Chapter 23: Class Advancement
190 3 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A Goddess appeared!

Continue to tease the Goddess - 14

Get straight to the topic - 10

Ignore the Goddess - 1


Chapter 23: Class Advancement

Overcome by a strange unknown feeling within him, Lucas decided to continue to tease the Goddess Lieran.

He looked at her up and down and asked.

"Are you sure you're the Goddess of Healing and not the Goddess of-"

"Beauty? My, how flattering~"

"I was gonna say Love with how inappropriate you look...you know, there's a saying in our world that nurses can't dress inappropriately so as to not cause any kind of reaction from their patients that may worsen their condition...frankly, I don't know if that is a fact or not but it seems its not the case here if the Goddess of Healing looks like you."

Lucas shrugged, making Lieran speechless.

She opened her mouth to say something but didn't know what to say.

Finally, she snorted and a bright light covered her body, creating clothes that hid more of her skin unlike before.

"There! You happy now!?"

"What? Why did you do that? I'm not your patient anyway so I rather enjoyed the previous outfit..."

"Y-you!!!"

"Alright, enough nonsense. You, explain what do you mean about me being a Hero. That's ridiculous!"

"..."

After having his fill of teasing the Goddess, Lucas stopped paying attention to her and asked Agerad who was still speechless along with Lieran.

"Hm? Ah, right."

Agerad coughed once to clear his throat and returned to his usual smiling expression.

"Actually, we are still not sure if you are this prophecized Hero. Simply put, you are a 'candidate' so to speak. There are many others like you. Since no one knew who will be the Hero other than the fact that he/she supposedly came from another world, various powers and kingdoms would choose their 'own' Hero and support him/her by giving them unique classes, weapons, skills, or equipment."

No one minded the pouting Goddess at the corner of the room who was muttering to herself.

Lucas nodded in understanding.

Simply put, these are the various 'hidden quests' that the players talked about to gain 'hidden classes' or special skills and items...

Lucas frowned at the fact that everything seemed laid out already in order to make this world seemingly 'game-like', making Lucas wonder if this was all intentional or not.

If this was a novel, would this be a foreshadowing?

Lucas chuckled at the thought.

"So in other words...your group chose me to be your 'Hero', is that it? Why me?"

"I am only acting on behalf of our Goddess."

Lieran's eyes shone as she felt that she would no longer be ignored. But before she could say anything, Lucas asked.

"Which Goddess?"

"ME!!!"

Lieran started to cry.

"Huhuhu! Even though I'm a Goddess! Even though I'm a Goddess!"

"..."

Lucas saw the Goddess drawing circles on the ground while crying and chuckled.

"Alright fine. Let's say you're the Goddess-"

"I AM ONE!"

"Yes yes. Now, why me?"

"..."

Lieran glared at Lucas angrily and pouted.

"I'm not telling anymore!"

"I guess you're not a Goddess after all..."

"No! I'm a Goddess! The reason why I chose you is because he-..."

Suddenly, Lieran's expression froze.

Lucas frowned and asked.

"He? Who? Someone told you to  make me your apostle?"

"N-no! That's not it! I made you my apostle because I chose you!"

Lucas' eyes narrowed.

Suspicious. Very suspicious...

"Then tell me why you chose me."

"I uhh...I just picked you randomly!"

"..."

Lucas imagined a Goddess rolling for gacha, only for him to be pulled unexpectedly!

[***** Lucas!]

...Wait, am I a 5 star character? I think I should be 4 stars at most...what is this, World Gate Impact?

Lucas shook his head to get rid of the nonsense in his brain.

"You're lying. Tell me."

"I can't!"

"Ah, so you are lying!"

"Uuu...A-anyway! Just know that from now on, my temple will have your back no matter what happens! Even if you go massacre whichever Kingdom that goes your way, I, the Goddess of Healing, will back you up!"

"..."

Lucas was speechless.

How come...this didn't sound right?

So I'm just allowed to do whatever now?

