Chapter 3: An Unexpected Encounter
42 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After only a few hours into Tynaja's new life, everything started to get hectic, purely wild beyond measure. She was trembling in fear from what just happened, still breathing hard despite her mana being so high. While exploring the forest, she discovered that she's pretty damn strong despite her low level. Her skills made up for her weaknesses as a slime, but she couldn't do anything in the face of danger even then. She got incredibly lucky as a hero of similar stature appeared to swoop down and save her from her dire situation.

It was at this moment that Tynaja quickly found out that this was life or death. This was no game. She had one chance at reliving her life, and she had almost wasted it on her very first day. The fear she felt was genuine, and the great relief she felt after realizing she was safe was all the more real.

Nonetheless, the question now was this new person who encountered Tynaja out of the blue? Was she a friend... or another enemy?

"Whew... I-I'm alive... Somehow." Tynaja said, finally catching up with herself. She was so scared that she almost turned into a complete puddle. After using some sort of teleportation spell, the fellow slime that saved her faced the opposite direction, not giving her a second glance. For a few minutes, there was complete silence.

Tynaja started bouncing towards the back of the other slime. Looking at her hair and color, it happened to remind her of her sister, who had passed away in a car accident two months ago. In all honesty, she was still shaken up from that event. The last time she spoke to her sister before her death, they had gotten into a fight. Despite it being silent, the tension was loud. "My sister... Had blue hair... Never knew why she dyed it, though..." Tynaja remarked, trying to spark a conversation, but the other slime ignored her as if she wasn't there. Unexpectedly the slime... molded into a human-like form, granted it was still slime-like.

The human features were all there, the curves, the slimy blue hair, the slimy tan color of their skin, the ears, arms, and legs. They finally turned around, revealing their face. They wore a soft, gentle smile. They happened to look like a girl, but when they finally showed their true face, Tynaja couldn't believe her eyes. She must be dreaming.

"Tynaja... What are you doing here... You shouldn't be here..." the now identified slime girl said before walking up to Tynaja, dropping to her knees and gently placing her hand on top of Tynaja, looking down at her.

"Amena... No... Amena, my sister..." Tynaja stammered, unable to fully form her words in this enticing moment. Looking into her sister's eyes as both of their eyes made contact. Tynaja's dark brown eyes coming in contact with her ocean-filled blue eyes.

This quiet moment they shared was truly captivating. They sat in pure silence, embracing the fact they can simply look at each other in the eyes again. In their past life, they were not only sisters but each other's best friends. They were constantly pushing each other to a new limit striving for success. They were even working on a short animation together that they never got to finish because of Amena meeting her fateful end. Amena stepped back, giving Tynaja the widest smile, and Tynaja returned one back. Amena picked up Tynaja, squeezing her tighter than she ever had before, causing her to flatten down like a flat basketball.

Tynaja was laughing along with her sister in this untroubled split second of jovial happiness. "AMENA?! You're squeezing me!?" Tynaja exclaimed as Amena placed her down in her lap. "Oh hush! I haven't seen you in two months! Heh... Look at you, though, so small and compact in your ball form! I thought I was the little sister!" Amena teased as she giggled, teasing Tynaja about her ball-like slime form despite being a slime herself. "Hey, you were just in the same form! No, wait... Wait... So it is true? You got reincarnated here as well? I see... So this world is something like a dumping ground for people who get reincarnated..." Tynaja said, trying to pan out the situation a bit more because she was confused about the general gist of it all. She sighed, not wanting to overthink. Before she could say another word, her menu popped up, and it seemed that her "Natural Learner" skill was hard at work. "Skill Unlocked: Sister Sister! - Due to sharing a deep bond with your sister, you will be able to share one of her collected features from her "Analyze" skill. She will get to decide what forms you take until you train this skill." The HUD announced before blipping away. Despite not having the natural learner skill, Amena also got this notification. It appears that depending on the skill, it can also be shared with others.

"The hell... Did you get that as well?" Amena said, shocked and confused, flipping through her HUD slowly. Looking over at Tynaja to unexpectedly see her giving her a menacing glare.

"Amena, my sweet sister... GIVE ME A HUMAN BODY RIGHT NOW!" Tynaja yelled. The second she got this skill, she put two and two together and realized she could get the same humanoid body as her sister. She wasn't sure what human her sister analyzed to get it. Still, she didn't question wanting to have arms and legs almost immediately. "But you're cute like this!" Amena said, giggling.

Not wishing to comply with her sister's demands, seeing her sister like this really got a good laugh out of her in such a situation. "Girl... So help me, god, when I'm freed from this restraint of mine!" Tynaja exclaimed in a frustrated tone. You could see her being as desperate as ever though begging and threatening her sister until she eventually came to her senses.

