Lock 12: Because I’m in Love
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ley is eating in front of me, and my little brain can't stop thinking of Shane and Solanne. In my opinion and from what I know, they make a perfect couple together. As I can see, Shane is handsome, and Solanne is beautiful, and both of them are popular and fashionable. Almost every guy wants to be with Solanne, the same as every girl who wants to be with Shane. Solanne has everything, and to that very fact that she is a woman, I do not even stand a chance against her. Who would want to be with a gay? I'm ugly with thick eyeglasses and a faggot, such a despicable. No wonder that nobody wants to be with me.

I am about to cry from my realization, which is all a truth, but I raised my head so Ley would not see me tearing up and then wipe my eyes. He looks at me to check if I'm enjoying the meal, and then I just smiled at him. He continued eating, and I just stared at him. Out of nowhere, I feel grateful for having Ley at my side. Ever since we've met, he never changed. The kind person that I know is still the same. I wish that our friendship would last forever.

"Tomorrow? Should we go to school together?" Ley asked, and I'm a bit surprised, not that I don't want to and it's not so new that we will go to school together. It's just that now I am going to school at an early hour than my usual days before. I'm making bento for Shane now.

"Maybe not. I'm waking up early tomorrow. You might still be asleep," me trying to refuse the offer. I don't want Ley to know about my feelings for Shane yet, and I felt guilty because I'm not telling this kind of thing to him.

"It's fine. I'll fetch you in front of your gate," Ley insisted, "So, what time are you leaving by tomorrow?" he asked.

"It's 6 AM. Can you wake up that early?" I said, hoping he'd take back what he said. He nods and continues munching his weird food combination. Maybe I need to tell him tomorrow.

I've already seen his unusual habit many times, but I've never gotten used to it. I don't know where did he get his unique way of eating fries. He has chicken fillet, and he puts his fries at the top of it, then pours the gravy all over and finally mixing them all. I mean, a normal person would eat the fries separately and dip them in ketchup. Oh well, never mind, that's how he does his things. Mine, I like my fries all alone and no ketchup when I say all alone.

Before leaving, we pile up the plates we used and cleaned up a bit, a dining manner that I always practice whenever eating out. It's a simple way of showing appreciation that we enjoyed the food and the service. Then we went home. And I said to Ley that he does not need to send me home.

The following morning wake up early and went to the shower to take a bath. After dressing up, I checked my window to see if Ley is already up, and to my guess, I am right because the lights are still off. I head down to the kitchen and prepare the bento. Chicken adobo for today's main dish with sliced boiled on the side. I also added sliced apples and cantaloupe for his dessert, and of course, a sticky note will not go missing.

I opened the gate, and I am busy arranging my things inside my bag as I walk out of the house, only to notice that Ley is already there, peeping at what's inside my bag.

"What's with the two bento boxes?" Ley asked.

"I should not hide something from you," I said.

So, while we were walking from my house to the school, I told him everything. From the time that I started liking Shane, and the bento that he saw in my bag is also for Shane.

"So, it was you all along? The person who was giving Shane the bento box with sticky-note this past few days?" he asked, and I nodded, confirming his statement.

"For now, I want to do these simple things for Shane, and on his birthday, I'm going to confess and admit my true feelings towards him. Maybe little efforts could pay off by then," I explained, and he is just listening to my words, "they say that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach, and I believed in it because that's how Mom made my Dad falls for him."

"Are not concerned or worried? Shane and Solanne are dating," he stated.

"That's fine with me. Shane and Solanne look perfect together, and I'm happy for them. I do not wish to be with Shane nor wanting Shane to reciprocate and respond to my feelings. I will be too delusional, hoping we could be in a romantic relationship because that's impossible. I just wanted for him to know and feel my love, even if it's from afar."

"If you just wanted to feel your presence even from afar, why bother confessing to him?" he asked again.

"Because I'm in love, and I wanna take the risk. I don't want to live the rest of my life regretting something and thinking of the possibilities of infinite what-ifs. Just because I was not able to express my true feelings for him." I elaborated. He just said, "Okay," and he did not bother to ask again.

0