Prologue Part 2
125 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I felt a rush of ecstasy envelope my body as I activated curse eater, resisting the urge to moan I focused on the new window in my vision.

Curse eater activated

Scanning for curses

Scan complete: 57 active curses found

Curses consumed.

Updating skills and blessings

Hard cap reached for multiple skills and stats, unable to increase further. Excess energy sacrificed to ???????????????????

Skills and blessings updated

Every new line of text sent wave after wave of pleasure throughout my body as the skill took effect, looking at my stat sheet the differences were not small.

Name:

Enora

Age:

18

Class:

Saintess 

Sub Class:

(Paladin) (War Maiden)

Stat

Base

Total (in addition to bonuses + equipment)

HP

100

9999 + 0

Stamina

60

9999 + 0

Mana

499

9999 + 0

Strength

30

9999 + 0

Defense

30

9999 + 0

Wisdom

384

9999 + 0

S-Defense

499

9999 + 0

Agility

20

9999 + 0

Luck

3

100

Skills:

Curse eater (U+++) (Active) LV-

Devour (U+++) (Active) LV-

Holy light (SS) (Active) LV10

Angelic Dawn (SS) (Active) LV10

Rain of Light (SS) (Active) LV10

Arrow of the Saintess (SS) (Active) LV10

Holy Missile (SS) (Active) LV10

Meteor Rain (SS) (Active) LV10

Ice Gods Tundra (SS)(Active) LV10

Gaia’s Rage (SS) (Active) LV10

Tidal Force(SS) (Active) LV10

Sword arts (SS)(Passive) LV10

Revive (SS) (Active) LV10

Heal (SS) (Active) LV10

Greater Heal (SS) (Active) LV10

Mass Recovery (SS) (Active) LV10

Holy Aura (SS) (passive) LV10

Spirit sense (U++) (Passive) LV10

Blessings:

Blessing of ???????????????? (Passive)

Titles:

Agent of ???????????????????

Equipment:

none

Current afflictions:

none

 

Skill Name: Curse eater (U+++) (Active)

Effect: Consumes all curses/cursed items afflicting the user and converts it into primal energy, energy consumed after curse eater is activated will be reallocated to stats and abilities until their respective caps are reached. Any primal energy left over after stat reallocation will be sacrificed to ??????????

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

 

It’s a good thing my face is buried in this fools back because I have no doubt I’m making quite the face right now. I can feel it. From the tips of my fingers and toes to the ends of my hair, pure uncaged power just waiting to erupt at the first opportunity, so this is what the stat cap feels like, looks like luck won’t go higher than 100 though, fair enough, can’t get everything you want can you. I stop grabbing his shirt and move my hands along his sides, to others it probably looks like I want to hug him. It’s taking everything in my power to not burst out laughing right now but I have to hold it, grabbing his waist I position my hand right above the hilt of his sword and as a result my shoulders and arms are shaking right now as I try to hold back the laughter.

“There’s no need to cry my love, a new life of happiness and bliss is waiting for us.” This idiot actually thinks I’m crying tears of joy? Slipping out of my grip the so called hero turns around and faces me but can’t help and stare at me in shock when he does.

Grabbing the god killer from his waist, I feel sword arts activate and perform a simple thrust aimed at his chest. Still in shock at seeing my current state the hero fails to react in time and gets his own sword shoved through his chest, no doubt my improved stats played a huge part. An explosion of pleasure erupts from all over my body and I unintentionally let out a moan as I drive the bastard sword through armor flesh and bone, and as the Dragon forged Mithril blade sinks into his flesh I lean in next to his head and whisper, “So that’s what an orgasm feels like.”

“Gak-” choking on his own blood the hero tried to say the name of a skill while wildly flailing his arms in the air to no avail, with my new stats this is like a child trying to resist a bodybuilder.

I hold the blade aloft while still impaling him, I know from experience that this isn’t enough to kill this resilient bastard so I might as well try out my new skill.

“Just die already you fucking pig, {Devour}.” Dark red flames engulf my body as the words leave my lips bathing the entire throne room in red, I can feel the flames as they move, condensing and forming a mass of tentacles at the base of my feet.