Why? As a Goddess of Healing, she should be aligned to good. Yet she's speaking of massacre as if it's justifiable if I were the one to do it...why?

Lucas was deep in thought.

Earlier, she slipped up 'he'...best bet is that someone told her to choose me as her apostle. And for someone to order a Goddess like that means that this Goddess is afraid of 'him' to a certain extent...

So much so that she would even side with me if I commit an evil act such as massacre?

But why? Who is this person? What does he want with me?

Is it because of the World Key? Or is it something else?

Lucas looked back at Lieran's face while still thinking.

If this person is indeed 'higher' than a Goddess like her and that she's afraid of that person...then I guess she wouldn't be able to easily give out a name or hint.

I don't really know how Gods and Goddesses work in this world. Are they omnipotent? omniscient?

Is 'that person' also listening in on this conversation of ours even now?

Lucas sighed.

Whatever. I'll just act as if none of this ever happened and just keep it in mind...nothing changes with my goal anyway and I don't have any reason to be this 'Hero' person.

Might as well just reap the benefits at least.

"Fine, I'll stop prying about this. Now tell me what benefits I can get."

"Very well. First, let's advance your class as promised. Since the Goddess is here, she can do the honors instead."

Agerad smiled and gestured at Lieran.

Lieran sighed in relief and smiled as well, returning to her usual holy demeanor.

Looking at her, it was as if she was a being that can easily look down on humans as if they were ants.

Lucas' face twitched in irritation when he saw that as he didn't feel comfortable by it.

*Slap*

"Kya-!?"

"Why are you acting all high and mighty for!?"

Lucas slapped her butt which simply looked like it was begging for it.

Instantly, the atmosphere around Lieran changed back and it no longer felt as uncomfortable.

"Uuuu...I-I can't help it! This is the aura of a God! I naturally must have the atmosphere of one when performing rituals like this!"

"No need for that, just advance my class already!"

"..."

Lieran was speechless.

Who would have an apostle like this!?

Why can't her apostle be like the War God! She was such an obedient child compared to this one!

Lieran sighed.

If it wasn't because of 'him'...but that's fine. After all, 'he' is...

Lieran started to smile giddily which made Lucas take a step back.

"Y-you...are you a masochist? Why are you laughing so creepily!?"

"I-I'm not! Hmph!"

Lieran pouted.

Just you wait...

After fooling around here and there, Lieran finally advanced Lucas' class.

[You have successfully advance your Class to Messiah.]

[You may now upgrade your healing skills upon reaching a skill level of 20]

[Skill: Holy Water gained.]

[Skill: Holy Cross gained.]

[Skill: Messiah's Sacrifice gained.]

[Skill: Longinus gained.]

Lucas blinked at the skills and couldn't recognize them from reading in the forums. The class is also a hidden class as expected.

Lucas opened up his stat window to have a look.

[Name: Lucas]

[Race: Werebeast (White Wolf), ?????]

[Level: 50]

[Class: Messiah]

[Title: ?????, World Traveler, Lieran's Apostle]

[Racial Abilities: Heightened Senses (P), Danger Sense (P), Wolf Transformation (A), Wolf Howl (A), ?????(P), Dragon's Wrath (A), Dragon's Roar (A), Wrath Flame (A)]

[Skills: Heal (A) Lvl 12, Cure (A) Lvl 7, Clear Mind (A) Lvl 19, Heal Sword (P) Lvl MAX, Healing Light (A) Lvl 2, Curing Light (A) Lvl 1, Lieran's Blessing (P) Lvl MAX, Warrior's Bless (A) Lvl 5, Meditation (P) Lvl 3, Holy Water (P) Lvl 1, Holy Cross (A) Lvl 1, Messiah's Sacrifice (A) Lvl MAX, Longinus (P) Lvl MAX]

[STR: 150 | VIT: 132 | INT: 100 | DEX: 50 | SPD: 54 | LUK: 18]

[Free stat points: 0]

He then read the descriptions one by one

[Holy Water (P)]

[Lvl 1]

[Description: Increases crafted potion effects by 5%.]

