7: Glass
18 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Did you see anything that looked fun when you were looking at the advertisements?" Mizuki asked her sister hopefully.

Shizune shrugged, but after a moment she suggested, "There was one about a place that lets you watch glass blowing back in the town somewhere?"

Mizuki considered it doubtfully, but finally decided that since Shizune knew everything now, even if they did run into the jerk in town it would probably be okay. "That sounds interesting at least?" she agreed finally. 

She was rewarded with a surprised expression and a small smile, so she pulled out her phone and messaged Sora about their plan to head into town and find the glassworks.

Sora replied promptly, 'OK. Don't take this the wrong way, but we're not really dating. You don't have to tell me what you're doing when we're not together, you can just tell me when I can expect to see you.'

Mizuki shoved her phone into her pocket without replying after reading the reply. It gave her a surprisingly bitter feeling, but she was the one who'd asked for the short term physical relationship, so she couldn't really complain. She was silent on the bus ride into town while she thought about her own reaction.

Shizune suddenly suggested, "If you don't want to, we can do something else?"

Mizuki looked at her sister with blank incomprehension for a moment, and then asked, "What?" 

"I don't know, we could look around?" Shizune replied uncertainly. 

"I'm sorry, I wasn't listening. I don't know what you're talking about," Mizuki admitted. 

"What were you thinking about then?" Shizune asked curiously. 

Mizuki blushed as she admitted, "Sora."

Shizune actually laughed, and then spent the rest of the ride teasing her about all the times she'd complained about the way her older sisters behaved when they were dating someone.

--

They watched the glass blowing for over an hour, and while it was interesting, Mizuki wouldn't have exactly called it fun. Afterward they talked about what to do for lunch, even though it was still rather early.

Mizuki examined the boards outside of several of the shops and restaurants they passed, and then asked dubiously, "Can we afford to eat lunch every day? I wanted to use some of my spending money on souvenirs."

Shizune offered quickly, "I can pay for our lunches, since you already spent so much to come with me."

Mizuki shrugged, but then suggested, "Maybe we should look for the grocery store? There must be one here somewhere."

Shizune protested at first, but after arguing it back and forth a bit, they searched out the grocery store. 

The prices there were high too, but not as bad as the restaurants. They tried to pick out things that wouldn't need refrigeration, that they would enjoy eating with the fruits from the basket in their room. When they got in the checkout line they ran into Hattori Shinichi.

He grinned at them in surprise, and they exchanged rather casual greetings.

Shizune looked over his purchases dubiously and then asked, "Is that what you eat all the time?"

Shinichi took a moment to examine what they were carrying and asked rather critically, "Do you have any room to talk?"

Shizune blushed as she apologized, "Sorry."

Mizuki asked him with interest, "Does your place lack a refrigerator too?" Before he could answer she added, "We already have fruit that's being delivered to ours."

Shinichi laughed and told them, "No, I have a full kitchen. I just don't like to cook, so I usually eat lunch and dinner out. These are just breakfast and snacks." They chatted a little bit more and then he asked teasingly, "Since we're apparently fated to meet more than once, want to schedule the third time in advance?"

Mizuki looked at Shizune and told her, "I'm leaving answering that one totally up to you."

Shinichi immediately suggested, "There's a dance tonight in the town square. It's usually mostly locals, since it's not on the weekend, or on the beach, but there will be live music?"

"I don't know," Shizune replied hesitantly.

"If you don't want to agree to meet, we can just see if it happens. The dance usually starts about half an hour after sunset. And you're still welcome to call me if you decide you want to go snorkeling," he offered.

She smiled at him shyly and agreed, "Alright."

--

In the afternoon when they got back to their room again, Mizuki asked, "Do you mind if I go see if Sora is free for awhile?"

Shizune considered her younger sister for a long moment before replying, "I guess not. If we're really going to try to go dancing that late, I probably want to take a nap now anyway."

Mizuki messaged Sora, "We're back, are you here?"

He replied almost immediately, "Yes, I'm laying in the shade on the beach again."

Mizuki slipped her sandals back on, and walked out to where Sora lay. He laid his arm out, inviting her to lay beside him. After a moment she settled down beside him, laid her head on his shoulder, and sighed.

