Chapter 168 Zasshu
1k 7 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tears are rolling down my cheeks. My body is weird like that, sometimes it works the way I want it to, sometimes it doesn’t. Perhaps it’s because of my emotions?

I never felt like breaking the world into several pieces more than now.

Of course, I realise it’s irrational and unneeded, not to mention stupid.

If Mikoto died completely, then I might’ve done that. But she didn’t, and that’s the good thing.

Right, focus on the good things. She’s alive. She’s just unconscious. Her soul is a little damaged, but I can fix it…

I have to fix it…

Looking up from the unconscious Mikoto in my arms, I take in my surroundings.

Benimaru, Hakurou, Soei, Shuna, Treyni and Shizu are all fine. They look incredibly fatigued, mentally mostly, and they also look a bit battered, Shizu more than anyone else, but they’ll be fine.

Shion… is dead.

There’s no surface trauma but [Universal Sense] isn't picking up a heartbeat. Or rather, there is no heart in the first place.

Looking around some more, I see a white blob of light the size of my fist slowly floating around.

A soul.

Normally, it would begin to break apart and after a few weeks, it would become unrecoverable as it either reincarnates or dissipates back into the world. But because my Mirror Dimension isn't connected to any life cycle, it’s just harmlessly floating around.

Thank god for that.

[Belzebuth].

Holding out my hand, a vortex of black mist unique to the skill appears around it, quickly sucking up the blob of light.

Rimuru- ‘Illya?’

Illya- ‘It’s Shion’s, Onii-chan.’

Good. I can resurrect her later then.

I turn towards the rest of my subordinates.

Rimuru- “You did well. Return and rest.”

Benimaru- “Rimuru-sama! We can still fight!”

Benimaru begins to protest, but I hold up my hand, stopping him and anyone else from speaking.

Rimuru- “I know. But I'm here now. You can leave it to me.”

Benimaru and the others don’t say anything.

Good. To be completely honest, I'm not in the mood to keep talking.

My facial expression feels like stone, I can’t really bring myself to smile like I usually do.

*Snap!*

Snapping my fingers, everyone disappears as I teleport them back into Avalon including Ranga in my shadow. There’s also someone new, a female. She’s probably an otherworlder, but she’s cuffed with my magicule sealing handcuffs, so I teleport her too.

I look down towards the unconscious Mikoto one last time.

Rimuru- “I’ll heal you soon…”

I whisper as I teleport Mikoto back into Avalon as well.

I teleport to the side of Shion’s body, kneeling down. I flip her body so she is laying on her back. She has a peaceful face as if she’s sleeping if you disregard the traces of blood on her lips.

Rimuru- “You have served me well Shion. Forgive me… but I'm not done with you yet.”

I consume her body with [Belzebuth], storing her body for resurrection later. I would’ve sent her body back, but I don’t think anyone would like the dead body of their friend just sitting beside them.

And as much as I would like to immediately heal Mikoto’s body and soul and resurrect Shion…

I’m a little busy at the moment…

I turn towards the humanoid being of black lightning, my golden eyes becoming even colder. It’s just standing there, letting everything happen.

Rimuru- ‘Illya, do you have anything on him?’

Illya- ‘Yes, he seems to have an ability steal skill. He most likely tried to use that skill on Mikoto, which is why her soul is in a damaged state. He also has the Storm Crest.’

Rimuru- ‘Storm Crest? So he also has something to do with Veldora?’

Illya- ‘Yes. He’s something like a True Dragon, yet at the same time, not. Kind of like you.’

Rimuru- ‘Chances that it’s because of his ability steal skill?’

Illya- ‘Nearly certain.’

Rimuru- ‘… Is that so…’

That means it’s kind of like a mixed version of my [Belzebuth] and [Universal Shapeshift], taking aspects of the target and permanently enhancing the user. The enhancements seem to be rather strict, unlike my [Belzebuth], judging from the lack of dragon traits and dragonic aura coming from this guy.

At least, that’s the most probable reason.

Bryce- “Hey, how long are you just gonna stare?”

The figure speaks in a staticky voice. I have a feeling the static is intentional.

Rimuru- “I don’t know. You kind of just stood there, letting everyone go. I thought you were stupid, or perhaps retarded. Maybe both?”

Bryce- “No YOU’RE stupid!”