Lucas was surprised.

5% increase of effect at Level 1? What if he levels this up further? Will it reach 100% effect increase? Or even more?

It seems he must pick up Alchemy as well aside from Tailor. Otherwise, this would be a waste!

[Holy Cross (A)]

[Lvl 1]

[Description: Creates a cross made of light that will halt a target's movement for 2 seconds and receive Holy damage per second.]

This skill is also good and useful.

Lucas nodded satisfied.

[Messiah's Sacrifice (A)]

[Lvl MAX]

[Description: Take upon an ally's damage onto yourself! As long as you're alive, no one would die! If you die while using this skill, your allies will get an overall increase in stats by 50% while your enemies will get an overall decrease in stats by 50% for 3 days!]

"..."

Lucas was speechless.

Is this...a skill of a Healer class? Why does it look like a skill for tanking???

Also, the buff and debuff effects are too great after dying!

Although...it does make sense considering that this is also a real-world and people who had used this skill in the past were all people with only 1 life!

If you think of it that way, this was indeed a great way to sacrifice oneself...

Lucas wondered if there will come a time where he'll use this skill...

[Longinus (P)]

[Lvl MAX]

[Description: When wielding a spear, there is a 1% chance of instantly killing an enemy even with the slightest of scratches!]

"..."

This skill is just absurd.

...And Lucas doesn't even use a spear in the first place.

He already had a sword skill that would heal people instead of killing them...and he mainly uses his fists to fight...now there's this spear skill that will have a 1% chance of insta-kill.

Actually, he even has skills that are similar to a berserker and a tank...

Thinking of all those, Lucas could only chuckle wryly at himself with how weird his skills were even though he didn't mean for this to happen...

"Well...anything else I should know about?"

"That's about it. Make sure to keep this badge so the people of Lieran Temple will recognize you."

Agerad smiled and handed him a cross-shaped badge.

"With it, you can at least access the teleportation circles within the temples for free. Ah, but you would still need to pay if you want to get more skills. The temple still needs to earn some money after all."

"...Fine."

Lucas rolled his eyes and accepted the badge.

"If there isn't anything else...I'll be leaving now."

Lucas sighed and turned to walk out of the room when a gentle voice called out to him from behind.

"Lucas."

Lieran called out, causing Lucas to pause and turn.

"You don't need to be a Hero really...just do what you've always done. That is enough. What's important is that you stay safe. Know that I will be watching over you in this world and help you as much as I can."

"...Are you a voyeur? Don't you have anything better to do?"

"Hmph! Who're you calling a voyeur!? Besides, what else have I not seen..."

"...Huh?"

"N-nothing! Anyway, I'll be leaving now too! Goodbye!"

"..."

Lieran left so suddenly which caused Lucas to be speechless once more.

...What did she mean by earlier? Did she already see me naked!? But I don't think I've been naked in this world yet???

Lucas sighed and shook his head.

"Ah, come to think of it...in the end, who are you?"

Lucas asked Agerad just as he was about to leave the room.

"Hm? Haven't I told you yet? I'm the Archbishop of the Lieran Temple, Agerad VII!"

"..."

Lucas couldn't get shocked anymore though.

After leaving the temple, Lucas ate a simple meal and went to the Nine-Tailor Shop to learn the art of tailoring.

As soon as Lucas entered the store, something immediately went crashing towards him!

Think fast!

https://strawpoll.com/4epkz2xfr

Sorry for the delay. I've been busy with a lots of things.

Just to inform you guys as well, I've handed out my resignation and will soon be a jobless person. So what does this mean? There are two things that may or may not happen.

  1. I might get serious with the patreon thing and advance chapters. https://www.patreon.com/imbreak
  2. I may simply write a whole lot of chapters cause I have free time now

Or everything may remain the same as always XD Anyway, would appreciate if you guys donate small chump changes if you can, but no privilages for it yet other than being able to suggest a few things for this novel and your suggestion would be 'greatly' considered by me XD

That's all.

Now, CHOOSE!

10