Chapter 16: Sort of a Date
376 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The class was over, I hurriedly fixed my things in my bag and prepared to leave. The teacher finally dismissed the class, students began to leave and others began cleaning. I was about to walk out the room as well, but I stopped as soon as I reached the door. I waited for you to leave your classroom first. When you walked out the room, I heard you talking with your friends, something about going to an arcade. I was excited for a moment, its a good place to bump into you without any suspicion. However, you mentioned that you're gonna buy food in the market and one of your friends is going with you. I was irritated at your friend, having you to himself. You walked off with your friend, but I waited for a moment before following you. 

 

I reached the bottom of the building, I saw you standing just outside the school. You seem to be waiting for someone, I'm curious as to who it is. Suddenly, you looked back. I immediately hid myself in the building, worried that you probably saw me. I peeked back out, and I saw that you were gone. I walked quickly towards the school exit. I didn't see where you went, but I headed for the market anyway. I mentally prepared myself in order to blend myself with the people while I watch you. I took a shortcut through an alleyway so that I can get to the market before you do.

 

I finally arrived at the market. I overheard that you're buying dinner, so I went to the vegetables' section. After a few minutes, I saw you arrive at the entrance with your friend. I walked normally over the sections and pretended to look for something to buy. I really expected you to go to the vegetables' section first, but your friend tugged you to go to the food stalls. I'm slowly building my anger towards that friend of yours, how dare he comfortably drag you somewhere you don't want to be. In spite of that, I kept my eye on you, only you. Your friend bought some crepes while you only bought a few mochis. I don't know why, but the cuteness in your simplicity always gets me. After getting your foods, you and your friend walked back near the entrance and sat on a bench. While waiting for you to finish eating, I decided to explore the market for a little bit.

 

After wandering around for some time, I saw your friend stood up and left, which gave me relief. I thought you'd finally go inside to buy things you need for dinner, but you sat still in the bench. Suddenly, I got the urge to sit right next to you. But I must hold myself, for I should not act recklessly. You were sitting for a while, now, without any sign of standing any time soon. I cannot help myself any longer and just walked towards you. I'm feeling very nervous, but I tried my best to compose myself. I walked in front of you and sat on the other bend of the bench. I put my bag down and pretended to be a little exhausted. Knowing you, you'd probably keep quiet. But surprisingly, you spoke to me.

"Hey, do you want this crepe? Don't worry, its not dirty or anything."
"Oh..uhm....are you..sure?"
"Yeah, its fine. My friend gave it to me, but I'm already full."
"Oh...I-..uh...I see. Thank you."

I slowly took the crepe from your hand as you give it to me, both to be careful in holding it and to feel your hands more. It was a strawberry crepe, which is my favorite. It was such a perfect moment, having to touch your hands while giving me my favorite snack. I almost turned as pink as the strawberry, but suddenly, you stood up to leave.

"Well, then. I will take my leave now. I have to buy dinner."
"Oh...I-..uh....can I go with you? I'm also looking for...uh...something to eat....later."
"Uh...yeah, sure. You can join me."
"O-...okay, thank...you."

 

I got carried away, I couldn't help myself. Thankfully, I managed to kept myself to seem like a shy, normal girl. I followed you as you enter the market. As I predicted earlier, you went straight to the vegetables section. You grabbed some onion chives and snap peas, then walked to the meat section. You took a cheap, packed steak and left, I was wondering what you were gonna make. Then you walked over to the noodles section. You carefully looked through the section for a while.

"H-hey..uh...did you find what you're...looking for?"
"No, not yet."
"Oh..uh....what are you...trying to find?"
"Packaged udon noodles."
"Oh! I think I saw some over here. Come with me."

I immediately grabbed your hand as soon as I said that. It took me a moment to realize what I did, but I kept walking. Suddenly, while you were following me, you knelt to the ground and groaned in pain, and I got worried.

"Hey, are you okay? Are you hurt?"
"No, its fine....I'm fine."
"Are you sure?"
"Yeah, its nothing. It just happens sometimes, don't worry."
"Okay, then."

I lent you my hand to help you up. As soon as you stood up, you looked at me in the eye. I was worried that you might recognize me, which I've always tried to avoid. But at that moment, I really wanted you to look at me. Suddenly, you closed your eyes and held your head in pain again. I was scared of what's happening to you, but then, as soon as you recovered from the pain, you're expression suddenly went cold. Your face was emotionless, as if you were a different person for a second.

"Ah, I'm sorry if I made you worry. I'll be going to the counter now."

You walked off so suddenly, as if you forgot that you were with me. I stood still in confusion, I never thought that it was like this. I remember seeing you get a headache, then recovering from it like it was nothing. Now that I got a closer look of how it actually goes, you just became even more mysterious.

12