Chapter 21: Chloe’s Ex
198 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Guys are hitting on the girls

  • Approach calmly and ask the situation - 32
  • Pretend not to see anything and go somewhere else - 3
  • They must be harassing them so quickly stop them! - 2
  • Go home - 2

AN: I initially wrote this a few days ago but a power outage suddenly happened and I haven't saved so....I delayed since I was no longer feeling like writing XD

Chapter 21: Chloe's Ex

Lucas thought for a moment then decided to approach them anyway.

Chloe noticed him and waved her hand while the guys turned their heads towards him as well, giving Lucas a better look at them.

The one talking to Chloe was a blonde guy with blue eyes and a handsome look. Looking closely, he kinda resembled Chloe. Are they siblings?

"Lucas! Let me introduce you to my cousin, Jace. Jace, this is Lucas."

Jace smiled and stretched his hand towards Lucas to shake hands.

"Nice to meet you. It's good to know my cousin had moved on."

"???"

Though confused, Lucas still nodded politely and shook his hand.

At the side, Chloe just rolled her eyes and explained.

"He's not my boyfriend. But I did move on already. I couldn't care less what that bastard is up to now. Also, don't mind him being silent. He won't speak due to some circumstances."

"Haha, is that so? My bad then."

Jace laughed and went back to chatting with Chloe while Lucas went to Mica and the girls who were drinking again at the side.

One of the guys beside Jace stared at him enviously seeing the girls surround Lucas.

"Are we guys as well? How come they only talk to that guy?"

"Haha! Lucas is just popular with girls!"

Lucas heard their conversation and broke into a sweat.

How am I popular with girls...well, I guess it does appear that way...although I'm still single...

Lucas sighed.

The girls around him were indeed pretty but he doesn't know what will happen to their friendship if he were to make a move on one of them.

...Forget it, there's no use thinking about it.

Lucas decided to just let fate run its course. Besides, although he's attracted to the girls, it's just due to their outward appearance and they haven't interacted that much yet to fall in love with them.

Since Lucas thinks of them as his friends as well, he didn't want to hurt them either by casually dating them with half-assed feelings. It wasn't that he was cowardly of being rejected, but simply a sign of respect towards them.

If they are meant to be, then it won't be too late by then.

As the group chatted amongst each other, the girls also began to speak to the other guys a few times and they were all in a good mood.

Suddenly, another group intruded on them.

"Oh? If it isn't Chloe. It seems you moved on rather quickly huh?"

"What do you want, asshole?"

Lucas turned to look and saw a guy with short red hair with two girls in his arms approach them.

Seeing Chloe glare at him, Lucas thought that this guy must be her ex. Well, he certainly looks like a playboy.

The asshole laughed.

"Haha, don't be like that. No matter what, the two of us were once connected to each other."

Chloe grinded her teeth in anger.

"Get out! You and your little bitches are banned from this club from now on!"

"Hah? That's funny, you think you can just kick us out?"

The asshole sneered.

"I own this club asshole. If I can't kick you out, who can!?"

"You own this place?"

The guy blinked in surprise. It seems he didn't know about it until today.

Suddenly, he laughed.

"Hahaha! Bitch, I knew you were rich! No wonder! You started up this club to look for guys to fuck huh? Hahahaha!"

Lucas and the group frowned, unable to take it anymore.

Jace was about to stand up and punch the asshole but Lucas beat him to it.

Lucas' hand grabbed onto the guy's neck and raised it up high!

"W-what are you-!!!"

Without activating the skill, his anger had triggered the Dragon's Wrath skill and an intense killing intent focused on the asshole and his group.

Instantly, the whole place became silent.

Although the others weren't the target of his killing intent, they could still feel that suffocating feeling as if their own necks were being grabbed as well.

Lucas snapped out of it and instantly used Clear Mind onto himself to gain a small bit of clarity back.

He let go of the guy who then fell to the ground while pissing his pants in fear.

