NIGHT 3
27 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I found myself complaining about what happened last night to Durkins. To make my point even more obvious, I made sure that I met Durkins in his office personally.
“I am this close to quitting. I don’t give two cares in the world about your filthy money!,” I told him, emphasizing my point with two fingers close to pinching each other as I walked into his office.
“And who in the hot devil’s kingdom do you think you are?,” he asked me. “You walk into my office and you—”
I interrupted and in a calm voice (as calm as I could imagine being the topic I was referring to) told him about what happened last night. AND THIS MAN SAYS TO ME THAT WHAT I HAD SAID WAS ALL BULLCRAP!
“Do you know how many people tell me that Freddy and his friends come to life?” I shrugged my shoulders. “Pretty much all of them. But it’s all superstition. It’s like a little campfire story that the kids tell each other while roasting their little sweet marshmallows. You were letting your imagination get to your head, kid. And that’s it. Don’t you go around telling people that the animatronics come to life blah, blah, blah. I will not have my reputation ruined, understand?,” he said.
“Yeah, sure, whatever,” I replied, obviously not caring if I got fired or not. As I was turning around to leave his office, he called my name.
“Sit down, Henry” he ordered.
I let out an unnecessary chuckle and said, “Was that a command? You want a salute to go with that, sir?”
Durkins sighed. “Do you want this job or not? I would have fired your disrespectful behind a long while ago but since we don’t get many volunteers for security positions, I’m willing to cut you some slack,” he said to me.
I then realized that although I didn’t want the job, I would have to keep it if I wanted to find out the truth about what happened to Jackson.
“Fine. I’ll keep the job. But not because you offered it,” I said. And without another word, I walked out of the office.

When I stepped in the building, Rick wasn’t there, which was unusual but I dismissed it, thinking he was sick or something.
I got into the office, my stomach rumbling. I had to skip buying something to eat because I was desperate to find the truth about Freddy’s.
After complaining to Mr. Durkins I went out to buy a gun. The pistol was dark black and was cold. I placed it in the compartment that was supposed to hold my taser. I was surprised to see that it fit.
However, I did not know yet if I wanted to use it. Its presence alone made my heart beat rapidly.
If I were to use it, it might raise alarm and people may call the police. That was the last thing that I wanted to happen.
I watched the cameras, muted the ringing phone, and continued to watch the cameras. It seemed like the process of each night was some twisted kind of deja vu and it made me itch. I wanted the animatronics to try me.
And they did and it made me wish that I never hoped that there would be signs of activity from the animatronics.
Around 3:00 Foxy poked his head out of Pirate’s cove. I had forgotten all about him. And before I knew it, he was rushing down the west hall. I still don’t understand how it could have moved that fast.
I scrambled out of my chair as Foxy entered the office. I ran out of the office and swore aloud. I could only close the office doors from the inside.
I ran down the other hall as I pulled out the gun out of my belt. I spun around and saw that Foxy stood at the end of the hall. In the darkness, I could only see the lights of Foxy’s eye. Then without warning, he rushed at me.
I nearly dropped my gun, but fired three times. And I only hit Foxy once and that was a lucky shot. He suddenly slowed down and began walking slowly toward me, his hook raised in the air as if he were teasing me. “A-a-a-a-arrr, Matey’s,” Foxy said. “Are you ready to go on an adve-ve-ve-ve-ve-venture?,” he seemed to ask me.
Then he suddenly swung his hook and I flinched. The hook met the gun and sent it skidding across the floor to my right.
I dove to the right and grabbed the fire extinguisher off the wall. “Ah, there it is, boys and g-g-g-g-g-girls! The treasure right ahead!,” Foxy exclaimed.
Then, I swung the fire extinguisher as hard as I could. It connected with Foxy’s head, knocking off his ear. “Oh shoot, Durkins is going to give it to me bad. Well, if I manage to survive tonight,” I thought.
Foxy’s body stuttered and I took the opportunity to run. I ran as fast as my legs would allow and finally made it to the office. I pounded the buttons on the wall, closing the doors. Then I collapsed in my chair, struggling to regain my breath.
When I managed to get myself together, I grabbed the cup off of my desk and drank my coffee with one gulp. I urged the coffee to give me energy. I was going to need it.
I looked on the cameras and saw that all the animatronics had left the stage. A clang made me straighten my posture.
I looked and saw that Bonnie was at the window to my left and Chica was at the window to my right. They were both pounding on the door at speeds I thought were impossible for animatronics. Their mouths were open in silent screams. I nearly peed on myself.
By then I was breathing so frantically that my whole body rose and fell each time I inhaled and exhaled—I was pretty much panting like a dog. My hands were shaking furiously and I could barely tap my monitor.
I had sat there for the rest of the night watching the power deplete. My alarm rang at 6:00 and by that time the power level was at six percent. I don’t want to think about what would have happened if the power reached zero.

1