Chapter 25: Ranks
498 4 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Answer

  • I'll try my best - 14
  • I won't let you down! - 13
  • Are you crazy!? - 1
  • ... - 4

Chapter 25: Ranks

"I'll try my best."

Sakuna nodded at his response.

The two of them then continued the training session without minding the time.

Before Lucas knew it, it was already nighttime.

It could be said that although Lucas wasn't an absolute genius, he was still able to create a stable amount of Rare Plus ranked equipment, failing only 2 out of 10 times.

Upon logging out, Lucas thought for a moment and wondered.

"Can I...also create Spirit Equipments here?"

Lucas looked at his plain shirt and thought it might be worth the try.

He then proceeded to order a bunch of cloths and tailoring equipment online. At the same time, he posted some of the R+ equipments he made in an online market to sell it for some money.

Although Lucas has some money now and isn't broke, it was still better to save up more money when he can.

In fact, he didn't even bother changing his residence since he was mostly in the game nowadays anyway. There was no reason for him to spend more on a house that he won't be 'living' in much.

Maybe when his savings are stable and high enough, he would buy a house to relax in from time to time. But now, it wasn't necessary to him at all.

The following morning, Lucas received the orders he made last night.

Since he was rather impatient to try it out, he had splurged a bit for express delivery.

Once he got everything inside, he didn't even bother with his breakfast and immediately started tailoring.

He started with a basic black shirt and completed it in a few minutes.

Then...

"...Damn, I forgot there aren't any window popups here for me to see the rank of the equipment...in that case, how do the people from that world know the ranks of an equipment?"

Lucas thought for a moment and tried to gather mana in his eyes in a whim.

He actually wasn't expecting anything out of it and just thought about the various animes and mangas that he read so he tried it.

Suddenly, his vision seemed to be filled with vibrant colors!

Lucas already had Heightened Senses as a passive racial ability so his eyesight was already good before. But now, it was even greater!

It isn't just the clarity and the high definition of images he could see, but there are also the unsees 'auras' of everything.

He looked at all the furniture in his house and could see there was a faint white aura around them.

He then looked at the shirt he just made and saw that it had a green aura with a hint of golden glitters around it.

It was the only one with a different colored aura from the others.

Lucas thought for a moment then looked at his World Key.

"Rainbow?"

Right, its aura had a colorful prismatic aura!

"Does these auras define the ranks?"

It was the only explanation he could think of.

Lucas then remembered something and went to his bedside.

"Where did I put it...ah, there it is."

Lucas fished out a rusty sword which he had initially gotten along with the World Key at the beginning.

He never did get to check the description of this sword in the first place.

"Let's see..."

He gathered mana in his eyes again to look at the sword.

???

The next moment, Lucas rubbed his eyes and looked at the sword one more time.

???

He then walked to the bathroom calmly and washed his face a few times before looking at the sword another time.

"...It's purple? And there's those gold glitters around it too..."

Lucas had previously deduced that the colors might pertain to an equipment's rank. Then those gold glitters he saw on the shirt he made might be an indicator that it is Spirit Equipment.

Then...how come this rusty sword is purple with gold glitters too?

Using his knowledge of various games, usually the color rankings would be white, green, blue, orange, purple, gold, prismatic...of course, there are a lot of variations too.

With this logic, the shirt that he made might simply be a piece of Uncommon rank equipment. That he could still accept.

But with this logic...does that mean this rusty sword is a Legendary rank weapon!? A Spirit Equipment too at that!?

"...Maybe purple is Uncommon and Green might be Rare?"

Lucas tilted his head then shook it.

"Forget it, I'll just ask Sakuna."

There was no use just speculating about it when he can ask an expert instead.

After quickly eating breakfast, Lucas logged in once more and found Sakuna to ask.

"Hm? You mean you haven't been using Magic Eyes to look at an equipment's rank?"

"Well, I'm using something similar. I'm just curious how others can do it."

Lucas thought in his mind.

The Status windows are also similar to Magic Eyes anyway right?

Sakuna took a puff on her pipe and explained with a smile.

"It's easy. Common ranks are white, Uncommon are green, Rare are orange, Special Rare are gold, Legendary are purple."

"..."

So it was indeed a Legendary...

Lucas sweated.

Damn! Why is my Legendary sword stuck in Earth instead of here!? If I had it here...

Lucas could only sigh in regret.

But then he remembered his skill Heal Sword.

...Forget it, I have a Legendary Sword but when I use it, it can't be used to kill at all...

Lucas didn't know whether to laugh or cry. But since this was the case, he no longer felt as bad as before.

He can just treat it as an over glorified sharp stick...

"And how about Spirit Equipments?"

"You should see golden dust around the equipment which contains a Spirit."

"If there is a Spirit Tailor...is there also a Spirit Blacksmith? Do they also have living spirits like your kimono?"

Sakuna's eyes shone as she heard his question.

"...Judging from your questions, did you perhaps see a Legendary Spirit Weapon?"

Lucas froze.

