NIGHT 4
26 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As crazy as the previous nights were, I can’t stop myself from coming back. And although I try to remind myself that what happened to Jackson happened in the past, I still can’t convince myself that it wasn’t my fault.
But I made a promise.
And still… whenever I close my eyes I see something. Things. Different things. But there is one thing that I keep seeing.
I see a man, his skin the color of purple bruises, wild dark brown hair, with a smile on his face that stretches inhumanly. And he’s surrounded by flames which don’t seem to bother him.
It’s gotten to the point where I don’t want to sleep. I have to force myself to sleep.
One more night to go. And then it’s all over. But only if I find the killer.
I got a phone call from Durkins and he asked me if I had seen Rick anywhere around. I told him that he wasn’t there last night and he said that Rick’s wife had said that he did not come home last night. Later I realized that he did not ask me about Foxy’s injury.
I was never really close to Rick at all, but his missing still bothered me. Was it the animatronics? Freddy? Bonnie? Chica? Foxy? Who was it?

I entered Freddy’s wishing I had an assault rifle instead of a pistol. How easy my job would have been then!
I took my jacket off and ate my “lunch”. I hadn’t eaten since that morning and I was practically starving.
Then I got ready for what could have been the last night of my life. I noticed that each night the animatronics got more aggressive.
Instead of waiting in my office, I decided that I was going to strike first. I went to the front stage and aimed my gun at Freddy. ‘I’ll do it. I’ll pull this trigger. Go ahead and give me an excuse,’ I threatened Freddy mentally. Freddy just stared ahead.
““Ah, there it is, boys and g-g-g-g-g-girls! The treasure right ahead!,” Foxy shouted, causing me to accidentally pull the trigger.
The bullet went right through Freddy’s top hat. The bang almost blew my eardrums out. As my ears rang, all of the animatronics jerked their heads toward me. I swore.
I ran back to my office and shut the door, hearing the animatronics walk toward me. I checked the cameras and saw them make their way down the hall. I shut both doors.
When the animatronics reached the doors they did not pound on them like before. They just stood there and watched me.
Feeling extremely uncomfortable, I watched in fear as the power drained. Then at three percent the animatronics surprised me. They all went back to their stage. All except Freddy. Freddy Watched me as my power hit zero.
The lights flickered and then shut out. My heart was pounding. The doors slid open. I clicked on my flashlight and aimed it at Freddy who just stood there.
Freddy began to play an eerie tune that jingled in the open air and I was more worried that a clown was going to pop out than I was worried about Freddy.
I got up out of my chair slowly, afraid that any sudden movements would alert Freddy. I pulled out my gun and aimed it at Freddy while I moved slowly backwards.
Something made me freeze. I watched Freddy as his music box tune continued. Then, as if I was possessed, I began to sway to the little tune. I stopped swaying when the song ended.
There was a moment of brief silence. Freddy suddenly sprung to life and rushed toward me. I swung myself around the corner of the office doorway. I heard Freddy slam into the wall of the hallway behind me.
I couldn’t help but notice that something was wrong about Freddy. First of all, if all of the power was out of the building, then how was Freddy supposed to be still moving. And second, Freddy wasn’t moving like an animatronic anymore. He was running. Like a human.
A scream was caught in my throat and what I let loose was almost embarrassing; it was like a strained groan. My whole body felt tense.
I caught sight of what looked like a hidden door that I hadn’t noticed before. It was hidden in the panels of the black and white tiled wall. I braced myself and ran right into the wall. Instead of breaking my arms like I had expected, I shot into a dimly lit room. The hidden wall had operated like a rotating door.
I stumbled and fell onto my knees so hard I could have broken them. I groaned. My whole body ached from the short chase. I realized I was still watching the hidden door to see if Freddy would follow, but I doubted it. Freddy was too large to fit.
But after all I had been through these last few nights I didn’t know what was possible.
The room was about the size of a dining room and had the same pattern to the walls and floor as the rest of the building. There were three tall blue lockers in the corner of the room.
Then I heard shuffling coming from the opposite corner and I turned to see where the noise was coming from. I was shocked to see a man. And it was the same man that I had seen in my visions. It couldn’t be a coincidence.
I rose to my feet and tried to look tough. The man stood straight in the corner. “H-h-have you come to kill me?,” the man said, stuttering worse than Foxy.
“Who are you? Why do I keep seeing you? I keep seeing you in my sleep,” I said.
The man flashed a worried smile. He went to the mascot costume that sat in the corner of the room. It was a dirty mustard color, ragged, moldy, and musty. It was filled with holes.
The weirdo had began caressing the suit's head. “Hey,” I said tapping his shoulder. “I’m talking to you.”
He looked at me and gave me a sad smile. He sighed. “This place takes its toll on everybody someway. I’ve seen it happen so many times. Sure, I made the animatronics. And in exchange they destroyed my family. They aren’t good. They’re tools of destruction.”
“You made the animatronics?,” I said blankly. In some sort of way this man had caused my brother to be killed, But all I felt was pity for the man. “They do nothing but destroy. They took my boy. They took my daughter. And in a way… they took my wife too.” He rose and suddenly slammed his fist on the table that held a keyboard, mouse and monitor. The impact surprised me and caused the keyboard and mouse to bounce and the monitor almost toppled over. “And it’s all his fault,” he said.
I asked him who and he said that ‘it’ was somebody called “Michael.” He told me that Michael did “bad bad things” and he hurt people and tried to frame him for it. I told him that I was going to leave and he grabbed my shoulder.
His touch alarmed me and I swatted his arm. He looked at me with a hurt look and I felt bad for him. “Please don’t leave me here alone,” he begged.
Despite my pity for him, I still did not trust him and I told him so. And when I turned around to leave I nearly passed out from shock.
I had found myself staring at the dead bloody body of Rick. I fell over dizzily. I smelled the horrible bitter scent of blood. ‘Is this nightmare ever going to end?,’ I thought. I heaved and sent my lunch splattering on the floor. ‘Not such a Happy Burger now, eh?,’ I thought to myself and started giggling hysterically.
I looked up at the man who looked at me with uncertainty.
I continued giggling, unable to control myself. I guess I must have officially lost it. What had the man said? Freddy’s takes its toll on everybody? ‘Indeed,’ I thought.
When I finally managed to get myself together, I got to my feet.
“What… the heck is that?,” I said pointing to Rick’s lifeless body. “You killed him, dude,” I accused the man.
“I’m not surprised,” he said, shaking his head. “I always get blamed. I tried to rescue him from Foxy. I was too late. His throat was sliced open,” he said, mimicking the motion of his own throat being cut using his index finger.
“No. No. Nope,” I said. “I can’t take this anymore. I tried. Oh, believe me, I tried. But this is it.” As I began to walk out, the man walked forward slowly and grabbed my shoulder again.
This time I did not shrug it off. I just wanted to go home, lay down, and forget about all of it. Forget about the nightmare they called Freddy Fazbear’s. “Look,” he said, somehow sounding human all of a sudden. “I know what you’ve been through. But you’re here now. And now that you are still alive, you have to finish it. You have to do what I haven't had the courage to do.”
I understood what he was asking me to do. He wanted me to destroy the animatronics. “I’m sorry. I can’t,” I told him.
“Fine. Be my guest. I won’t stop you, he said.” But I stopped. Of course I did. Why wouldn’t I. For some reason, I decided that I was going to stay. I would have no choice if I wanted to find out the truth.

1