Chapter 45 Weeb sword
2.7k 14 90
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I want a weapon. Like, the main weapon, something that identifies me.

So you know what I'm gonna do?

I'm gonna make myself one.

Yeah, that’s right, it’s time to do something I procrastinated for. It’s time to change. It’s a new me. And I’ll change for the better.

Later.

For now, my weapon.

Right now, I'm alone at the experimental site. It’s been a day since the meeting I had with everyone in which Treyni joined halfway. Mikoto is wandering around the village like usual, helping around and socialising with everyone.

The Kijin and Goblin Riders are preparing to set off with me to fight against the orcs, while the High Ogres and the rest of the Goblins are setting things up for a defensive battle.

Although I won't lose against the orcs, I'm just a single man. Not now, but if something happens when I'm not here, I don’t want them to rely on me. I can't make clones of myself… no wait, yes I can…

Anyway, Shizu is being a cat and fucking off somewhere, probably scratching furniture and some shit.

I asked why she did that since she’s incredibly smart and should know better. Do you know what she said?

Shizu- ‘The voices… they tell me to do stuff…’

She said that while looking at me with soulless eyes.

Yeah, I ain't fucking with that. Scratch the hell outta any couch or curtain you want.

Anyway, I digress.

Weapon. I want one.

First things first, what kind of weapon. Swords, spears and bows come to mind first. Other weapons like staffs, hammers, axes, even guns come to mind immediately after.

Of course, being the weeb I am, I have to get a weeb sword.

A katana.

It’s part of the set, along with a fedora, ahegao hoodie, a body pillow with your waifu on it and a satchel bag holding the entire Jojo manga collection.

Of course, you can also get the meat bun deluxe set.

Right, I'm digressing again. Sword. Katana.

Now, the question is WHAT kind of katana should I make. Should I get a rip off from some kind of anime, or make an original one…

… I guess I’ll make one that looks like one I saw from a series but works differently. So both. Both is good.

[Rune Master]

[Creation]

I want a katana. One that is masterfully created but isn't flashy and plated entirely in fucking gold. I want it to be tough as hell, if not indestructible. I also want it to be highly receptive to magicules and can conduct that shit like the knife I stuck in the toaster when I was 3.

I want this weapon to be with me for life. This is my genuine hope.

The materials I use to make the weapon isn't some random dirt from the ground. I personally feel it would be disrespectful to my future partner to make it out of dirt from the floor.

And so, I made it out of the best material I could find.

I used the meat bun I left in the sealed cave all that time ago.

*Flash!*

What appears in my hand after that is… a katana.

(A/N: No fuckin way.)

The scabbard is pitch black with a silver-gold decoration pattern at the end. The cord connected to the scabbard is a yellow colour, but not eyecatching. The handle is black with a white wrap, tied uniquely unlike any traditional katana wrap. The guard is black with gold highlights.

(A/N: Just look up Devil May Cry Yamato on google and you'll see how it looks like.)

Oh, and there’s an engraving of a meat bun on the scabbard too.

Honestly, this fits my hopes so well. It’s gorgeous, but it’s not something that would blind you after accidentally reflecting the light from the sun.

I hold it out in front of me and grasp the handle with my right hand. It fits well.

Hakurou always told me that a weapon made for you will always fit snugly in your hand. Every weapon I made never quite ‘fit’, so I never exactly knew what Hakurou was trying to say. I even asked Kurobei for some advice, but I never got a straight answer.

But now I understand.

I guess the difference is the effort I put into making the weapon.

Kurobei always made each of his weapons with intense care and effort, so all of his weapons ‘fit’. Unfortunately, they weren’t something I could use, quality-wise. The moment I would try to exert my full force on it, they would all snap.

Any weapon I made could easily handle my full force, but in the end, they never ‘fit’ quite like Kurobei’s weapons did. So I didn’t think it would be right to accept them as my main weapons.

But this… what I just made now… I wouldn’t say I put any effort into making it. But instead, the emotions I had while making it were… something else. It was an earnest wish to have whatever came out as a partner I would be with for life.

And the result… well, I'm more than satisfied.

I pull on the handle and the blade slides smoothly out from the scabbard, like rubbing silk against each other. It hums as it brushes against the air for the first time. The blade looks like any normal metal you could find, however, the runes imprinted onto the blade are anything but normal.

Along the spine of the blade are small runes, each of them weaving together to form something no unlike art.

These runes were given to me through [Rune Master] and imprinted onto the blade during the creation process.

These runes have several functions.

There are the basic Minecraft enchantments, like Sharpness, Unbreaking and Mending. Mending is a bit different, simply needing magicules, but you get the idea.

Well, I'm not sure if Unbreaking is even needed, since I'm not sure if it can even break, but… Meh. Mending also cleans and maintains it for me.

The rest of the runes have many different effects, mostly to allow the blade to affect and bypass space. There is also a rune sequence that absorbs and holds magicules within the blade, boosting its growth and evolution process. I wouldn’t be surprised if it turned into a Legendary weapon in a week and a Mythical weapon in a year.

Maybe less?

More than satisfied with it, I open my mouth and whisper a name.

Rimuru- “Y-Yamete~!”

*BEEP!*

*We are having difficulties, please stand by.*

Rimuru- “Yamato.”

The name of a weapon from a game in my old world. Although it’s not exactly the same weapon, it just felt right. They look the same too.

The blade glows softly and the feeling of the sword itself changes as I feel my magicules flowing into the sword. If I had to explain… it feels like the blade is no longer a part of the world, like it’s no longer in this plane of reality.

I can see it, but I can't ‘feel’ it. With my senses, that is.

But I can still feel it both physically in my hand and even emotionally. It’s fucking trippy.

The blade hums again, but this time… it sounds a little happy?

-----

Name: Rimuru

Race: Origin Slime

Protection: Crest of Space

Title: Highest Tier Spirit, Leader of the Monsters

Ultimate Skills: [Illya, Heaven's Feel] [Raphael, Lord of Wisdom]

Intrinsic Skills: [Infinite Regeneration] [Universal Shapeshift] [Universal Sense] [Multilayer Barrier] [Enhanced Replication] [Universal Thread]

Unique Skills: [Predator] [Creation] [Rune Master]

Extra Skills: [Lord's Ambition] [Thought Communication] [Control Wind] [Spatial Motion] [Dark Flame] [Control Particles]

Tolerances: [Cancel Pain] [Resist Melee Attack] [Cancel Natural Elements] [Cancel Ailments] [Resist Spiritual Attack] [Resist Holy Attack]

 

AN: Oi! Future me! Remember to post a pic of Yamato!

Future AN: Fuck you! Why should I do that!?

AN: Because I said so fucker!

FAN: N-nani!? How did you reply to me? Im in the future.

AN: I AM you, dumbass. I can easily guess what you're going to say.

FAN: Hey, we're the same person. So calling me a dumbass is also calling yourself a dumbass.

AN: But Im not a dumbass RIGHT NOW. I just happen to be in the future, which is you.

FAN: ... Now that I think about it, I remember this conversation...

Let me know if I missed anything!

https://discord.gg/G69pQyxm

90