System Points
101 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Introduction: System Points, or just Points for short, are the currency that the system uses. They are actually made out of an intangible ethereal material called Quintessence. Quintessence is the material that holds the soul of a being together, so it would not scatter. The stronger the being is overall, the bigger and stronger the soul needs to be, and the more quintessence would be required to protect the soul. Upon the death of a being, the quintessence scatters, and the system collects it.

Uses: The most common use for points is to upgrade yourself. Whether it be through refining, evolving, or mutating, all of these can increase the base of your being to a whole new level.

Another common use is upgrading existing skills.

There are two other uses for them. One is to form items through the item shop, and the other is the system inventory. Both of these are rare, especially the inventory, as most beings only have common user privileges. Only very rare cases, such as descendants of a god or champions of a god would have access to the inventory function.

Methods to gain: There are 2 orthodox ways to gain them.

The first and most straightforward one is to kill things. The stronger the being you kill, the more points you can get. However, there are restrictions from the system on killing beings. For example, if a lvl 1 entity kills a lvl 0 entity of the same size and quality, then the points received would get reduced severely, sometimes until it becomes negligible. A lvl 2 entity that kills a lvl 0 entity of the same size and quality would receive no points for it. This is a measure placed by the system, to make sure strong beings don't massacre weaker beings.

There are, however, exceptions to the rule. For example, if you get swarmed by weaker beings, then the system might consider raising the points gained from killing them, up to their original value.

Another example is killing giant beasts such as elephants. Their true worth might reach all the way to 100, to even 1000 times the worth of a normal human. If a lvl 1, or even lvl 2 kills a lvl 0 adult elephant, he might receive the entire point value from it. Naturally, it is only after the system factors all the risk factors together.

There is also something called Purity of the kill. If a strong creature helps a weaker creature, directly or indirectly, kill another creature, then the points gained might be heavily or entirely attributed to the strong creature. Partying up with a group of equally powerful creatures might distribute the points between the creatures, depending on their contribution. When in an army, many of the points transfer between the soldiers of the unit, although, of course, most of the points go to the highest contributors, making the vanguard usually earn the most points. Using advanced weapons or killing powerless creatures will also affect the purity of the kill. For example, killing a handcuffed prisoner using a gun will reduce the point income by over 95%, even if the said prisoner is overwhelmingly more powerful than the killer.

The second method is through quests. Either the system or an administrator god can issue quests, some of them including point rewards. It is not a sustainable source of revenue, however. Quests can only be issued by the whims of the system and the gods. As for where the system and gods get the points from? There are so many unclaimed points out there, that the system doesn't even know what to do with them, to begin with. In the case of the gods, they have no use for them, and believers that die would transfer 10% of their unclaimed points to their patron god. Quests are exclusive, unless said otherwise, and cannot be transferred to another, although others can help complete it.

There are also 2 unorthodox methods.

One is an equal contract with an entity from the same plane of existence. In this way, either side can transfer points freely to the other party without any restriction. However, there are clear disadvantages to such a method as well. First, both sides will share an unbreakable soul link, one that would stay for all eternity. Second, if one side dies, then the other would soon follow. Third, one party can transfer points to the other party only when their general level is equal or greater than the other party. Fourth, only a single equal contract could be formed in a lifetime. Fifth, both parties are in equal standing, and that means that violent arguments could lead to a bad end.

The other is familiar contracts with entities from other realms of existence. This is a far more lenient but expensive method than the former. For more information on it, please check the Familiar contracts Chapter. (Not implemented yet.)

Point hoarding: Many entities tried to hoard points due to the system's restrictions on strength. They can then simply use all the hoarded points and rapidly advance in level. However, the system has a way to prevent that. After each level up, the system would use all the points saved up for a chance to get unique skills and/or attunements.

However, it is only that, a chance. The more points you have hoarded up and the lower level you are, the greater the chance, and the stronger the skills or attunements might be. An entity might even develop one without any points too, albeit, usually weaker and at a lesser chance.

Most entities would actually prefer not hoarding points, as doing so means that it delays its evolution process. Only those with powerful backing, those with inborn powerful skills, or just plain daredevils, would attempt such a thing.

If someone hoarded points and died before he could use them, then the hoarded points would go to the system and patron god.

 

Exceptions: Point gain without restriction can only be achieved through a few methods:

  1. Being a system creator or being allowed by a system creator, removing the gain restrictions. There are only a few such existences in the multiverse, and they all don't have an interest in points, so they don't bother.
  2. Snatching points forcefully from the system's grip. This is a very difficult feat to achieve, almost nigh impossible. It not only needs incredible power but also the ability to see, interact, and store the quintessence. However, once you actually do that, the system would blacklist you, and you would be on your own. It might even issue a bounty on you through quests.
  3. Having an innate ability to generate quintessence. An incredibly rare unique skill that even in the multiverse, few accounts have been recorded about it. However, in most cases, it is purely auxiliary, and couldn't fully support the advancement to the demigod level.
  4. Not being system affiliated in the first place, and having the ability to gather and store it from others. However, as the main realm of existence is governed by the system, it is a fool's errand.
  5. Killing creatures that are still not indoctrinated into the system removes all point restrictions and removes the purity of the kill rule. You will get the full worth of the kill even if your own contribution is small.
6