… That was childish. I'm not going to even bring out my Uno reverse card.

Rimuru- “… Why’d you do it?”

Bryce- “Hmm? Do what?”

Rimuru- “All this. Trying to invade my city, beating up my subordinates… Why?”

I'm genuinely curious.

Bryce- “Hmm… well, I just came along because I was bored, to be honest. I mean, I wasn’t going to DO anything in the first place. Maybe just get Farmus to attack your country and then hide as they get trampled. I mean, I don’t like those guys. They’re too greedy.”

Yeah, they were really getting into deep shit just to fill their own pockets in the original series.

Bryce- “But then I saw your subordinates. They were pretty cool, so I wanted them to serve me, but they rejected me. I wanted your girl to become mine, but she rejected me too. So… yeah. I wanted to kill them, maybe have a bit of fun on the way. She got a bit scary at the end though, so I had to finish her before she could cause any trouble…”

You know, if this guy could get rid of that “this didn’t go my way so I’ll destroy it” attitude…

Rimuru- “… We might’ve become friends…”

Bryce- “Really?”

Rimuru- “Yeah.”

I mean, this guy is crazy. He’ll get rid of anything that doesn’t agree with him, and I don’t like that aspect of him. He’s like a shitty young master that decided to kill the protag because said protag looked at him the wrong way.

But I can relate to that laid back attitude he has.

Rimuru- “… Well, that doesn’t change what I have to do.”

Even so, this guy is my enemy. There’s no doubt about that.

So I will kill him.

Remembering what he did…

Taking out Shizue’s anti-magic mask and Yamato from my inventory, I speak.

Rimuru- “You know, you made quite the achievement…”

Bryce- “I did?”

I place the mask on my face.

Rimuru- ‘Illya, full battle mode.’

Illya doesn’t respond, but I feel something shift within me.

*vvvvVVVVVOOOOOOOM!*

My silver aura bursts out from my body, cracks spread throughout the floor under me from the pressure. The clouds above me split as my aura pierces it.

I feel time in the area slow down as my perception speeds up. My senses feel like they’ve been dialled up to 11, but I still have a clear mind, calmly sorting through the influx of information, no doubt thanks to Illya.

The Limiter Ring on my finger cracks and turns to dust. I do not need it anymore.

Rimuru- “You successfully pissed me off! ZASSHU(MONGREL)!”

[Ahura Mazda, Lord of Creation]!

With a heavy surge of my magicules, hundreds, if not thousands of weapons appear in the skies behind me, all from different series throughout my life like Fate (obviously), Bleach, One Piece, Solo Leveling, Marvel, Overlord, DXD and many many more.

Swords, spears, axes, hammers, daggers, halberds, whips, scythes, bows, staffs, wands, grimoires, pistols, rifles, snipers and weapons I don’t even know.

From sizes different from barely the length of a needle to weapons that giants and titans could wield and even energy cannons you could find on starships.

All created and controlled by myself with Illya’s support, pointed towards the lightning-clad figure in front of me.

Bryce- “Well… I want that skill.”

-----

Name: Rimuru

Race: Origin Slime

Protection: Crest of Space

Title: Highest Tier Spirit, Leader of the Monsters, Onii-chan, King of Avalon, Master of Headpats, Procrastinator King, The Nutcracker, socially awkward cringe slightly chuuni slime, Dragon Slayer, Sensei

Manas: [Manas: Illyasviel]

Ultimate Skills: [Belzebuth, Lord of Gluttony] [Ahura Mazda, Lord of Creation] [Scathach, Lord of Runes]

Unique Skills: [Spatial Ruler]

Intrinsic Skills: [Infinite Regeneration] [Universal Shapeshift] [Universal Sense] [Enhanced Replication] [Universal Thread]

Extra Skills: [Lord's Ambition] [Thought Communication] [Control Natural Elements] [Control Magic] [Control Gravity]

Resistances: [Cancel Pain] [Resist Melee Attack] [Cancel Natural Elements] [Cancel Ailments] [Cancel Spiritual Attack] [Resist Holy/Demonic Attack] [Natural Attack Resistance]

Equipment: Yamato

 

A/N: I cant help but feel like cliffhangers are my calling...

Meh, must be my imagination.

Let me know if I missed anything.

https://discord.gg/5DvBuUez

35