Lucas frowned and raised his foot.

The next moment...

A pair of balls were smashed!

"A-aa-aaaaaaaaaahhhh!!!"

Lucas wasn't finished.

He raised his hand and sent two slaps onto the guy's face.

*Slap*Slap*

Two crisp sound resounded in the silent club and a few teeth shot out from the guy's mouth along with some blood.

"W-w-wha-"

Lucas grabbed him by the neck again and brought his face next to his ear, speaking in a voice that only he could hear.

"The next time you appear near her again...I will break all your limbs next!"

"H-hiiii-!!!"

The guy screamed pathetically as he was able to catch a glimpse of the two sharp fangs in Lucas' mouth.

T-this guy isn't human! He's a demon!

As soon as Lucas let him go, he didn't care about anything else and rolled out of the club while still leaking piss and blood from his pants.

Lucas snorted and sighed. He turned around to see the shocked look on everyone's face...along with fear.

Ahh...I guess I went overboard...

Lucas sighed and turned around to leave. As long as he's present, the mood in the club wouldn't turn better. It was best to leave now.

After leaving, he went to a convenience store, bought a mask silently, before hailing a taxi to return home.

Just as he was about to head inside the taxi, a familiar voice shouted from the side.

"Lucas!"

Chloe ran towards him while gasping for breath.

"...Chloe...I'm going back home...sorry for ruining the mood back there."

"N-no. it's fine...everyone's going back home too...can I...come with? My place is not far from yours anyway."

"...Sure."

Lucas hesitated for a moment before nodding.

The two of them sat at the back of the taxi silently.

After telling his address, the taxi began to move and they fell silent once again.

Soon, Chloe spoke up.

"Do you mind hearing my story?"

"Sure."

"It was after I graduated...I met that guy in the bar and we hit it off pretty good. I was used to talking to guys with their sweet talks but...that guy was different. I don't really know why...he just felt like the 'right guy' for me at the time."

"..."

"He wasn't always like that you know? Before, we were in a good relationship...we hang out a lot, and laughed a lot. I didn't let him take advantage of me at first. Only after a few years into our relationship, I finally accepted him..."

Chloe revealed a sad smile as she reminisced about her past.

"...What happened?"

"It seems he found out I had a lot of money...I gave him a bit of money since he asked for it...I mean, I really thought he would be the one I'd marry so I didn't mind but...I found out that he's been using the money for gambling instead."

Chloe sighed.

"After finding out about it, I told him to stop gambling since he would only lose. He didn't listen and we started to argue about it. Soon, I found out that he's been sleeping with other women too...so we broke up."

"I see..."

Lucas sighed.

What happened to Chloe was quite pitiful and Lucas knew that this can indeed happen to most women. It was just his first time having a friend who experienced such heartbreak.

Not knowing what to say, he can only console her.

"Don't worry about it. Guys like him aren't all there is in the world. I'm sure you'll find someone better for you. You might even thank that asshole as you were able to find someone better than him."

Chloe smiled but didn't look happy.

"Will they still like me if I'm no longer pure?"

Lucas rolled his eyes.

"Please. If they can't even see past that, then they aren't worth it. Besides, I hear that statistically speaking, most girls already lost their virginity in high school or something. It would be hard to see one still pure at your age."

"Mii and the others are still virgins though."

"...Seriously?"

Chloe lightly smacked him at the head.

"Look at your face, what exactly are you thinking huh?"

"I wasn't thinking anything! I don't really mind that stuff..."

Chloe laughed. And this time, it was a genuine smile.

"Is that so?"

Looking at her expression, Lucas wanted to say something else but stopped himself.

He didn't want to break her mood now that she finally smiled properly.

Soon, they reached Lucas' apartment and the two of them got out.

Chloe looked at the apartment and asked.

"Why are you still staying in such a small place? You can just move in with me to the headquarters. That place is still better than this."

"Well, forget it. I'll go when I join you guys."

"Fine. Goodnight then."

