Chapter 28.5 What if…
3.3k 5 93
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I'm currently sitting in my house, lounging around doing absolutely nothing. I mean, I'm currently in a world of swords and magic, there’s absolutely fuck all I can do.

Entertainment is a rarity in this world, a fact I resent.

Well, I'm not exactly “doing nothing”, I'm really thinking about what I should make next.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s not like I can't think of anything to make, it more on the lines of I can't choose between the hundreds of things I want to make. So, I wait until one of my ideas become more prominent than the rest and I’ll make that.

It’s mostly the reason why I make my shit in random spots in the world, it’s because I make my creations spontaneously.

I'm lonely.

Woah! Where did that come from? Just a random thought from nowhere…

No, hold on, I have a point. I don’t really have anyone I can call a “friend”. I mean, there’s Lyshivia and Amilya, but they’re a fucking Saintess and Demon Queen respectively, I can't just drop by whenever I want, even though they said I could. I mean, they REALLY emphasised that I could, but I can't just do that, right?

There’s also the Dragon King, and there’s the World Tree. There’s also the Dungeon Master of Driestay… Man, I can't really visit any of them… *Sigh* I really am lonely…

Right! Let’s fix that then! What should I do to solve that?

The first thought that enters my mind is to MAKE something that I can talk to, but… Yeah, I don’t like making stuff for myself. I mean, I make stuff every now and again that I use, but I don’t bother keeping it. I just pose as a mysterious merchant and sell it to a random guy for cheap. I think there’s a rumour about that floating around to…

Speaking of which I still have that Mana Ring, should I sell it off like before? What was it called… Ah yes, I called it Doran’s Ring, from League of Legends.

Nothing special, just a ring that boosts your mana. Powerful stuff though.

I'm going on a tangent again. Right, I'm lonely, and I need to solve that. Come to think of it, I never had a “companion”. I have friends like I just said, but it’s always a come and go relationship. There’s never been anyone I could travel the world with.

Right, I need a companion. Where should I get one? Maybe a monster? Like a dragon or something… nah, the Dragon King would get pissed if one of his kind is just following me around. I mean, he’s a good guy, just a bit too prideful.

I actually had to beat him around at first, but now we always sit down for a good talk whenever we meet. But if a dragon starts following me around randomly, like his daughter wanted to, for example, I would immediately get chased out.

But I don’t want just any random monster as my companion, so the monster companion is out. I guess that just leaves a humanoid companion…

Right, there was this cliché, wasn’t there. Raising a child also seems fun… Right, let’s do ‘that’.

A week later…

I'm wandering through a random forest. What am I doing you ask? Well, I'm looking for the cliché “abandoned child”. I'll take them in, raise them, make them overpowered as fuck, before disappearing after leaving a note.

So cliché. I love it.

???- “Waaah!”

And would you speak of the devil. Hehe, boi…

I follow the sounds of the cries to see a baby about to get fucking eaten by some wolves. I purposely step on a branch, alerting the wolves to my presence, before I open my mouth and point to my left.

???- “Around a kilometre that way is a wounded Deboar. You can eat that instead.”

I'm not lying, there is indeed a wounded Deboar. A large one that that, easily enough to satisfy this pack rather than just a small baby.

The wolves flinch due to me suddenly speaking their language, before looking at each other and running off in the direction I pointed. I just let them go. I mean, sure, they were about to eat this baby, but it’s the natural law of the world. I can't hate them for it. Besides, they’re cousins to dogs, and no sane man kills a dog.

They didn’t doubt me since they knew I had to reason to lie. They felt it, I could instantly erase them from this world, and so they easily relented. That, and the fact that I can understand and speak any language in this world helps a lot.

I walk up to the now silent baby to find that it’s staring at me. Its eyes are strangely filled with intelligence. I use my Arcane Eye, and… would you look at that…

A reincarnator.

That makes things even spicier. Reincarnators are rare, but they always seem to have this broken ass plot armour. I'm technically a reincarnator since I already died, but I've never met anyone who met a ROB and was dropped off in a brand new already-aged body. They always started off as a baby.

I take out a golden pocket watch from my… well… pocket, and I press a button, opening it.

The moment it opens, strange things happened. Like rewinding a recording, the world around me and the baby started going backwards. My meeting with the wolves, the fallen leaves, all if it rewinds. It continues to do so until a figure appears. Or rather, reappears. I stop rewinding the time around me and start to play it.

???- “It’s unfortunate. You were born with a weak body, and in your family that births only warriors, you are a mistake. Be glad that you at least get to live a few more minutes until some monsters find you, as you weren't executed right when you were born.”

Ooh, what is this juicy information? And he just randomly spouted it to a baby just so I can look into the past and understand what happened. Fate is working its magic once again! Haha! So cliché!

The baby’s eyes widen in understanding. Was the reincarnator asleep when the mysterious figure first spoke about it? I guess that’s fine. Right, I’ll keep it a secret about the fact that I know this baby is a reincarnator.

I pick up the baby and check its gender.

A girl. If that’s the case…

???- “Your name will be Mikoto.”

The name of my #1 waifu from my past life. I wonder how this child’s life will unfold…

 

A/N: And there ya go, a free bonus chapter.

MC 2, the sequel: Hey, I get an appearance.

MC: Get the fuck out. This is my story.

MC 2: Nope, this chapter is for me. It is you, my dear 'me', that needs to kindly fuck off.

MC: No. Fuck off.

MC 2: No you fuck off.

*Meanwhile Author is sitting off in the distance watching all this unfold while nibbling on a meat bun.*

AN: This is taking the saying "Go fuck yourself" to a new level...

Let me know if I missed anything!

93