The Reunion
25 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Wade was quite bored. He had finished all that was on his mind. The only thing left was Second World Online until his phone rang.

"Hello, Wade Raze here."

"It's Hal. Didn't you mark this day on your calendar? It's our high school reunion. You still coming or what?"

"Yeah, I'll be right there. Give me 5."

"Alright, you better get here fast, the party's already starting."

"Cya."

Wade slid the phone in his pocket, wore a casual black t-shirt and black jeans before sliding both of his Colt King Cobras into his back pocket.

He slipped on his overcoat before calling a taxi.

"Where are you going, good sir."

"Y'know this hotel, right here?"

Wade showed the taxi driver the map on his phone.

"Yeah, I know it. I'll get ya there at full speed."

"I'll pay you extra if you get there in less than 4 minutes."

"Bet."

Wade sat back and buckled his seat belt then signaled the taxi driver to start driving. He put on some music and set a timer for 4 minutes before closing his eyes.

A few minutes later, the taxi driver arrived at the hotel with 18 seconds to spare.

"Here's a $30 tip for getting here quickly. I'm in a hurry."

"Thank you very much, friend."

Wade shut the taxi's doors after he left and walked into the hotel. He had never used a hotel in his life and it was quite interesting to see such a  magnificent lobby compared to his tidy small apartment.

He walked up to the receptionist and asked her where the high school reunion was taking place. She pointed toward a room on the far left of the lobby.

Wade walked up to the door and looked at the sign.

[Lovitt High School Reunion]

[Do not enter unless you are invited by a friend or host of this event]

He pushed open the door and walked into many people in suits drinking varieties of drinks with a dance floor and a stage behind it.

"So Wade, how is it?"

Wade turned to see his old friend Hal with an above-average looking lady beside him.

"It's quite nice for a high school reunion. But I didn't know I was supposed to wear a suit."

"Oh, no you didn't have to. It's just that many of us did."

"So, how have you been Hal."

"Hmm, ever since you left our club and joined the army, we haven't been doing so well but we got through it better than before."

"That's good to hear."

Wade was genuinely glad that Hal and his other friends got through their difficulties and got benefits because of it.

"We even got our own company now. Tell me, Wade. Do you have a job? If you don't, we can hire you and even give you above-average pay."

"I have a job, don't worry about me. So tell me, who rounded up this entire high school reunion."

"You remember Wendy?"

"That friendly girl who helped everyone with math?"

"Yeah her. She called practically everyone and invited them to the high school reunion. Speaking of Wendy, I don't see her here."

Hal looked around but didn't find what he was looking for.

"Oh, I haven't introduced this girl here. She's my girlfriend and her name's Sophia."

"Nice to meet you, Sophia."

"Nice to meet you, Wade."

Hal reentered the conversation as Wade and Sophia introduced themselves.

"She's quite shy so I'll take over the conversing for now."

He laughed as he patted Sophia on the head.

"Hello?"

A loud voice sounded behind Wade and he looked back to see Wendy on the stage.

"Since it seems that everyone has gotten comfortable here, I'd talk to everyone about why I arranged this high school reunion. Many of us used to be friends and as high school ended, some of us separated. This reunion has the purpose of connecting everyone here. Now that my welcome speech is done, I welcome everyone to this year's high school reunion."

After she ended her speech, Wendy received a round of applause from her fellow classmates.

Wade didn't clap as he thought this class reunion was a waste of time. He wasn't friends with half of the people here so why should he be.

"Yo, Wade. Long time no see."

Wade punched left without even looking who it was. He already knew. The well-known bully of the high school years. Jason. He knew martial arts before Wade ever knew any so he was able to beat Wade up thousands of times.

As soon as Jason was punched, everyone gasped. Jason had a bloody nose and was lying on the floor glaring at Wade.

"You motherfucker. I just said hi and you punched me? You'll pay for that."

Jason stood up and punched Wade.

