Chapter 12: Fight!
232 3 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Robbers have Entered!

  • Do something stupid - 29
  • Do nothing and comply with their demands - 15

Chapter 12: Fight!

Like the rest of the people dining inside, Lucas raised both hands and squatted on the floor along with Irene and Alex.

Glancing at the two, they both looked pale and sweat started to appear on their foreheads.

Alex was gritting his teeth, seemingly hesitating whether to act or not.

Lucas noticed his expression and shook his head repeatedly as if telling him not to do anything stupid.

Alex noticed his gaze and sighed.

He also raised both hands and sat down near his sister.

Although he told that to Alex, Lucas was actually about to do something stupid.

The others were normal people. He was different. That's why, if anyone wanted to do something...it should be him.

Lucas started to form a plan on his head.

What were his skills?

[Skills: Heal (A) Lvl 1, Cure (A) Lvl 1, Clear Mind (A) Lvl 1, Heal Sword (P) Lvl MAX]

And his Racial Abilities?

[Racial Abilities: Heightened Senses (P), Danger Sense (P), Wolf Transformation (A), Wolf Howl (A), ?????(P), Dragon's Wrath (A), Dragon's Roar (A), Wrath Flame (A)]

There weren't actually any windows popping up in his vision. Lucas simply remembered his skills and abilities to check what he could do.

Alright, actually, most of his skills are useless...correction, all of his skills are pretty much useless here.

He can't use Heal Sword without a sword...and even if he did, it won't do anything to beat these bunch of criminals.

Thinking that, he could only rely on his Racial Abilities.

Should I...turn into a wolf?...But then, how on earth is he supposed to explain that when the time comes?

Or maybe use Dragon's Wrath? No, that's too dangerous. If he can't control it, he could risk burning the whole building instead!

Dragon's Roar...could be of some use. He can control himself better if it's just this.

Actually, is there a need for that? Wolf Howl should also do the trick.

As a skill, Wolf Howl causes the enemies to be stunned for a few seconds and at the same time, attracts aggro onto himself.

There are six men. Two guarding the exit, Three making rounds to the people as they took their money and jewelry, and one that looks like the leader, overseeing everyone.

Lucas forced himself to calm down using Clear Mind as he simulated the battle in his head over and over.

Who to attack first, what to do next, and so on...

Soon, one of the guys making rounds started to walk to their table.

Plan...start!

"Both of you, close your ears."

"Huh?"

"Just do it."

Lucas spoke in a hushed tone to Irene and Alex.

The two of them looked at each other and covered their ears.

The guy approaching them frowned and wondered what they were doing.

Suddenly, Lucas stood up slowly and removed his face mask.

The criminal paused and raised his firearm while switching off the safety as he felt something was off.

"Hey! Who told you to stand up!?"

At that moment, the other criminals with him turned to look at the commotion.

The instant their attention was on Lucas, Lucas...howled.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!"

[Wolf Howl]!

Although it sounded like a shout to Lucas, to the others, it was as if they heard a wolf howl loudly, causing them to freeze up in reflex.

Using this moment of opportunity, Lucas lunged forward, grabbed the rifle on the closest one to him and used the back end of the gun to hit the guy's head.

Immediately after, he pointed the gun at the leader and immediately fired.

Lucas' DEX was quite high for a player of his level, but it certainly wasn't enough to perfectly shoot a gun he had held for the first time. However, he had experienced trying guns out back in the Tutorial Area where he had fired a few guns in target practice.

Besides, it was enough even if he didn't shoot to kill, injuring the leader was enough.

It took him three shots before getting a hit on the leader at the arm. The other two bullets hit the wall behind him instead.

After injuring the leader, everyone snapped out of it.

The civilians screamed while the criminals quickly aimed at him.

"ALL OF YOU RUN!"

Lucas shouted. He didn't have to worry about the criminals going after them as he had already gotten the aggro of the other criminals.

Using his Danger Sense, Lucas could vaguely feel when he is about to get shot so he was able to barely dodge thanks to his Heightened Senses.

"Fuck!"

"KILL HIM!"

The criminals started to curse when they couldn't hit Lucas.

Suddenly, one of the criminals finally snapped out of it and noticed the fleeing hostages.