He glanced at her face and asked, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," she replied quickly. 

"Okay, is this one of those nothing-nothings or one of those feminine code you've-done-something-and-you-better-figure-out-what nothings?" he asked after a moment. 

Mizuki snickered but then admitted, "It's an I-don't-know nothing."

He looked at her searchingly and then asked, "Is it my fault?" She opened her mouth but then shut it again, and he asked more sharply, "You have no trouble telling me that you want me to do you, but you're reluctant to tell me why you're unhappy?"

She frowned at him, but protested reasonably, "I'm sure it's my fault, not yours. I agreed that not dating was fine."

He covered his eyes with his other hand. "It's because of my message this morning isn't it? I told you not to take it the wrong way."

"I don't think I'm taking it the wrong way," Mizuki objected.

He uncovered his eyes and laughed. "I can only think of one way to deal with you right now," he admitted before rolling toward her and kissing her suddenly.

After a moment of surprise, she responded warmly. When he finally stopped kissing her, she pouted and told him, "That isn't fair."

He gave her an incredulous look as he asked, "You do remember me telling you, 'Don't Mizuki,' and, 'Stop Mizuki,' last night don't you?"

She blushed as she protested, "But your mouth and your body were telling me different things?"

He glanced down at her body pointedly and asked, "And yours aren't?"

Her blush deepened, and guilt made her apologize, "I'm sorry Sora." Then she asked worriedly, "Did I hurt you?"

He gave her a long look, but instead of answering he asked after a moment, "Mizuki, am I hurting you already?"

"No!" she protested immediately. He looked at her doubtfully and she told him, "Sora, I am not really sure why your message this morning made me feel bitter. I've been thinking about it all day. But that's not your fault!"

"I'm sorry Mizuki," he apologized while running his hand down her side gently.

"I mean it Sora!" she said forcefully. 

"Okay!" he replied laughingly. "I'll let you win."

She looked at his smile, and then told him suddenly, "I think maybe it's because I do want to know what you're doing when I'm not with you, even if it's only for this week."

He asked, "If we share our plans and activities will it make you happier? I was just trying to tell you that you don't owe me anything. I don't own you, and you don't have to report to me." He kissed her gently.

"It will make me happier," she assured him when the kiss ended.

He kissed her again. "Okay," he agreed, and then leaned closer and whispered into her ear, "Want to go to my room?"

She shivered and nodded. He got to his knees and scooped her up, but she objected, "Sora, I can walk."

He paused and asked, "Do you not like me carrying you?"

She shrugged and then admitted with embarrassment, "I kind of like it, but it's embarrassing. I feel like it makes me look like a little kid."

He muttered unhappily, "You are a little kid."

"Put me down," she demanded.

He set her down and asked uncertainly, "Are we fighting now, or are we walking to my room?"

She laughed, and asked him with a grin, "We can't do both?"

He smiled at her, but replied seriously, "I'd really rather not, I don't like to mix pleasure and pain."

She took his hand and suggested, "Then let's just go to your room?"

He smiled, bent down to kiss her again, and complained softly, "But I like to pick you up so I can kiss you easily, you're too short Mizuki."

"I'm not too short, you're just too tall Sora!" she protested.

"Come here," he demanded and dragged her willingly off to his room.

--

When they finished, Sora grinned at her and whispered, "You're so easy Mizuki, I love it."

Mizuki stared at him unhappily for a shocked moment, and then looked away as she replied miserably, "It makes me really unhappy when you say that Sora, even if it's true."

He stared at her in surprise and asked, "What? Why?"

She glanced at him again and then told him, "I don't want you to say I'm easy."

He groaned and then complained, "Mizuki, that is not what I meant. I meant we fit together so well, that doing it with you is really easy."

She looked up at him and asked uncertainly, "Is it not usually this easy?"

He stared at her for a moment, kissed her, and then asked, "Haven't you noticed that every time you get there, so do I?" He kissed her again, and then informed her, "It's been amazing every time."

"Oh," she replied a little breathlessly, and then asked, "Can we do it again?"

1