Chapter 94 Charybdis but not yet lmao
1.4k 5 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It’s been a couple of days since I checked my alignment.

Right now, the sun has set and it is currently nighttime. The stars are shining and the moon is glowing, unhindered by the lights in Avalon. The barrier covering the city is softly glowing, unconsciously giving any who look through it a sense of security.

On such a night, I am sitting on a stool in front of a bar with a drink in hand. Treyni, the owner of the establishment, is calmly cleaning glasses with a rag behind the counter.

No one is saying anything, the noise of the city is cut off at the door creating a comfortable silence. I bring up my drink to my lips and take a sip.

Mikoto- “Rimuru, stop monologuing and drink your damn coffee like a normal person.”

Tch.

Rimuru- “Can't you just let me act like a posh person for a small moment?”

I turn to my rude companion sitting to my left. She is in her Tokiwadai uniform, which is pretty rare for her recently, sitting on a stool with her back leaning against the counter. In her hand, a small coin is spinning around in mid-air, manipulated by her Electromaster esper ability.

Mikoto- “ ‘Posh people’ don’t go to places like this in a shirt and jeans.”

I look down at my current attire. I was feeling lazy, so I just threw on a white T-shirt and black jeans. With my looks, anything I wear makes me seem like a model, so I never bothered with my clothes. If I wanted to bother with my clothes, I would ask Shuna.

Rimuru- “… Touché.”

Mikoto just sighs and catches the coin rotating over her open palm.

Mikoto- “So? Why did you call me here?”

Rimuru- “… Because I want to spend time with you?”

It’s true. I feel like I haven’t been spending much time with her alone recently, especially after the festival. I mean, several things happened and I didn’t really have the time to just sit down and talk. And so I just randomly called her to hang out here in Treyni’s bar.

Mikoto- “I-Is that so…”

Her eyes widen a bit before she looks back down at the coin in her hand, avoiding my eyes. A small smile spreads out on her lips and her cheeks redden. Just a bit.

She’s gotten more used to my sudden ‘attacks’, so she doesn’t react as much as she used to. If it were before, she might start stuttering as her whole face would glow bright red. Of course, that doesn’t mean she no longer cares about them. If I pushed her enough, she would return to the same embarrassed tsundere that I love.

Suddenly, an influx of foreign memories rushes into my head. I don’t panic, however.

Several days ago right after Phobio left Avalon, I used [Enhanced Replication] and sent a clone to tail them. And just now, the clone dispersed itself, seeing that its job is done, which sent all of its memories to me.

Yes, it’s fucking Shadow Clone Jutsu.

As for its job, I ordered it to follow Phobio until he fuses with Charybdis, freeing it from its seal.

In any case, I immerse myself in the memories.

Phobio, the Black Leopard Fang and one of Carillon’s Beastketeers was sitting around a fire with his other three subordinates.

Why they have a fire started in the middle of the day is beyond me, but this world is all kids of wack, and I've long learned to ignore such things.

Phobio- “I can’t let that happen!”

???- “Please, calm yourself, Phobio-sama!”

Phobio- “Shut up! It’s true, I've dealt with the situation badly. I was too prideful for my own good and I've failed to live up to Carrion-sama’s expectations as a result. Just from looking at their town alone, you can tell that have access to technologies even we don’t have.”

Oh, it seems he himself realises he was out of line. Maybe he’s beginning to change-

Phobio- “But I still want to wipe off that smile from that damn slime’s face!”

And nope, he’s still a lost cause.

???- “Ohoho, I understand those feelings. That frustration, that anger… I'm quite familiar with those feelings.”

A voice echoes out from between the trees, prompting Phobio and his group to jump up, wary of a sudden attack.

???- “Who goes there!?”

One of Phobio’s men shouts out.

Footman- “A good day to all of you! I am called Footman, a member of the Moderate Jesters. They call me the Angry Jester, and I am delighted to make all of your acquaintances!”

I'm not going to lie, I totally forgot his name.

Suddenly, a female figure pops her head out from behind the Fatman.

(A/N: See what I did there? Footman/Fatman? Eh? … I’ll go now.)

Tear- “You don’t have to be so wary of us. My name’s Tear, a fellow Moderate Jester. We’re sort of jacks-of-all-trades, and I promise we’re not fighting against you!”

Phobio and his group look towards each other. The fact that the two of them could evade their senses speaks for their strength, so suddenly saying that they aren't here to fight…

Of course, being the man he is, Phobio easily takes their word for it.