"Fine, fine, but keep in mind this body is just "like" a human body! You're basically still the same, just with limbs!" Amena told her, trying to explain it so that Tynaja wouldn't get her hopes up. "Yeah yeah, now hurry along with it!" Tynaja urged, rushing her sister as she jumped up and down, desperate to get back her human body... Well, at least something similar to it.

Amena then activated her "Analyze" skill. Slimes have an effortless ability to take people into their bodies to "Analyze" them and gain a feature from the things they analyzed. All living and dead beings can be analyzed. If analyzed, the slime can duplicate and take a makeshift feature from whatever they analyzed. For example, if the slime had a human go inside them, the slime would analyze the being. Then after the human gets out, the slime would now have access to sort of a makeshift human form, granted; it's still slimy, but it's still human-like. The slime can only inherit the nature of that being without getting any skills or fully transforming into it.

Another example is if the slime were to analyze a dragon, they could get slimy dragon wings, but of course, this would have limits. The makeshift ability can do all the basic functions of the copied body. However, the efficiency of how they're done depends on the slime's level versus the being they analyzed. If the slime got dragon wings at a low level, they'd fail to use them because the dragon was at a higher level than the slime. But if they used them at a higher level than the dragon, they'd fly better than the dragon. Analyze can also be stopped by anti-magic devices like barriers. Enchanted anti-magic clothing and other devices that have to do with anti-magic or generally anything that can stop magic. If anti-magic is used, not only will the slimes makeshift forms go away, but they will revert back to their original slime ball state. This was a skill that all slimes shared, but because of Tynajas natural learner skill, they could share their analyzed form. Of course, there were limits; for the time being, only Amena could control what Tynaja became until they both trained this skill.

After Amena activates this shared skill, "Sister Sister!", Tynaja's body rose up with grace and elegance. Her body stretched into limbs, and her face started to form a head that grew around it. This was far from being an actual human, but it was the best that any slime could get.

"Um... Amena... Do you have any clothes?" Tynaja said, embarrassed and uneasy. She was covering up her lady parts while looking at her newly given body. Noticing that she was still as slimy as ever, still dripping slightly, barely able to hold the form. "What are you acting all embarrassed for you look nubile, but this also could come off as tantalizing... Here! Let me try this, you should have a skill called "Recycle" . Take this piece of my cloth and eat it." Amena said, ripping off a piece of her shirt and handing it to Tynaja.

The Recycle skill was one of three skills that slimes are born with. Slimes have a straightforward skill that allows them to take things into their bodies. In most slime cases, only inanimate things can be fully absorbed. If absorbed, the slime can duplicate the said form of whatever they absorbed. Time has little effect on the objects held in the slime's stomach and what they choose to fully absorb and whatnot; therefore, it can also be used as storage. They can also only absorb one thing at a time; anything over that indefinitely will kill them. The slime can only absorb inanimate objects, for instance, diamond, swords, rock, etcetera. This meant that they could turn their arm into a diamond, sword, or stone for protection. Unlike the skill "Analyze," when they change a part of their body into what they absorbed, it becomes the real thing by shaping the desired slime's body into that said object. For instance, if the slime absorbs a sword, they can "Recycle" it back out and use it as a weapon on their body. This skill also happens to work on other inanimate objects like clothes allowing them to make outfits.

Tynaja took the cloth and inserted it into her body, and shortly after, a message popped up on her menu. "Recycled! New item gained: Cloth!" the menu said before blipping away. Tynaja quickly put this skill to use, only thinking about getting to work, making the ideal outfit she wanted. It was a replica of the outfit her avatar in an RPG had, and she was absolutely in love with a mix of white and black in terms of colors.

"Ah, that's better! What do you think?" Tynaja triumphed, doing a spin and smiling at her sister.

"Tch, kinda basic, but that's my sister!" Amena criticized, giggling, "You're gonna have to revert back to your slime form soon. You can barely hold that form with the mana you have!" 

"S-Shut it! Let me enjoy this!" Tynaja exclaimed as she pouted her lip, already annoyed. They both were joking back and forth until a loud crash sounded. "BOOOOM."

They both looked up at the sky slightly after hearing the noise in full, and immediately their moods changed. "Ok... I need to explain something to you, about this awful world that I have yet to fully experience." Amena quickly told, reverting her sister back to her slime form before picking her up and running to a more secluded spot. "It won't go this far to bother us... At least for for now." Amena sighed as she put Tynaja back down.