The tentacles of flame slowly creep toward the panicking hero and completely cover him. Almost instantly his body turns to ash, keeping him alive only long enough to realize that the small timid girl who followed at his heels and served his every need had struck him down.

“Aaaahn!” As his body disappears, another wave of pleasure hits, this one so intense it causes my knees to buckle and I’m left gasping for breath and orgasming uncontrollably on the floor.

“Devil!! Kill her!!! Kill Her NOW!!!” the Pope screams at the top of his lungs and the hundreds of priests in attendance open fire Launching spells at me. BOOOOOOM, BOOOOM, BOOM, BOOOOOM, Still helpless on the floor there was nothing I could do to avoid or block the incoming attacks but none found their way to me.

The demon lord, now out of her disguise and revealing her true form, a yellow eyed, red skinned demon with what looked like ram horns growing out of her forehead and a set of bat like wings extending from her lower back, wearing a revealing jet black nightgown that perfectly matched the colour of her hair stood in front of my convulsing body and turned her head after blocking the numerous spells that came my way and spoke, “In return for freeing me from that accursed skill I will stand with you for as long as I draw breath.”

 “Tha-thanks” I managed to get out in response as another orgasm causes me to almost bite my tongue.

“What’s wrong? Did that skill you used have some sort of backlash?” the demon lord looks at me and asks with a concerned face.

“Cant….Haa haaa aaahhnnn! sto-stop cu-cumming”

“Pffffffft” the demon lord’s shoulders shake as she tries and fails to hold back her laughter while defending me, soon an unbridled laughter filled the throne room as she deflected spell after spell flung towards us and started returning her own.

Chaos took over as those in attendance realized that the current demon lord was rampaging in the heart of the castle. Seeing no spells working the Pope clapped his hands together and started muttering something.

Startled by the sudden turn of events the puppet king scrambled out of his throne as dozens of armed guards surrounded him and start escorting him behind his throne, most likely toward a secret passage or something that only the royalty know about.

The priests on the other hand where falling one after another while being overwhelmed by the demon lord, screams of agony filled the air following her assault. “Can you move yet? The Pope is up to something fishy and there’s a reason my forces have never breached this castle. We should defiantly make our escape.” The demon lord yells while decapitating a guard a few feet away from me.

Finally the waves of pleasure died down enough for me to respond, “I can’t leave yet, I have business in the dungeon that needs attending.” Standing up I notice for the first time that I am completely naked. Curse eater must have gotten rid of every cursed thing I had on my body, but really Pope? even my underwear was cursed?

Seeing my reaction at noticing my nakedness the demon lord snaps her fingers and a simple black dress pops into existence covering my body. “Thanks.” I couldn’t help but feel joy seeing the chaos unfolding before me, taking note of my surroundings I notice that the eastern princess and freed slaves had joined the fight alongside the demon lord, killing palace guards and priests left and right while they defended me in my helpless state. The blonde bimbo had disappeared with her father and Misha was still in a state of shock after witnessing me suddenly get naked, impale the hero then turn him to ash.

Curious about what devour did, I take a look at my stats,

Name:

Enora

Age:

18

Class:

Saintess 

Sub Class:

(Paladin) (War Maiden)

Stat

Base

Total (in addition to bonuses + equipment)

HP

100

9999 + 0 + 5342 (D) 23:58:43

Stamina

60

9999 + 0 + 5342 (D) 23:58:43

Mana

499

9999 + 0 + 5342 (D) 23:58:43

Strength

30

9999 + 0 + 5342 (D) 23:58:43

Defense

30

9999 + 0 + 5342 (D) 23:58:43

Wisdom

384

9999 + 0 + 5342 (D) 23:58:43

S-Defense

499

9999 + 0 + 5342 (D) 23:58:43

Agility

20

9999 + 0 + 5342 (D) 23:58:43

Luck

3

100 + 5342 (D) 23:58:43

Skills:

Curse eater (U+++) (Active)LV-

Devour (U+++) (Active)LV-

Holy light (SS) (Active) LV10

Angelic Dawn (SS) (Active) LV10

Rain of Light (SS) (Active) LV10

Arrow of the Saintess (SS) (Active) LV10

Holy Missile (SS) (Active) LV10

Meteor Rain (SS) (Active) LV10

Ice Gods Tundra (SS)(Active) LV10

Gaia’s Rage (SS) (Active) LV10

Tidal Force(SS) (Active) LV10

Sword arts (SS)(Passive) LV10

Revive (SS) (Active) LV10

Heal (SS) (Active) LV10

Greater Heal (SS) (Active) LV10

Mass Recovery (SS) (Active) LV10

Holy Aura (SS) (passive) LV10

Spirit sense (U++) (Passive) LV10

 

Blessings:

Blessing of ???????????????? (Passive)

Titles:

Agent of ???????????????????

Equipment:

The Godslayer

Current afflictions:

none

 

Skill Name: Devour (U+++) (Active)

Effect: Temporarily adds the mean stat value of the target to all stats of the user, Duration 24hrs. ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

 

‘Well shit. And I thought I already reached the stat ca- BY THE GODS EVEN LUCK!?’As the fight progressed I saw the effect of my new stats on full display. The palace guards and high ranking members of the church, hardened veterans who’d fought hundreds of bloody battles in their day where simply no match for me, with every casual swing of the god killer dozens fell and with every life taken the flames on it and myself grew hotter and brighter. The flame tentacles at my feet obeyed my every command, consuming body after body as I cleaved and burnt my way toward the Pope. Every attempt to slay me was ineffective and even when their attacks hit me the damage was negligible. Soon the pristine white floors where stained red and littered with mangled corpses, scattered limbs and smelt of burnt flesh.

The remaining priests and guards, seeing the slaughter taking place where filled with a sense of dread as they encircled the us in an attempt to protect the pope while he finishes casting whatever he was preparing.

“It’s probably not a good idea to let him finish whatever he’s doing,” the demon lord commented after letting off a pale green fireball toward the Pope, only to have one of the priests launch himself into its path to stop it before it had even gotten halfway there.

“Agreed” the eastern princess answered, “I’ll make a path, one of you finish this.” Before anyone had a chance to respond she took off, a cloud of blood, gore and severed limbs followed her as she carved a bloody path toward the Pope. I followed close behind her, all the while getting bathed in the bloody aftermath of her assault. I could taste the blood of the fallen priests and guards on my lips as I got showered in it and I have to say……….. It’s the most delicious thing I’ve ever tasted in my life.

I watch as the princess comes to a stop right before the steps leading up to the Pope, muttering something under her breath a blue aura surrounds her and her sword, gripping her katana with both hands, she raises the blade above her head as the aura grows and forms thousands of spectral humming birds that surround her and start flying forward, dive bombing as they aim toward the same spot as the tip of the blade, bringing it down the blade hits an invisible shield that halts its movement for a moment before shattering and letting the blade continue its path, the blade moves down before hitting another layer and snapping in two when it tries and fails to repeat its success, the humming birds follow shortly after, exploding as they hit the shield one after the other, managing to shatter another four layers before there where none left. I can see the Pope’s tense expression start to ease when a pale green fireball from the demon lord flies overhead and impacts the final layer of the shield, shattering it. Watching the fear filled expression that’s creeping on to the Pope’s face, I can’t help but flash him the biggest toothy smile I can muster.

“Can’t have you finishing that spell now can we.” I feel no resistance on the blade as I swing and sever his clasped hands, eliciting a blood curdling scream that almost made me cum again.

“AAAAARRRRGGhhh!!!Mo- Monster!!! Demon!!! Devil!! You’ll burn in hell for what you’ve done you ungrateful wretch!” the Pope screams at me while waving his handless stumps in the air.

 “Monster? The only monster here is one of your own making Pope. If I didn’t have more pressing matters to attend to I would have loved to have taken my time to kill you, but alas I’m on a tight schedule.” Chopping off his head before he had any chance to respond, I turn around to see the remaining guards and priests on their knees, swords and staff’s on the floor in surrender after I finished off the Pope.

