Chapter 3: Must be so lonely
3.8k 2 57
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jin Huang arrived at the stream, he placed the little fox down to his right side, and knelt down. His eyes staring down at the stream and no sign of any fish or anything else inside of it. He picks up the little fox, stands up, and starts following the stream all the way to a lake. No sounds of any fish or anything else inside of it.

‘Maybe in this world the only living animal is a small fox.’ Jin Huang thought and he gently rubs the fox’s soft white fur. ‘Poor little one must be so lonely being all by himself.’

‘Why is he crying?’ The fox demon was confused, he looked at the lake, and frowned to himself. ‘Does he find this lake to be so ugly that he sheds tears over it. Should I destroy the lake?’

“It will be okay. I’m here, little fox. You won’t be lonely anymore.” Jin Huang whispered and a few tears fell onto the small white fox. He wonders what will happen to this little fox once he is gone or perhaps he will be forgotten by this small creature. Well it would be best if he were forgotten then the fox wouldn’t know what it would be like to have someone around thus wouldn’t feel sorrow about it.

“I wonder if you find it boring here.” Jin Huang muttered to himself and then kisses the fox on the cheek. The fox demon felt a bit stunned being kissed on the cheek and briefly wondered if this human would still kiss him if he wasn’t in his animal form. Jin Huang lets out a little laugh, smiles, and his eyes looking at the lake. He was debating whether or not to swim around in it.

-

The four men and one woman in the villa are pacing around none of them having the appetite to eat anything. The men and woman gave out only their code name not their real name: Lady, Glasses, Muscles, Gamer, and Professor.

“Do you think she will be vicious?” Lady asked in a whisper, trembling, and her dark green eyes looking at the sealed-up bathroom. The woman had died last night was just a simple pure hearted NPC. Someone so simple and pure shouldn’t turn into a vicious ghost, right?

“Not like we chopped her up into little pieces or anything.” Glasses replied firmly and the other three men nodded in agreement. Lady bites down on her lips, body shaking, and she doesn’t feel completely sure that it was the best idea to put the NPC corpse into the bathtub, but didn’t speak up.

‘I could have saved her, but why bother she was only a NPC.’ Muscles thought and he did not tell the others how the death of the NPC could have been avoided if he had grabbed her to provide her from falling down the numerous stairs.

“Lady this is just a game in the end. Besides it’s not the end of the world if we end up being killed only that our paycheck will be pretty low.” Professor stated calmly and he brushed over the fact being killed in this game will be incredibly painful. He looked at the expressions of the other players, they are a lot younger than him, and seems like they didn’t read everything in this work contract.

“I’ll cut up some fruits. We have to keep up our strength and all.” Gamer commented before going into the kitchen and he figures no one else is in the mood to eat any meat.

-

In the end Jin Huang decided against swimming in the lake after all the weather is a bit chilly. He found it a bit odd that he doesn’t feel hungry, but decided that he should eat and decided to go pick some berries with the help of the little fox. If the berries are no good then this smart little creature bites him and little by little he learned what the berries that one can eat look like after quite a few lessons from the fox.

‘If I wasn’t here this silly human would have died countless times over from food poisoning.’ The fox demon thought as he watched Jin Huang and listening to the human humming happily to himself while picking the berries. If Jin Huang had went to the villa there would be plenty of good food. He wondered how this human would react to ghosts, but in the end the fox demon decided against summoning any ghosts here for what if this silly human died of fright? It would be such a waste.

"Here are some berries for you, little fox. Thank you for your help." Jin Huang said cheerfully and decided to start feeding the fox by hand. The fox demon briefly wonders if this human is this friendly, cheerful, and happy to humans. "You are the best, heh."

Hope you all have been enjoying (^_^)/

57