"What's going on? That noise sounded awfully familiar." Tynaja said, looking around the side of the tree. She couldn't see past the blades of grass because of her height, but she understood this situation was dire.

"That creature is hunting us... It has been trying to kill me since my first day here. The humans I've seen call it a soulvine, but I call it a slime eater. That damned thing! It eats just about everything, but when it comes to slimes, it will go beyond to eat them... I think it's a diet thing, like we are a unique treat for them. It's bullshit, and every time I try to leave, it hunts me down no matter the time of day. I can't get any stronger to beat it, and I can't escape it. So yea... I've been stuck here since I got reincarnated.." Amena quavered, giving Tynaja the rundown of the situation. She dropped down to the ground, sitting back onto a tree. She buried her face between her legs and sat there fusing with stress and built-up rage.

Tynaja couldn't respond for a few minutes after getting a brief overview of the situation. For two months, her sister was forced to be stagnant in one spot, unable to grow or venture out after two whole months. Knowing her sister, she probably went insane having to deal with this all alone.

Tynaja hopped over to her sister, landing in her lap, her sister catching her before she slid off as she gave her a warm smile. "We will kill it, okay? I promise we will kill it together and explore this new world together, you and me... You won't be alone again." Tynaja empathized, giving her sister her utmost attention as she looked her in her eyes.

"Okay... Alright! With you here, this world will no longer be a cage!" Amena exclaimed joyfully, but Tynaja could hear the pain in her voice, but the small light of hope created by her sister shined through it. The noise stopped, and the crashing of trees stopped, it was rather unusual, though, like the monster got chased off, and it didn't run off on its own. Amena got up while holding Tynaja with her arms crossed, walking out to see what happened.

What Amena saw was somewhat unusual, it appeared to be a party of adventures, but they were relatively small in numbers. The two slime girls contacted this party, and the party exchanged shocked expressions back with the girls before someone finally spoke up and said something, "T... Those are slimes, right? Why do they look... Human? The one she's holding even has a face! Look, Almar! Look JoJo!" The girl shrieked. She didn't seem to be afraid but more curious out of the group of four. She was of shorter stature, but she seemed to be an elf; she had curly hair and white eyes with long pointed ears and sharp jawline and tan skin. She ran up to Tynaja and Amena without a speck of fear in her heart getting face to face with Tynaja.

"Well, hi there! You're adorable, my goodness!" Tynaja giggled. The girl seemed to be young and around the age of thirteen. So that's what Tynaja perceived her for, but she could've been wrong. "Hey! Rina, don't get so close! We don't know what the hell they are!" the tall man exclaimed. He was definitely just a human. He had long black hair covering his eyes and an unkempt, gruff beard.

"We won't bite, love! We are just as surprised as you... Humans rarely come this deep in the forest..." Amena said, while handing Tynaja to the little girl Rina. They automatically hit it off, and the two of them weren't even paying attention to what Amena and the boy Almar were talking about as they got giddy over each other's adorable looks. "We received a quest from the adventures coalition to take up an S-ranked quest to kill something called a Soulvine. We saw it for a second, and it ran off, but they didn't give us any reports about sentient slimes... The kingdom should've had reports on that! Jojo, what should we do?" Out of the blue, a girl with red hair, green eyes, and freckles started to speak. She also seemed to be an elf, like Rina.

"If they wanted to kill us, they would've attacked a while ago. Instead Rina and the slime ball girl are geeking out about each other's appearance, so I think it's safe to say they aren't gonna harm us, Saphielle." The wolf-like man named Jojo said. Overall, he had a human body, but he had wolf ears and a wolf tail, definitely making him different than the rest of the group. He also seemed to be the leader of the group.

"Jojo Jojo! Look at how squishy she is!" Rina said while holding up Tynaja in Jojo's face. He laughed slightly while patting her on the head. Tynaja was too busy getting squished to notice what was going on, but she was definitely enjoying her time with this group.

"Amena, we should help them! Since it's attracted to us, we can lead it out to kill it, and with team effort, it should be as easy as falling off a log!" Tynaja stated to her sister with a happy tone.

"Oh please, Jojo! That would be fun!" Rina cried out, vouching for it with excitement.

"Ugh, fine, I suppose!" Amena and Jojo said at the same time, looking at each other speedily and laughing shortly after.

After getting to know the two girls, the group shared a meal after adding them into their party temporarily. They bonded reasonably quickly, and after learning that the two girls were reincarnated, they also shared they were also reincarnated, further adding some truth to Tynajas's theory. They shared this happy moment, knowing they soon they would have to get serious and put their lives on the line to kill... The Slime Eater!

0