Seeing this sent a wave of rage through my body. “{devour}” I raised my hand and the flame tentacles obeyed my command, hundreds of them slithered between the priests and palace guards kneeling on the floor before engulfing only the priests in flames, the symphony of agonized screams that rang out in the throne room filled my heart with joy.

“The rest of you can run away now.” The remaining palace guards wasted no time in leaving after I gave them permission. “You guys should probably take Misha and get as far away from here as possible.”

“Your unfinished business in the dungeon?” Asked the demon lord.

“Yep, killing that fool and freeing us came at a price.” I answered.

“Let me guess, probably some forgotten god that wants you to perform a ritual for them?” the demon lord responded with an annoyed expression.

“Yup, that’s what it looks like.” I respond.

“Ugh, always the same thing with deities, idiot is probably going to go on a rampage after you’re finished here. {Gate}” A large, blood red portal opens and the demon lord turns to face the other girls in the room and continues, “You guys are probably the most wanted people in this kingdom right now, the demon kingdom can offer you safe asylum for as long as you need it.”

“I’ll go with you.” The eastern princess speaks up.

“Me Too.” The dark elf chimes in.

“Same.” The catkin adds.

The only one still quiet is Misha who’s currently giving me a death stare. “I don’t expect you to understand why I did what I did, I just hope that one day you will and when you do, that you’ll find it in your heart to forgive me for not doing it sooner.”

“{Sleep}” the eastern princess places her hand on Misha’s head and Misha falls gently into her waiting arms. “Don’t look at me like that, this is far easier than trying to convince her to come with us.”

Before stepping through the portal the demon lord turns to me and speaks, “there’s always trickery when dealing with gods, don’t let that fucker fool you. I wish you luck Saintess, may we meet again. In this life or the next.”

“Time to get to the dungeon, now where the hell is that entrance.” I say aloud to myself, enjoying the freedom to finally do so of my own free will.

No need to look for an entrance,” the mystery voice interrupts my musings.

“Oh? Speaking to me again are you?” I reply speaking out loud. Anyone watching will probably think I’m crazy though, whatever, as if a blood soaked girl lugging a bastard sword around isn’t already strange.

It took a lot out of me to give you those skills and blessings. I had to rest. Free me and I’ll show you what real power looks like.”

“So? How do I get there?” probably a secret passage or something.

“Just smash floors and follow the threads until you reach the goal, your physical strength should be more than enough for the task” the voice replies as if it’s the most obvious thing in the world.

“Smashing floors, of course.” Looking at my body again, I see that all the black threads that where connected to me are gone. “Huh? Where did all mine go?”

Your threads disappeared when you used curse eater.

“So the threads are active curses and curse eater ate mine? Why are they all connected to this one spot?”

Not just curses, the threads represent any effect that comes from an item made using the crystal below. Curse eater is just a name, it’s more accurate to say that the skill absorbs any magic that leaves a trace. So hexes, curses, buffs, blessings, nodes in a spell circuit, all of it. And turns it into pure power.” 

“And all those items are somehow connected to this crystal? and what? You’re trapped inside it?”

No not trapped inside it, I am the crystal. The spell you’re about to do will turn my body back into flesh.”

“For the record, I know that you’re probably lying to me right now or at the very least telling half-truths but we both know what happens to people who break contracts with gods. Ill recite your little chant and let you go on your rampage but only because I want this kingdom to suffer, not because I actually believe I’m simply giving you your body back.”

I smashed through 7 floors before I had to start ignoring Spirit sense due to the overwhelming amount of black threads obstructing my view. As soon as I did I was greeted by a massive metallic door. “Is this the place?”

Yes, my crystal lies on the other side of this door.

A few quick slashes later and the door was in pieces, that’s when the smell hit me. The same smell that was on the Pope and the upper echelon of the church, the same smell that clung to the hero as we traveled throughout the continent. The thing about spirit sense is that you can never truly turn it off, it’s called sense for a reason, you can ignore part of the information it gives you but not all of it. And I chose to ignore sight.

That sword is quite powerful isn’t it.” 

“What do you expect from something called the god killer?” I shrug my shoulders and walk through the entrance, “wait, shouldn’t there be a bunch of guards in here?”