It’s a wonder how this man lived to become one of the Three Beastketeers.

In any case, Footman and Tear quite obviously begin to verbally poke Phobio, tempting him with the powers of Charybdis.

Charybdis is a monster born from Veldora’s magicules. I forgot the specifics, but basically, it’s an unkillable monster that only works on its instincts, seeking nothing but chaos and destruction.

Although I said “unkillable”, I use that word very loosely. Basically, once it's been ‘killed’, it would revive itself after a given time. In other words, it would not die when it was killed.

.

.

.

Wait a minute.

*Cough*

But it still can be permanently killed under certain circumstances. It’s just never been done before. The last time it was ‘killed’, however, it was sealed by a Hero, so it hasn’t revived itself ever since.

Anyway, Footman and Tear kept tempting Phobio with the power of Charybdis, telling him to harness it and become a Demon Lord himself with enough strength to crush Avalon.

Phobio- “Enough with your blabbering! I have no wish to destroy that town I just want to show that slime his place. Furthermore, why should I believe you? What do you get out of this?”

B-Bakana(Impossible)! Phobio is getting smarter!?

Footman- “Of course, we hope to ask you some favours when you finally become a Demon Lord…”

Phobio- “Oh ok.”

No, another false alarm.

Phobio then turns around and tells his men to go back and report everything that has happened to Carrion. Phobio also steps down from his position as a Beastketeer, not wanting to cause any more trouble to him.

Hmm… Phobio is dumb, but not as dumb as before. Did Mikoto’s lightning strike rewire his brain? What a fearsome power…

In any case, not much happens after that. Phobio gets led to Charybdis and my Replication Clone saw everything. After it confirmed that Phobio fused himself with Charybdis, it dispersed itself and I received all its memories, including the location of the seal.

This all happened earlier today. I still don’t know why they started a campfire at noon…

Mikoto- “Something wrong?”

As soon as I finish processing the memories, Mikoto wakes me up from my stupor by asking me a question.

Rimuru- “Nothing, why?”

Mikoto- “Well, you were staring at Treyni’s Jojo figure display case for a while.”

Treyni and I look at each other and shrug. We don’t see how that’s a problem.

Rimuru- “Well, a clone gave me its memories and I had to file through it. It’s nothing.”

I tilt my head back and down the rest of my coffee. I stand up and turn around, walking towards the door.

Treyni- “Ara, you’re leaving so suddenly? What about your date?”

Mikoto looks down and fidgets a little before looking back up at me.

A regretful smile forms on my lips.

Rimuru- “Unfortunately something came up. I'm just gonna go deal with it. Speaking of which, Mikoto, do you wanna come with me?”

Mikoto- “What for?”

Mikoto asks while standing up and following me.

Rimuru- “Ah, nothing much. Just that Charybdis is gonna revive soon, probably tomorrow, and I want to deal with it before it gets out of hand.”

Mikoto- “Oh…”

Although Phobio already fused with Charybdis, it should still take a while before it completely frees itself from its seal.

Both Mikoto and I exit the bar and begin walking away. Treyni, who was still processing my words, finally registers what I just said.

Treyni- “WHAT!?”

-----

Name: Rimuru

Race: Origin Slime

Protection: Crest of Space

Title: Highest Tier Spirit, Leader of the Monsters, Onii-chan, King of Avalon, Master of Headpats

Manas: [Manas: Illyasviel]

Ultimate Skills: [Belzebuth, Lord of Gluttony] [Ahura Mazda, Lord of Creation] [Scathach, Lord of Runes]

Unique Skills: [Spatial Ruler]

Intrinsic Skills: [Infinite Regeneration] [Universal Shapeshift] [Universal Sense] [Enhanced Replication] [Universal Thread]

Extra Skills: [Lord's Ambition] [Thought Communication] [Control Particles] [Control Natural Elements]

Resistances: [Cancel Pain] [Resist Melee Attack] [Cancel Natural Elements] [Cancel Ailments] [Resist Spiritual Attack] [Resist Holy Attack]

Equipment: Yamato, Harpe, [Raphael] Skill Orb

 

A/N: Treyni has a glass JoJo figurine display?

MC: Yeah. It's glorious. Rigurd drops by to stare at it a lot.

AN: Damn, Im jealous.

MC: She even has a bookshelf dedicated to all the JoJo manga.

AN: Damn, Im really jealous!

Let me know if I missed anything.

https://discord.gg/9dkcWgfM

43