Should he tell her? But what if she asks where he saw it? He can't show it to her anyway since it's in another world!

Although he could probably use the World Key to transfer it...but he didn't want to use the key yet until he is strong enough.

Who knows if there is some kind of device that will alert others or something the instant a World Key is used? What if he suddenly gets abducted by aliens? What if there was an accident and he was sent to another foreign world?

Lucas, who had read a lot of mangas, novels, and watched many animes, and movies, was aware of all the so-called 'plots'!

As long as there was even the slightest possibility that it could happen, he won't do it!

Screw you author!

Imbreak: ....

Sakuna saw his hesitation and smiled.

"Forget it, everyone has their secrets. But to answer your question, yes. There are indeed Spirit Blacksmiths. In fact, I know of someone with this profession. But as far as I know, he already has a disciple."

Lucas quickly shook his head.

"No no, I'm not interested in becoming his disciple! I was just curious!"

Although Lucas said that, the idea of becoming a Spirit Blacksmith also interested him.

But in his opinion, if he can just learn normal smithing, he can just incorporate what he learned as a Spirit Tailor and do the same while smithing.

Then...he should also achieve the same effect right?

Lucas thought about trying it in the future.

Sakuna giggled when she saw Lucas shake his head in a panic.

Lastly, Lucas asked.

"Suppose that someone did find a Legendary ranked Spirit Weapon...how would they know if it has a living spirit or not?"

"Unless you are its maker, the spirit won't show itself until it finds you 'worthy'. Basically, you would have to gain its recognition and respect."

Lucas thought about the rusty sword which he had left at the corner of his bed and ignored for a long time...

Thinking that he would need to gain its recognition, he can only smile wryly and shake his head.

It seems it would take a while before that can happen. He could at least start treating it better from now on...

"Alright, if you're done with your questions, shall we continue then?"

"Ah, yes please!"

Lucas continued his training with Sakuna until the afternoon.

When Lucas was able to make Rare ranked Spirit Equipments with ease, Sakuna nodded and said.

"Your skills are good now. But I'm afraid you won't be able to create higher-ranked equipment without better materials. Go out and find your own materials. I want to see a Special Rare rank Spirit Equipment by the end of the month!"

Lucas looked at the date and sweated.

Previously he didn't check it...but there were only 5 days until the end of the month!

Sakuna smiled sweetly.

"If you don't produce one by the end of the month...you can look forward to your punishment~♡"

"..."

Lucas immediately ran out to find better materials to use!

He looked at his status first before deciding on where to go.

[Name: Lucas]

[Race: Werebeast (White Wolf), ?????]

[Level: 50]

[Class: Messiah]

[Subclass: Spirit Tailor]

[Title: ?????, World Traveler, Lieran's Apostle]

[Racial Abilities: Heightened Senses (P), Danger Sense (P), Wolf Transformation (A), Wolf Howl (A), ?????(P), Dragon's Wrath (A), Dragon's Roar (A), Wrath Flame (A)]

[Skills: Heal (A) Lvl 12, Cure (A) Lvl 7, Clear Mind (A) Lvl 19, Heal Sword (P) Lvl MAX, Healing Light (A) Lvl 2, Curing Light (A) Lvl 1, Lieran's Blessing (P) Lvl MAX, Warrior's Bless (A) Lvl 5, Meditation (P) Lvl 3, Holy Water (P) Lvl 1, Holy Cross (A) Lvl 1, Messiah's Sacrifice (A) Lvl MAX, Longinus (P) Lvl MAX, Spirit Tailoring (A) Lvl 15, Spirit Sense (P) Lvl MAX]

[STR: 150 | VIT: 132 | INT: 100 | DEX: 50 | SPD: 54 | LUK: 18]

[Free stat points: 0]

Since he had only been practicing tailoring after advancing his class, he didn't get to level up yet and is still at Level 50.

However, with his skillset, and his Elegant Lizardian equipment set of R+ ranks, Lucas was confident that he can still solo higher-level monsters.

Lucas narrowed his choices to three hunting areas he can get materials.

Mount Greeas - Monsters contain Lvl 70 Ground Boars, Lvl 65 Earth Worms, Lvl 60 Chimera Ants - All monsters can provide decent materials for him to use.

Sred Forest - Monsters contain Lvl 90 Hollow Treants, Lvl 85 Fire Fang Wolves - The difficulty is a bit higher but the wolf pelts and fangs of the Fire Fang Wolves are also decent materials. He can also make use of the Hollow Treant's bark to create some unique equipment...

Crest Coast - Monsters contain Lvl 60 Sand Demons, Lvl 55 Three-Clawed Crabs - This is is easier to hunt and he has heard of the strong protective properties of the Three-Clawed Crabs which might be worth the shot.

https://strawpoll.com/uwbfkox2c

Some news to you all! I have officially spent my last day of work yesterday and am now a (unemployed) free guy!

In another news, Free Guy is also now showing! See what I did there? XD Can't wait to watch it when its available for stream XD If cinemas are open, I would watch it there but...well, covid.

Anyway, see ya next chap!

7