

"I never knew you were interested in sport," she stated.

The crowd was cheering as the players start to arrive, and there, I saw Shane.

"Oh, I see why," she blurted as soon as she realized that Shane is a varsity of our soccer team.

"I'm here to watch Ley," denying what is in her mind, but I want to watch Shane.

"Good luck Ley!" Charm cheering for Ley. He heard it and waves back at us.

 

It is a practice game where Shane and Ley are on the opposing team. I was just there watching, and I do not know whom to cheer. It should be Ley, who is my friend, or Shane, who is my crush.

 

"Go, Ley!!!" I shout, rooting for Ley, but deep inside my heart, I wanted to shout Shane's name, and I want him to win though it is only practice.

 

While playing, Shane accidentally bumped into Ley, and both of them falls to the ground. Shane gets up quickly, but Ley seems not okay as he is having a hard time walking, so he was benched. When it was over, and Shane's team wins. I dare not to congratulate him nor approach him. I'm just afraid, and who am I for him to pay attention. I felt irritated now and then as I noticed something eye soaring. There is a particular girl who is attending to the needs of Shane every water break. And even now that the game was over. Charm already left just before the game ended, but she did tell me that the girl's name was Solanne from the other section, and there is a dating rumor between them. 

Now, I am waiting for Ley, so that we could go home together.

 

"You did great today. Is your leg okay?" congratulating and asking Ley at the same as he walks towards me.

"You were watching, so I need to look good though we did not win. But I am already a winner because you are here supporting me. Thank you!" he said and put his arms on my shoulder as we walk.

"Lol, Ley your sweats," me saying those words with my straight face as I pretend to be annoyed, but he just laughed it, and also, I need to assist him in walking, so I let him be.

 

I was looking back as we walk away from the field to see Shane, but my vision becomes blurry as we were already far, and it is getting dark. I send Ley to his house so he can rest.

 

The next day, I woke up early to prepare the bento for Shane, which leads me to cook some bacon, fried rice, and an omelet. My creative side hits me with a smiley face design made with ketchup on the omelet. I also added grapes and sliced apples. I am all set and ready to go. Again, it is still early, so I left the bento on his desk together with the note. I leave the room to go to the library. Luckily, the librarian was already there. I can spend some time here before the class hours.

I was reading, and reading, and reading. Then, I realized that it is more than an hour had passed. I went back to the room.

 

"Where you at?" Charm asked. She has hints that I am already at the campus grounds because of the bento on the desk, but not my exact location.

"Library," I answered. Charm knows I must not be around when our classmates start arriving at the room. They will be suspicious of me, which I am avoiding.

"Morning Zig," Ley greets me and sits on his chair.

"Morning Ley, how was your injury?" I greeted him back and asked him.

"It is okay now," he said.

 

People are making a fuss in the area of Shane, and his friends start being nosy again.

Jerome reads the message in the sticky note again as if it is for him.

 

"I thought I was losing my luck,

But I met you we're at the back.

My heart knows nothing it's intact,

But here you are, which you unlock.

I'm ready. There's no going back.

I love you to the moon and back."

"Congratulations on winning yesterday from Blueberry."

 

Everyone heard everything written on the note. I feel embarrassed even though no one does not knows it is from me. I looked at Charm, and she was like the larvae of a mosquito while blushing from what she had heard.

 

Ley looks at me and bitterly smiled, but I do not know why. "Let's go to the cinema after class?" he uttered out of nowhere. And all I can do is nod.

0