"Goodnight."

Lucas waved his hand and went inside the building.

Chloe smiled and watched his back for a while before leaving as well.

After drinking a glass of water in his apartment, Lucas went to bed and logged into the game once more.

He reappeared in the same spot he logged out earlier and looked around.

Seeing as that weird girl and her party wasn't around, Lucas sighed in relief and left the spot to look for another Vambrace Horned Bear.

Soon, Lucas killed his fourth horned bear for the day and finally his level 50.

"Status."

[Name: Lucas]

[Race: Werebeast (White Wolf), ?????]

[Level: 50]

[Class: Healer]

[Title: ?????, World Traveler, Lieran's Apostle]

[Racial Abilities: Heightened Senses (P), Danger Sense (P), Wolf Transformation (A), Wolf Howl (A), ?????(P), Dragon's Wrath (A), Dragon's Roar (A), Wrath Flame (A)]

[Skills: Heal (A) Lvl 12, Cure (A) Lvl 7, Clear Mind (A) Lvl 19, Heal Sword (P) Lvl MAX, Healing Light (A) Lvl 2, Curing Light (A) Lvl 1, Lieran's Blessing (P) Lvl MAX, Warrior's Bless (A) Lvl 5, Meditation (P) Lvl 3]

[STR: 150 | VIT: 132 | INT: 67 | DEX: 50 | SPD: 54 | LUK: 16]

[Free stat points: 35]

From level 43 to level 50. Lucas gained 7 levels just killing four level 100 Vambrace Horned Bears.

Lucas thought for a moment and added all points to INT this time.

Actually, no...adding all to INT will result in 102...

Lucas decided to leave it at 100 and just place the excess 2 points to LUK instead.

[INT: 100 | LUK: 18]

Lucas smiled and nodded in satisfaction.

He could've added 1 point to SPD to make it 55 but then he will be left with an excess of 1 point which he can't place anywhere.

If he put it to VIT, it will be 133...which doesn't look good...the same with LUK if it will be 17...

Anyway, it was better to put 2 to LUK so it will still remain an even number!

After feeling satisfied with himself, Lucas left the area and returned to the village to get his class advancement.

When he reached the temple, a familiar person greeted him.

"Lucas! Over here!"

"It's you!"

It was the same young guy who had changed his class to Healer before. Agerad!

Agerad smiled at him and asked.

"You are here to get your class advanced right? Place your hand on this orb!"

Lucas stared at Agerad suspiciously.

Previously, this guy gave him the Heal Sword skill and even knew his name without him telling it.

"Who exactly are you? And how do you know me? Also, how do you know that I will get my class advancement today?"

Lucas had previously visited the temple before but this guy isn't found anywhere.

Now he's getting his class advancement and he appears again as if knowing about it already.

"What are you saying? I'm Agerad! Ah, did you meet that old baldy?"

Old baldy?

Is he talking about that guy who gave him a ridiculous quest?

"Hmm...then I suppose it's alright if I tell you. Come with me, this isn't the place to talk."

Agerad smiled and walked towards the back of the temple.

Lucas frowned but still followed him as he was curious what all this was about.

At the back, Agerad tapped onto the brick wall here and there and suddenly, the wall split and revealed a path.

Lucas was speechless.

Are they about to enter Diagon Alley? Wait no, this isn't Harry Potter.

Still, seeing the secret path in front of him made him hesitate.

Should he really be following this guy into the unknown? What if he's actually part of some weird cult and they do something to him?

If this was just a game, Lucas would've followed without hesitation as it could be a secret quest or something.

But he knew full well that this isn't a game world but a real one existing somewhere in the universe...

Just the Dragon's Wrath thing is causing him problems even on Earth. Who's to say he won't get another weird skill that will be dangerous to use?

So...should he go in? Or not?

https://strawpoll.com/4pf8q7ddg

Discord link that I keep forgetting to put: https://discord.gg/qCekbFf

8