Trader’s Ship
36 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Trilok said, the two brothers seemingly forgot about their conversation and like usual, Trilok stopped thinking about things that made him feel like shit. The boundless oceans cover the surface and the sky, why would he let meaningless thoughts dampen his mood.

"Pack them! Quick! We'll make contact in a few minutes!" Trilok continuously hissed while Kol, sweating and tired, hurriedly packed vials of [Poor Man's Health] into a wooden crate with proper supporters and a good muffling of clothing. 

Today, the Trade Ship and the Community Ship will finally coincide in their routes and start the two-day trade festival. It is one of the most important events in any Community ship and only happens once or twice a year! Trade Ships are holding the stocks of products from different community ships and areas and allow the said community ship to trade for their local specialties.

In fact, it isn't even sure that the same trade ship would make contact with the community ship again so each trade festival is something that every civilian on the ship looks forward to.

"Done!" Kol shouted.

"Good! Let's move out!" Trilok snickered and pushed the crate alongside Kol. It was heavy.

For this day, Trilok had saved and slaved away to create a batch of 300 vials of ointment! With the 7% increase in cost. Trilok's profit per vial had fallen to 10 coral coins and the 300 vials utilized a total of 7700 coral coins. Of course, he wasn't planning to sell it at a simple 35 coins per vial.

Since the trade ship is a new customer, he would be selling it for at least 40 coral coins. In fact, Trilok had only utilized the coins he had already absorbed the spirit points from.

"Woah!" Kol gasped.

The sight of a floating metal battleship is always a sight to behold.

"Boss! This one seems richer than the two previous ones!" Kol grinned, "We're gonna be rich!"

"Hey, you get a monthly salary. I'm going to be rich," Trilok snorted but he couldn't dampen Kol's excitement at all. In fact, she had been saving her salary by eating at her Boss' house for this day itself!

Even Trilok observed the large Battleship. Canons fitted to its side with multiple inscriptions etched on their surface while an old man sat on the iron ledges of the deck. On the front of the ship, a green flag was hoisted with a small yellow gourd imprinted on its surface.

"A guild ship..." Trilok whispered, his words making Kol shiver in excitement.

"It's from the Ark!" She squeaked.

Soon, the two ships floated parallel to each other with many store owners and traders of the community already gathering around the gate built within the wooden ledge of the ship. The deck of the community was clearly more spacious than the Trade Ship but that was only because the life of the civilians, their houses, stores, and entertainment corners were built on the deck itself. Two village-wide ships slowly came to a stop.

Roa stood in the front, slowly having the traders get into the line. Of course, the traders were the first to enter the Trade Ship followed by cultivators above Spiritual Dwellers, and then it was simply first come first serve.

Being one of the most profitable stores, Trilok, alongside Kol, only stood behind Noland.

"Fuck... I hate that you have a spatial ring!" Trilok narrowed his gaze, "And why are you at the front?"

"Hmm? Don't hate~!" Noland snickered while clearly flaunting his ring finger by pushing it into his nostril. But the silver, marked ring did look gorgeous and attracted a lot of attention.

This was Noland's heritage. Something that his father left him and usually, Noland wouldn't even show it in his fingers but today, clearly, he had prepared a lot of products and had to use the ring.

"Ah, poverty is the root of all sins," Noland gasped, "Just look at how much Poor Kol is sweating! So... fragrant!" The thin youth shivered while Kol spat, "Disgusting pig!"

'Oh, sure, he's the pig when you stuff your mouth like one,' Trilok rolled his eyes.

"Anyway. I had the best-reported sale the last time," Noland chuckled, "So, of course, I get preference."

"All your buyers were perverted," Trilok narrowed his gaze.

"A plug-shaped pill can be swallowed from both ends," Noland's smile grew wider, "I'm just a lover of versatility."

Their bickering came to an end when a metal platform slowly rolled out with the sound of gas being released from a cylinder. The Community ship was lower in height and the metal platform was tilted downwards and soon, it was connected to the gate of the Community. From the lower end of the platform, Trilok could see spiritual energy connecting the two materials so that no trader find their goods getting dumped into the sea because of a minor gap.

Noland and Trilok looked at each other before smiling.

"Alright. Enter the ship orderly. This time, we are lucky to meet a Trade Ship from one of the Guilds situated in the Ark," Roa began, "Now, if any of you cause any form of damage to the ship..." Roa's expression turned grim but Noland only pushed open the gate.

"I'm not strong enough to damage shit!" He shouted with a smirk while walking up the ramp.

"Kol! Let's move!" Trilok stated enthusiastically while Kol's expression fell. Looking up the tilt of the ramp and recalling how heavy the crate was... she shivered.

---

The reason why Trade Ship is higher than a Community ship is that the living facilities and trading districts are set within the ship into various levels. The first level provides living quarters to the traders and their family members affiliated with the trade ship. The second level caters to the needs of Spirit Inscriptionist and Tool Refiners. The third level provides valuable support to Spirit Alchemist and Gourmet Cooks. Finally, the fourth level supports all kinds of miscellaneous trades and is also the center of operation for the Trade Ship.

In the Third Level, given the standard build of the Trade Ship, no outer customization of the store was allowed, giving every store a simple, and uniform look. Of course, posting offers were definitely allowed.

"This is fascinating. And you named it [Poor Man's Health]? Does this imply the greater affordability of the concoction?"

A thin, bespectacled white-haired old man gazed at the shallow cut over his hand healing under the reddish concoction as Trilok nodded.