The idiot king called all his available guards to his side for protection, you have about 5 minutes before his arch mages complete the spell they’re preparing. After that even if you tripled the stat cap you wouldn’t stand a chance.”

“Whatever, just makes our job easier.” As we enter I see the two story high 20 meter wide jet black crystal surrounded by lit braziers sitting in the center of the room. The smell was overwhelming at this point and I was forcing myself not to think about it.

“So that’s your body?”

Yes.

“And after completing the chant, it’ll turn into flesh and you go on your killing spree?”

Also yes.

“So what happens to everyone wearing things made from this when you wake up?”

Nothing, those items will lose all magical properties and cease functioning.”

“Understood. Oh! Just one more thing, what are you the god of? From what I’ve seen, you must be extremely powerful right?”

“Yes I am quite powerful, but I’ve stated this already, let us start the ritual.”

“Yes, yes, but just help me understand something first, by my understanding a god gains power when an action that aligns with them is performed within his domain.”

“Yes this is true,  get to the point girl. My patience wears thin.” The voice replies in frustration.

I start walking toward the crystal as I speak, “My ability spirit sense is a strange thing, you see it lets me notice things others don’t. As you’ve seen today with the black threads but it has other little perks too, like how I can smell the stink of gods when someone has a blessing from one of them. I’ve memorized the stink of all the gods worshiped on this continent, or at least that’s what I thought.”

“What are you getting at girl!?” the voice growls.

“I know what you’re the god of.” I reply, only to be met by silence. “You should really answer me, because I’m starting to think I might want to test out this swords name.” I try speaking to him again.

Blessing of ????????????????  - deleted

Title: Agent of ??????????????????? - deleted

Skill: Devour - deleted

Skill: Curse eater – deleted

Reallocating stats: Please wait

“Oh Fuck no!” I launch myself toward the crystal in an effort to strike it before my stats change.

Stats successfully reallocated.

A/N: Cant say ill miss ya Mr stat box, bye~

It’s good enough though, the Godkiller is already rocketing through the air and has more than enough momentum to finish the strike. The moment the blade touches the crystal I’m Blinded by an extremely bright white light.

 


 

Waking up I’m met with the bespectacled face of a wood elf woman dressed in typical guild receptionist clothing. “Good, you’re awake. Now try not to panic after I tell you this but right now you’re a floating ball of light, essentially just a soul.”

“What happened to me?” I have no idea how I spoke without a mouth but I managed to do it anyway. Looking (if you can call it that) around Im on a round table of some sort surrounded by a white void and the faces of people I don’t recognize.

“It seems that you’ve died my dear, this is sort of a pit stop for you before you move on to your next life.” She replies in a gentle voice

“Enough of this. Why did you bring a soul here with you anyway? This is no place for a mortal.” In contrast to the nice receptionist lady a short fat elderly man wearing a strange round hat spoke as if his words where a matter of fact.

“As much as I dislike agreeing with my brother, he’s right. this is no place for mortals.” An elderly woman with a wholesome feeling about her, in the middle of knitting a scarf chimes in.

“I’m sure she has a good reason, Well Do you?” A cloaked figure sitting next to a massive sword that looked like it had flesh growing out of it defends the receptionist elf.

“Ok, so there was this minor god in one of my worlds and he set up a spell with some pretty insane activation requirements. He needed a connection to millions of lives, he needed to be directly on top of a mana nexus and had to have a tainted virgin complete the final step. If he succeeded, I would have had to spend the next few million years doing damage control. This one stopped that from happening.” The receptionist explains and points toward me with her last sentence.

“And? Why haven’t you reincarnated her yet? Made her royalty or something as a reward.” A beautiful black haired woman wearing a white kimono with 2 swords on her waist asks as she picks me up and inspects me. “This soul is pretty tainted for a virgin. That’s quite a body count you have young miss.” She licks her lips and gives me a smile, hm? Maybe being eaten by her wouldn’t be so bad? As if in response to my thoughts her smile widens.