Wade sidestepped and grabbed Jason's arm with his right while front kicking Jason and letting go of his arm as it landed.

"Ooh."

A ring of spectators had surrounded Wade and Jason.

Jason spit some blood out of his mouth as he tried to stand up but Wade kicked him down again.

"You remember the time where I would be in your position now? You've set an inescapable memory in my eyes. This is your payment."

Wade kicked Jason's face, fully making his face bloody before pushing his way through the crowd and sitting down at a bar table.

Wendy walked up to Jason and said something quite cruel.

"This is probably why you don't bully people Jason. Karma always comes back for revenge."

She walked away, cheerful just like she was before.

Wade wanted to have some peace after a fight but it seemed like trouble was always after him. He had quite a good sleep before attending the cop's funeral. He closed his eyes as he ordered a beer from the bartender.

"Here you go, sir."

Wade checked the drink from top to bottom before slowly sipping it. He then closed his eyes once more.

'Sometimes, wishing for something won't let it happen but let the opposite happen.' This was something that Wade had heard someone say. He truly believed it.

After thinking that thought, a girl sat beside him. She had long red hair and bright red eyes.

'Why does she look so similar to the girl I killed in the game. Damn, I hope she isn't the same one or she's going to recognize my red and silver hair. Who in the damn world has red and silver hairstreaks on each side with red and silver eyes.'

This was what Wade thought as he stared down into his beer hoping the girl didn't notice him. Before, the fire mage he killed was named Rose but he wasn't sure if this was her. Then the girl glanced over before going back to sip her drink.

Wade sighed before finishing his beer and putting a few coins on the bar table for the bartender.

"Wait. Do you play the Second World Online game?"

Wade turned around and scanned her before replying in a monotone voice.

"Who doesn't?"

"Hmm. That's true. Which beginner village were you in?"

"Why should I tell you? It's not like you mean anything to me. Asking a stranger's private information is quite weird in itself y'know."

"Just tell me which beginner village you're at."

"Don't need to tell you and goodbye."

Wade left as he disappeared into the crowd. The red-haired girl tried to catch up but failed entirely as she was trapped in the crowd of people.

"Damn you. I know you killed me but still. We'll meet again."

The girl cursed as she walked back to the bar table to finish her beer.

"Whew. I better leave before something else catches me. Damn my bad luck."

Wade cursed again as he left the high school reunion as he headed home after only an hour of staying there. He called a taxi and when he reached his apartment he saw a rent payment notice on his front door.

[Rental Notice]

[Your rent has not been received as of this notice. According to your lease, the late charge has been added to your total balance. Your total balance is $20,549. This entire balance must be paid immediately. If not paid it may lead to eviction notices. Eviction could lead to additional charges and your lower credit rating.]

Wade sighed as he walked out of his house again with $20,549 in a briefcase. He walked to the bank and gave the receptionist the money to transfer to the landowner.

As he finished up, the receptionist gave him a check that he quickly glanced over and when he saw nothing was wrong he left. The female receptionist tried to attract him but failed as Wade directly walked out with a frown on his face. The third day with his $70,000 but he had already lost $20,000.

Wade decided to take a nap as he was tired from all the action he had today.

**********************

Two eyes appeared and once again one was red and the other silver. Wade opened his eyes to see the very same eyes staring back at him. He turned around and saw the same man burning in the dark fire. As he walked back again, Wade saw a symbol appear on his back. A yin-yang symbol but one was silver and the other red. The orbs were moving as well.

Wade then felt a burning sensation on his back and as he looked a black fire overtook him and burned him.

*********************

"Argh."

Wade woke up with a fright as he ran to the bathroom and stared at his back in horror.

The same symbol in his dream had appeared on his back and it seared its way into his back. Wade touched it and it felt different than normal skin. It felt cold as if it was metal. He stopped touching it for now and leaned against the sink wondering just how he got so much trouble now. Little did he know that he now had red and silver blood rushing through his veins, his red and silver irises turning into the same symbol on his back, and his hair fully changing silver and red in the symbol's format. He felt stronger and faster when in this form compared to when he didn't have the tattoo.