Just as he was about to turn to shoot at them instead, Lucas howled once again.

"Ghh!?"

"Shit! What the fuck is wrong with this guy!?"

The criminals started to question what was wrong with Lucas.

The first time could be said as being taken in surprise. But the second time, they clearly felt some unknown force halting their movements and turning their attention to Lucas.

Using this moment of their stun, Lucas aimed at another two and shot them both.

This time, he had a better handle on the rifle and was able to swiftly hit the two.

Four down, two to go.

The only ones left are the ones at the entrance.

The two of them were freed from the stun and were about to shoot back when two figures appeared behind them, smashing a chair on their heads.

Lucas was surprised as he saw Irene and Alex heaving their breaths as they both held chairs in their hands.

It seems that after the two of them ran away, they came back to help Lucas. They saw the situation was dire so they both grabbed the chairs near the entrance and smacked it on the two criminals.

Lucas was about to sigh in relief when he heard a groan beside him.

It was the first guy he smacked with the gun earlier. It seems he was about to wake up.

Lucas couldn't be bothered with him and smacked the gun at his head again. This time, knocking him out cold.

The leader saw all this as he gritted his teeth while holding onto his bleeding arm.

"Fuck! What did you fucking do to my crew!?"

Lucas walked towards him silently.

He grabbed the leader's neck and lifted him up with ease.

Seeing Lucas up close, the leader noticed two pairs of sharp teeth on Lucas' mouth.

There was no way those are human teeth! W-what the fuck is this guy!?

Lucas let out a soft growl like a beast and spoke in a voice on he and the leader could hear.

"You shouldn't have come here while I was about to eat."

Lucas sneered, revealing his fangs in full view.

"Should I eat you instead?"

"H-hiiii!!!!"

The leader squealed like a girl and his eyes rolled at the back of his head.

Lucas heard something below and quickly threw the leader away.

Fuck! This guy actually pissed himself!...Did I overdo it?

However, seeing as everything was pretty much dealt with, Lucas finally sighed in relief.

It was a good thing that everything went well.

Despite his calm act, he was actually very nervous. It was only thanks to Clear Mind that he could calm down somewhat.

At this time, Irene and Alex both walked towards him, clearly curious and intrigued with what just happened.

Seeing them walk close to him, he took out his facemask again and wore it.

"Are you guys okay?"

"...Why do you keep wearing that face mask. Just remove it."

"No."

Irene pouted and rolled her eyes.

Alex chuckled and patted Lucas on the shoulder.

"Good man. I didn't know you could do that. What was that howl earlier? It seems a bit familiar..."

"I-it was nothing...actually, it's pretty embarrassing. I used to do that in a game so I unconsciously did it earlier..."

"Ah! World Gate Online right!? I think that was a Wolf Howl from the Wolf werebeast race! No wonder it felt familiar."

Irene also nodded.

"You're right. I didn't know you can howl like that in real life too! Haha, did you actually practice it secretly?"

Lucas coughed in embarrassment and chose not to refute them.

If he didn't say anything, they will just keep being suspicious which was why he said like that so they would clear their own misunderstandings in their own way.

A lie is better when it was the other side who made it up in the first place.

"Still, that took some guts, Lucas. I respect you. You need anything, just say it!"

"Un! Now I find you more and more interesting!"

"Ha...haha..."

Lucas could only chuckle bitterly at that.

He didn't know if it was good or bad for these two wealthy people to suddenly take notice of him.

But whichever the case, he at least survived through this. It was a win for him.

Although the pay he got from Steve was already transferred to his bank account, the tip he got from Irene was all cash and he didn't really want to let go of that...

It was one thing when he was still poor. But now he suddenly earned his first bucket of gold so to speak, he finds it hard to let go of it even though he knew that it was stupid of him to do so.

I should probably deposit it in the bank when I have the time...

Lucas silently thought to himself.

The next moment, they heard police sirens ringing outside.

Lucas froze.

Shit! What am I supposed to say to the police!?

Should I just run for it? Stay and try my best to explain?

Or...

Lucas turned to Alex and remembered what he said.

Should I use that favor he mentioned earlier?

https://strawpoll.com/3jxcs3uph

14