“That’s where it gets tricky, that god got pretty close to achieving his goal so when he died the backlash from the failure of his spell infused her soul with divine energy.” Fidgeting with her fingers the receptionist’s voice lowers to almost a whisper, “I can’t reincarnate divine souls yet…”

“Don’t worry young one, the ability will develop naturally. Give it another few millennia and I’m sure you’ll get the hang of it.” The elderly woman rubs the receptionist back as she comforts her.

“In that case it’s probably not a good idea to put her back in your Omniverse, the natural laws might take her for a god and that’s not good for anyone involved.” the short man states.

“I’ll take her! I’ll take her!” A little girl holding a strange orange plush toy that looks like some king of lizard jumps up and down excitedly as she exclaims her intentions.

""No."" All those in attendance say in unison and the little girl stops jumping and dejectedly hangs her head.

“this actually lines up perfectly with the first issue we have to discuss,” a middle-aged man who looks like he’s from the eastern continent dressed as some kind of chef chimes in.

Raising an eyebrow the short man responds, “The table is yours Ichiraku-san.”

Nodding he continues, “We have completed the construction phase of the G.F.R program and are ready to move on to testing. Originally we intended to test the soul of a mortal from one of the dreamer worlds but I think one infused with divine energy would prove to be a much better stress test.”

“Stop!” the receptionist elf yells, “I just said she helped me and now you want to use her as a guinea pig!?” her eyes glow green and she growls as she continues, “Does my gratitude count for nothing!” motes of green light fill the air and blades of grass start sprouting from where Im guessing the ground is in this white void because honestly I can’t tell if there even is a floor.

“Calm down,” He raises both of his hands in surrender, “I simply meant we have another option on our hands, the G.F.R worlds are designed to house souls that have been tampered with by  genies, so letting one keep past memories as a reward would be child’s play, even one with foreign divine energy stuck to it.” Seeing the elf calm down he continues, “or as previously recommended we can wipe her memories and make her a princess or something.”

“I can take her, My Omniverse has no issue containing divine energy, holy or otherwise.” The cloaked figure chimes in, offering to take me. I still can’t see his face but he sounds sincere-ish? “The choice must however, be hers.”

The cloaked man turns toward me, followed by the rest of the people sitting at the table waiting for me to give an answer, “um, can I ask a few questions?”

“Go ahead,” stopping the short man from speaking with a wave of her hand the elderly woman looks at me with a smile, “ask away.”

“So my options are to keep my memories and go to something called a G.F.R world, or get reborn without them and grow up a princess or something correct?”

“Seems that way yes.” The elf responds to my question with a slight bow and a regretful smile on her face.

“What exactly is a G.F.R world?” I ask, directing the question to no one in particular.

“G.F.R stands for Genie Fallout Reallocation,” the cloaked man answers, “Long story short, Genies have a habit of disguising themselves as gods and granting wishes to people after death,” holding up his hand and raising a finger he continues, “they also like turning into something called a truck and forcefully dumping people into one of Sylvana’s worlds.” Gesturing to the receptionist elf and raising a second finger he continues, “another thing they like to do is give foolish rulers the means to summon people from one of the dreamer worlds, I believe that’s the type you encountered?” raising a third finger he looks at me, I can barely make out the grey eyes peering back at me from under his hood but it feels as if he’s looking through my entire life and even trying to hide anything from his gaze would be futile. “Anyway, no matter how it happens whatever world they end up in gets sent into disarray. Apocalyptic events, degradation of sanity experienced by the original inhabitants, the destruction of entire multiverses, the list goes on. In theory a G.F.R world would intercept whoever the genie targets and place them in a world capable of handling whatever cheats or abilities they might have wished for, whether it be through the forceful suppression and destruction of these wishes or simply placing them in a world where those wishes or cheats wouldn’t amount to much.” Extending his last two fingers a translucent sphere appears above the palm of his hand, the sphere looked far from perfect to say the least, more like a patchwork leather ball than anything else, but to spite looking like a toy peasant boys would play with it exuded a sense of majesty unlike anything I’d ever seen.

