Chapter 46 Can’t think of a title lmao
2.6k 5 83
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rimuru- “Oh, gee, I wonder what this can do…”

I speak out loud with a deadpan tone of voice. Then, I swing Yamato at the ground while channelling my magicules into it. A thin flash of light leaves the blade and travels forward into the horizon and also disappearing into the ground.

And then… nothing happened.

Huh, I wasn’t expecting that. I was expecting it to absolutely devastate the area in front of me, I even tried to raise a flag by speaking out loud…

You know, like, maybe it would create a deep gash in the ground continuing on for several kilometres? No? Damn, is this weapon so strong that it became useless?

That doesn’t even make sense.

<<Report. The attack you just executed is a ranged attack, shooting off a blade of magicules. Due to the enchantments that let the blade affect space, the space in front of you itself was also cut. Furthermore, your attack was able to reach approximately 30 kilometres underground and several hundred kilometres in front of you.>>

I call bullshit. Why did nothing happen then?

<<Notice. Your attack was so thin, space mended and the ground fused back together under gravity.>>

Uhm… pardon me if I'm wrong, but… doesn’t that mean that there are no visual effects!? Damn! My style points!

<<Please note that using more magicules will increase its effect and you will be able to attain those ‘style points’ you so wish for.>>

I can feel the sarcasm, [Raphael]!

<<…>>

Yeah yeah, screw you too… I'm joking, I love you.

Anyway, this baby looks like Yamato from Devil May Cry. It can also affect space, so it makes sense to name this baby Yamato. But although I say that… this baby has the potential to go even beyond that. Even now, it’s growing quickly. If only I could imbue Mikoto’s [Limit Breaker] Unique Skill into this bad boi…

Hold on.

Time skippu~!

Ok, [Limit Breaker] copied and imbued into the sword, check.

[Heaven’s Feel] OP.

[Raphael]?

<<Notice. Unique Weapon Yamato will evolve into a Legendary weapon within 3 hours. Furthermore, estimations for the time left until evolution into Mythical weapon are around several weeks. Further evolutions are unknown.>>

Mikoto, I always have and will love you… Now I have a piece of you with me at all time! Yay! Should I give her my finger nails or something?

For legal reasons, this is a joke.

No, seriously.

I don’t even have nails.

And that’s just gross.

Please believe me.

Soei- ‘Rimuru-sama.’

Hmm? Is that Soei?

Rimuru- ‘What’s up?’

I reply to his [Thoguht Communication] with my own.

Soei- ‘I've completed talks with the Lizardman Chief. I am on my way back now.’

Rimuru- ‘Good. How’d it go?’

Soei- ‘It went well.’

Soei then continued his report by explaining what exactly happened.

Soei didn’t need a whole day to reach the lizardmen territory, he could reach there in under an hour. However, as cautious as he is, he first took his time finding out as much as he could about the situation. Their numbers, any escape routes he could use in case negotiations broke down, estimated strength of the lizardmen, and so on.

Only after he was satisfied did he finally head into lizardmen territory, straight for the Lizardman Chief… well, his [Replication] clone did, at least.

After ‘warning’ them of his approach by not containing his aura, he was able to meet with the Lizardman Chief very soon without interruptions… by walking through the front door.

Man, what a fucking madlad.

First off, Soei stated his name and that his master (that’s me!) wanted an alliance with them.

The Lizardman Chief, after thanking the heavens above that Soei wasn’t hostile, asked him a question about what exactly is the cause of the orc’s movements. To which Soei proudly stated that I, his master, received a direct request to deal with an Orc Lord that is leading the orcs.

Once Soei dropped the d-bomb (by that, I mean the Dryad name), the lizardmen guards and advisers also in the room were pretty shaken.

Soei- ‘However the Lizardman Chief hid his surprise quite well. He is quite well suited to be a leader. Of course, still nowhere near you, Master.’

Thank you for the random compliment.

Anyway, the surrounding lizardmen denied such a thing and didn’t believe Soei, but the chief calmed them down and stated his interest in the alliance with me.