When Wade looked in the mirror again, he saw these changes and almost fainted due to the stress being almost too much for him to handle. Suddenly, all the changes disappeared and his appearance reverted to normal once again. Wade decided to go back to sleep as it was the middle of the night and he needed a rest from all this craziness.

*********************

When Wade woke up, he immediately went to check himself in the mirror. His appearance was back to normal for now but the tattoo remained. Wade was fine with keeping the tattoo because it was on his back and nobody could see it unless he took off his shirt.

He slid his familiar overcoat on along with Mr. King's dual Colt King Cobra pistols into his back pocket before leaving once again to get some food to eat.

As Wade arrived at a restaurant called Light's Cafe, he ordered a coffee as well as a few breakfast snacks and as he dug in, he noticed the girl in the red hair walk in.

He ignored her as he ate but the girl deliberately sat down in front of him as he finished his last piece of food.

"Don't you know it's rude to intrude on other's private spaces?"

Wade asked her as he wiped his mouth with a napkin.

"Well, I found you again, Wade."

"So now you know my name."

Wade lifted his eyebrows as he sipped his coffee.

"Well, I only tracked you down for one question. Did you or did you not kill me and my friends in Second World Online?"

"If your name is Rose then yes I did. If your name isn't Rose then I wouldn't care either way."

"I'm called Rose, so tell me. Why'd you kill me?"

Wade was still surprised she asked that question.

"Didn't I already tell you? My grinding spot, my rules. If you die, you die. Not my problem lady."

Wade finished his coffee and wiped his mouth with a napkin before standing up and preparing to leave.

"Fuck you, Wade. You know how much in value we lost that day?"

"Yeah, how much?"

"10 silvers. That's how much the items you reaped from us cost."

"Well, Rose, does it look like I give a shit? You should've left when I told you to leave. I was very clear about that. Also, one more thing. I won't give you back your items because you lied about the price of them. I know my values well and items that give sub-par boosts do NOT cost 10 silvers in total. I'll be gone now."

Wade walked out of the cafe and ran until he ditched Rose behind.

"Damn you life. Always gotta give me trouble."

As he cursed, he walked into an alley and pressed a button. The wall opened and he walked into the building from the side before closing the door again and going into one of the gang's old passageways that lead to his home.

***********************

In a desolate wasteland filled with swords and dying men, a dying man in black and red armor looked across the battlefield. His red eyes shined as they looked across the horizon. He looked as if he was staring at something else, not the sunset, not the dying men, but into another world.

"It seems one has inherited my legacy. I hope he does well to not embarrass me and my abilities. I wish you luck young man."

The man finally died and he chose to self-destruct, blowing up everything but his armors, weapons, and storage wristbands which he stored in a separate space for the young man he saw across the horizon.

********************

In another similar world, a man stood with golden armor with his silver armor. His silver hair and eyes swept across the land as he stood on the cliff with his wife.

"I'm sorry, my husband. I must do this to ensure our child's safety."

A spear stabbed through the back of the silver-haired man and with his last breaths, he spoke.

"Young one, I wish you good luck on your journey and if you arrive here, my legacy shall be waiting for you just like his."

His body self-destructed like the last man, blowing up his wife and the cliff under him with once again, the only thing surviving being his armor, weapons, and storage wristbands which he stored in a space similar to the man in black and red armor.

****************

Wade suddenly felt two pairs of eyes on him and he looked around only to feel pain, suffering, happiness, and various other emotions flood through him. He collapsed in the middle of the passageway for a couple of minutes before standing up with cold eyes. It looked like he was determined to achieve something. He walked back through the passageway with the only words audible being

"Ancestors, I've seen all and I swear, I will seek revenge for both of you once I am strong enough to finish all the work in this world."

Something awakened in Wade as he said that and his tattoo flashed before going dark once again.

1