At this point the man called Ichiraku-san chimes in, “A G.F.R world contains the essence of multiple worlds and realities donated by those you see around this table, all the worlds that make up a G.F.R world have experienced an apocalyptic event caused by either natural events or by genie interference and serves as a sort of amalgamation of its parts, very similar to the originals but with a completely different history and more stable than any naturally occurring Omniverse. If testing proves successful the G.F.R world we put you in should form its own cluster of multiverses, eventually reaching the size and capacity of a naturally occurring Omniverse itself.”

“Omni-what? I didn’t get most of what they said but from what I understand if this G.F whatever thing works, bastards like that so called hero will be a thing of the past right?” I ask Sylvana, she seems to be the one most concerned about my well being.

 “Yes,” Sylvana nods, “They’ll still exist but they won’t hold as much power as before, and their actions will affect far fewer innocents.”

“The choice is simple then isn’t it? Ill test the G.F whatever for you, mainly to fuck up the day of anyone else like that disgusting bastard, plus keeping my memories is a nice bonus too. I’ve seen how royalty conducts themselves and the thought of becoming someone like that brings me more fear than going to a possibly unstable world.” I answered, for some reason I felt like I had to explain myself when I did but the feeling passed as soon as it came.

“Seems like a good choice to me, any opposed?” the black haired woman asks and no one replies in protest. “Good. Now shall we move along with business? I have a tall chocolate milkshake to go drain, and you guys are holding me up.” she tosses me toward the cloaked man and asks the rest of the group.

“Carry on without me. I appoint the presence as my proxy, take his words as mine concerning any important issues.” The cloaked man stands from his seat and picks up the enormous sword resting on the side of the table. He slashes the air and steps through the blue tear in space that appears.

As we exit the rift I can see that the sky somehow looks cracked and even though I can’t breathe I know the air is foul and inhospitable. Surrounding us are massive building’s taller than anything I’ve seen in my entire life, all of them are half destroyed and rubble litters the ground around them.

‘Am I getting reborn into this world?’

“No this is just a pit stop.” the cloaked man answers as soon as I have the thought.

‘Can this guy read minds?’

“Yes I can.” The cloaked man answers

‘Well can you maybe turn it off, or at the very least ignore my inner monologue, I have a habit of doing those.’

“Apologies, when it comes to souls it’s hard to tell the difference between thoughts and words.” The cloaked man takes off his hood revealing an extremely handsome middle aged white haired man giving me a gentle smile, I probably would have been blushing if I wasn’t just a soul.

“Where are we anyway?” I ask.

“This is a dead world inside my Omniverse, here to pick up something for you.” He answers my question and tosses me up, I come to a stop next to his head and float alongside him as he walks.

“How does an entire world die?” I ask as we make our way through the empty streets

“Some worlds just don’t work out, it might be because of one reason, maybe millions but sometimes they just die. This world in particular just turned toxic out of nowhere, even the demons and angels died out. I haven’t figured out why yet but I’ll have the answer eventually, almost there.”

As we turn the corner what I can see are two skeletons seemingly locked in battle, as if someone propped up and positioned them like this to be an art piece. One skeleton is standing in a horse stance, in his hands is a katana that has a black, white diamond lined grip coupled with a black scabbard, looking as if he’s about to perform a quick draw. While the other looks like he’s dashing forward and about to deliver an upward slash with what looks like a double edged long sword that has the forward facing edge curving outward to form the guard

“These are for you.” Yanking both swords away the skeletons clattered into a heap on the floor. Waving his hand over the blades they turn grey, he then holds them close to me before they turn into motes of light and start orbiting around my soul, “you’ll be able to summon them at any time once you get the hang of it, although you will have to give them new names if you want them to reach their full potential.”

“Why are you giving me these?” even without knowing about these weapons I can tell that they’re both extremely powerful.

“Well normally someone in your situation would have a cheat of some sort, Giving you these evens the scales a bit, without them it would be a lot harder to survive in the world I’m sending you to.” he answers.

Opening another rift in space he looks at me and asks, “Are you ready?”

“I guess.”

“One more thing, although you will be allowed to keep your memories when you get reborn, your memories of everything you’ve experienced after death will disappear shortly after your birth. The things you’ve learnt in the void would only get in the way of you living your new life to the fullest.” He then snapped his fingers and everything went dark.

5