"You tell me. It costs 39 coral coins to finally create one vial and I sell it for 50... of course. If it is purchased in bulk, I can..." gritting his teeth and trying to hide his 'genuine' emotion, "I can... sell it for 48 coins each for a bulk purchase of 100 vials."

"Ssss," As if 'shocked', Kol took a deep breath. Her expression twisting with regret.

"B-But Boss!"

"Enough, Kol! I need the money... Sir, I'm sorry. It's just that my father... Sigh, I shouldn't trouble a good man like you with my circumstances," Trilok averted his gaze with a profoundly sad look in his eyes.

The young retainer of the old man, a beautiful girl with bright eyes and tanned skin which many fishers would attain sooner or later, felt her heart tug at the sight of a haggard chubby woman gently patting the back of a refined young alchemist.

She couldn't fathom how much sufferings the youth might have gone through his life. His father probably bedridden, or worse, an abuser and a good-for-nothing but the boy still cannot let go of the person who brought him to life!

"Ai... life is harsh indeed," the old man's gaze turned softer.

"But, young man. I will not insult you hardships with pity. Indeed, this trade is quite profitable... but, even buying all 300 of the vials is only a temporary situation. A Trade ship rarely meets the same community ship in ten years. So, I would propose a deal for your recipe, too."

"I'm deeply indebted by these words, Sir. But I cannot sell the recipe... it's... personal."

While Trilok said that, a complicated look flashed in Kol's eyes.

'I still cannot compare to him. He's younger... and I taught him how to rip others off... but... he's a natural!'

That's how Kol and Trilok even met in the first place.

Kol trying to rip Trilok off with a shitty story. 

"Then, I will purchase 250 vials for 48 coral coins," The old man sighed. The effects of the concoction were truly amazing for its price and he was planning to sell it for much more!

Once the trade was completed, Trilok placed the large bag of coins under the remaining trays filled with vials of his concoctions within the crate and left the shop under the warm farewell of the pretty retainer after taking a parchment of the deal stating various conditions and the attributes of the trade just committed.

As Kol and Trilok began walking deeper into the corridor, many shops beckoning them to enter their shops.

But the two had wide grins cracked in their faces!

"12,000! The cost of the vials is already covered! Even the cost of glass vials is taken over easily and we still have 50 vials left!" Trilok licked his lips.

To him, it wasn't just the profits! It's also a total of 12000 spirit points and then some more!

"Boss, we should find a young owner this time to lay off the recipe..."

This isn't the first time the two have sold the recipe of the Concoction. As the old man stated. They weren't going to meet for at least 10 years! So why shouldn't Trilok sell the recipe and earn more coins? But, over the years, the two came with a protocol.

First, they would find a shop with a good reputation with the condition being that the owner is an older gentleman, or woman. Of course, not all elderly are gold-hearted so whenever they faced a black-hearted old fuck, they would leave as quickly as possible.

Now that most of the concoctions had been sold at a greater price, they would reject the selling of the recipe.

After all, once they sell the recipe, it will be revealed that the two youngsters had ripped them off! So, denying the request for the sale of a recipe, something that an experienced alchemist can reverse refine after some time quite easily, they would leave to find a store that isn't doing well with the condition being that the owner is closer to their age so that they can talk more easily!

---

"Boss! Look at us! We're also suppressed by the old farts of our Community. They say that they do everything for us but nooo! All they care about is their comfort, their warmth! And their shriveled BONERS!" Kol raised a ruckus but her words resonated with the green-haired young man with a small space who did not even have a retainer!

"Kol, don't embarrass the community in front of Brother Alchemist!" Trilok scolded with an ugly expression but the green-haired youth chuckled.

"Brother, Sister. I get it..." A bitter look flashed in the young one's eyes, making the two sigh in relief.

This was their third young target. 

The problem with young targets is that they are either poor or young masters from some big place. The two previous ones were the latter, and quite filial at that. Not even letting Kol complete her rant and thrown out of the store!

But this...

"I will take those 50 vials. It's true that such a potion at the price of 50 coral coins is truly a bargain!"

The youth smiled and completed the deal with another pouch of coins tossed into the lightened crate while the remaining trays were handed to the youth. Taking the receipt of the trade, the two left with giddy steps.

"Yes! Trade ship is really the best! I can sell the potion at a good price!" Trilok snickered.

It was true.

He had lowered the price of his concoctions, opting quantity sales and boy did he earn his fill!

Now, the last step of the selling protocol in Trade Ship.

The Laying off of the recipe.

It was quite simple.

The taxes on the sale of the recipe was quite large. This is to demoralize the seller from selling the recipes to the individual alchemists. Instead, if the recipe is sold to the management of the level, there will be no tax and the price is usually fair, give or take a thousand or two.

At the end of the hall was the management office of the level. Unlike the small storefronts, this was quite wide and, well, brilliant!

As they entered the store, the two were welcomed by quite a few retainers. The store itself had quite a number of displayed products but both Kol and Trilok knew that the products on the shelf of the management store were simply the tip of the iceberg.

"I'm here to sell my family's heritage recipe!" Trilok proclaimed as the retainers looked at each other before nodding.

"Please, Sir, Miss. Follow me."

Nodding, Kol and Trilok followed the young man into the deeper office and once they were allowed to enter the room, they saw the manager of the level sitting behind a desk scratching his head with a troubled expression and scribbling against the parchment.

"Uh, take a seat. Place the recipe on the table. I'll give it a look in a minute," he greeted plainly and focused on the task at hand.

4