It might just be me, but I think Soei purposely didn’t mention something to me. Now that I think about it, Soei did threaten a lizardman guard in the series… I’ll ask him later.

(A/N: Lmao no you won't, you forgetful slime)

Anyway, they settle on joining up with me in 7 days, and that the lizardmen should play defensive until then.

Soei then gave the lizardmen some obligatory meat buns necessary for any emissary and prepared to leave.

(A/N: Thank you Inaiya_Iyantiram for the idea)

But while Soei was leaving, like the badass he is, he also dropped the 'attack from behind' warning before dispersing his clone, making it seem like he disappeared on the spot.

I wanted to do something like that…

Soei- ‘… and that’s what happened.’

Rimuru- ‘I see. Good work. Come back safe.’

Soei- ‘Understood.’

And like that, the connection disappeared.

Still, Soei is quite effective. He’s a bit cautious, but that’s not exactly a bad thing.

Anyway, Soei only warned them vaguely about the betrayal. That’s good. The chief definitely won't believe anything Soei has to say if he said that it was Gabil, the chief’s own son, who would be staging a coup.

Better to keep him wary from all sources.

Anyway, a few days from now should be around the time [Raphael] estimated both orc armies to meet back up at the marshlands. For now, the main orc army is trying to take out the lizardmen while the orc detachment still hasn’t joined up yet. But now that the lizardmen are playing defensively, things should work out.

Well, until Gabil comes along and fuck things up. But even so, Gabil would get exiled after this affair and get knocked down a peg. Plus, I have plans to kick him in the nuts still.

Don’t think I've given up!

Mikoto- “What are you doing?”

Rimuru- “Oh, Mikoto.”

Shizu- ‘I'm here as well nya!’

Rimuru- “And Shizu as well.”

I greet them wile smiling. They both walk up from behind me while I was thinking to myself, with Mikoto carrying Shizu in her arms. They look so cute together…

Rimuru- “What’s up?”

Mikoto- “We got bored.”

A simple answer. Shizu nods along as well. It seems the voices stopped… for now.

Hmm, I just finished up everything I wanted to do, I don’t really need anything done right now…

Rimuru- “Then let’s take a dip in the hot spring!”

Mikoto- “Oh, sounds good.”

Shizu- ‘Ehh? I don’t like water though…’

Rimuru- “Oh come on, everyone likes hot springs. You should be fine.”

Mikoto- “He’s right you know. Come it, just try it once.”

After trying to convince her for a while, Shizu finally agreed. I had to use meat buns to bait her, but it should be fine.

Rimuru- “Then, let’s-“

Mikoto- “You’re not joining us though.”

Goddammit…

-----

Name: Rimuru

Race: Origin Slime

Protection: Crest of Space

Title: Highest Tier Spirit, Leader of the Monsters

Ultimate Skills: [Illya, Heaven's Feel] [Raphael, Lord of Wisdom]

Intrinsic Skills: [Infinite Regeneration] [Universal Shapeshift] [Universal Sense] [Multilayer Barrier] [Enhanced Replication] [Universal Thread]

Unique Skills: [Predator] [Creation] [Rune Master]

Extra Skills: [Lord's Ambition] [Thought Communication] [Control Wind] [Spatial Motion] [Dark Flame] [Control Particles]

Tolerances: [Cancel Pain] [Resist Melee Attack] [Cancel Natural Elements] [Cancel Ailments] [Resist Spiritual Attack] [Resist Holy Attack]

-

Equipment: Yamato

 

A/N: I just wanna say that Yamato has the capabilities to cut the world in half. 

MC: Isnt that broken then?

AN: Well, the efficiency for something on that scale is absolute dog shit, so the magicules needed is... well, even Milim doesnt have enough.

MC: Damn, that really is a lot... Well not like it's a problem for me!

AN: I know! Hahahahaha!

MC: Hahahahaha!

Let me know if I missed anything.

https://discord.gg/cn9KRY4w

83