Chapter 48 Beginning of the fight
2.6k 5 84
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A/N: What's that? The fight scene for this chapter? I said there will be a fight scene last chapter? Yeah, about that...

I LIED.

Well, I didnt really lie, a fight scene IS coming up, but not in this chapter.

Next one.

Now enjoy.

-----

We all arrived at the scene of the war. Right now we’re all standing at the edge of a cliff nearby overlooking the entire battle like badasses. Why is there a random cliff like this here in the middle of the marshlands? No fucking clue. Anime logic I guess, I mean no one else is questioning it.

Anyway, we haven’t made a move yet. Gabil and his group just got surrounded by the orcs. It seems the orcs ate one of the lizardmen and gained their properties already. Big rip.

After that, an Orc General steps up and Gabil challenges it to a duel in an attempt to break out of the encirclement and perhaps to buy time.

Of course, Gabil gets fucking rekt.

Mikoto is conflicted about whether she should feel satisfied seeing Gabil getting his ass handed to him or worried about him.

In a way, I didn’t step in because I wanted to see how Gabil would act. This is a parallel world, I don’t know how Gabil would’ve changed from his canon counterpart.

But it seems not much has changed, his moral standards are still there. Even in this situation, he didn’t abandon the goblins with him and chose to protect them. It’s because of that, they ended up getting surrounded, but Gabil still didn’t leave them. That’s good.

If he did, I would have killed him myself. I don’t need a selfish egotistic bastard under me, just an egotistic bastard is enough.

Rimuru- “Right, Gobuta, you and the goblin riders keep the lizardmen safe. Ranga, can you go with them?”

Ranga- “Understood.”

They then used [Shadow Motion] to arrive right in the middle of the encirclement just as Gabil ate the dirt for the fifth time.

Benimaru- “Rimuru-sama, what about us?”

Rimuru- “Well, that’s obvious. Go crazy!”

After I said that, the Kijin all had a feral smile before they jumped off the cliff and split up to have their fun. The orc army detachment that attacked the ogres have already joined back, after all.

Mikoto- “Uhm…”

Rimuru- “Hmm? You’re still here?”

Mikoto is still standing next to me. Shizu is hanging over her shoulder, yawning. That lazy cat…

Mikoto- “Well…”

Mikoto looks towards the large orc army with hesitation. I show an expression of confusion for a sec before a light bulb lights up in my head.

She’s reluctant to kill.

I smile, walk in front of her, and raise my hand.

*Pat*

I let my hand fall onto her head and start patting her head

Rimuru- “Don’t worry. I can revive all the orcs that die here. Go crazy.”

Mikoto blushes in embarrassment for being treated like a chile for a moment before she nods at me and uses her Electromaster ability to shoot herself into the air before falling right into the orcs as gravity claims her.

*THOOM!*

After that, lightning strikes and all hell breaks loose.

Mmm. It seems she’ll be alright.

But I wasn’t lying, you know. I can revive the orcs. I got a bit annoyed at myself for not killing any orcs during the ogre village incident. But I couldn’t just kill them when I want them to serve under me. And knowing that there’s a giant battle against the orcs coming up, I sought a solution.

The result?

I'm a fuckin idiot.

[Heaven’s Feel] can literally revive people from the dead. Why am I so reluctant to kill? I’ll just have to revive them after they die. Simple as that.

And so I'm using [Heaven’s Feel] over the entire battlefield, collecting all the recently deceased souls for revival later.

I could also take this chance to scan them with [Raphael] and [Predator] to get more skills, but… Yeah, I don’t want to have to deal with that cluster fuck list of skills again.

Anyway, I jump into the sky and begin flying using temporary runes I wrote on my hand, overlooking the entire area. Benimaru is firing of one [Hell Flare] after the other, Hakurou is speeding through the orcs decapitating them with ease and Shion…

*BOOM!*

She’s… fine…

*BANG!*

… Those poor orcs…

Surprisingly, Shuna is also racking up quite a few kills for herself. She’s more of a magic specialist if I remember correctly. Of course, she’s more of a supporter than a fighter, but… yeah, she’s actually doing quite well.

Mikoto, however, is contesting the #1 spot with Benimaru for ‘most orcs taken down’. Of course, even with my warning, she’s still being careful not to kill anyone. But there are a few dead bodies here and there.

She’s not unfamiliar with death. There’s the Sisters incident, and she even wanders through the forest around the village and fights some monsters. Generally non-sentient monsters, like Knight Spiders and Giant Ants. Basically, ones that can't think and only move off instincts.

But in the end, she’s reluctant to kill anyone that can think and speak like a normal human.

But now that I think about it, these orcs are the same in a way, only moving off their instincts.

… Hmm? Where did Shizu go?

Shizu- ‘Gahahahaha! The voices! They’re back! The blood! So much blood! Ahahaha!!!’

*Shing!*

*Gunshots!*

*Nuclear explosions!*

*Orcs squealing off in the distance*

.

.

.

I didn’t hear anything…

*Shatter!*

I hear the sound of glass breaking off in the distance which attracts my attention.

My senses land on Ranga. In front of him is the orc general. However, the orc general now looks like a Picasso painting. His body is completely shuffled around and it’s like looking at him through cracked glass.

And just like that, the orc general falls apart with blood and guts everywhere… gruesome.

But what the fuck was that?

<<Report. Individual Ranga has evolved into a Spatium Star Wolf and has used an attack by the name of [Spatial Shatter].>>

Huh. I can guess the effects of that skill from what I've seen and its name… can I do that too?

<<You can.>>

Sweet… oops, more orcs are on their way to Ranga. I throw an apache attack meat bun their way. I watch as it sails across the air, landing right in the middle of the orcs. It disappears in a flash of light and then all of the surrounding orcs start disappearing into ashes infinity war style.

Orc- “I don’t feel so good… *Woosh…*”

May you rest in peace…

But now that I think about it, isn't being able to see the whole battlefield a massive tactical advantage? Arent like I a satellite then?

Wait, should I make satellites? But what if it just gets found by someone like Guy Crimson… Maybe I should add stealth capabilities? But if I'm doing that, maybe I should add offensive capabilities as well… a sunlight convergence laser!

No, wait…

A meat bun convergence laser!?

My genius is… it’s almost frightening.

No, seriously. That laser could commit several war crimes just by existing. I mean, what if it grows a sense of sentience and kills innocents without my knowledge?

Yeah. It’s serious.

But still, I'm getting a bit bored… Should I step in as well?

-----

Name: Rimuru

Race: Origin Slime

Protection: Crest of Space

Title: Highest Tier Spirit, Leader of the Monsters

Ultimate Skills: [Illya, Heaven's Feel] [Raphael, Lord of Wisdom]

Intrinsic Skills: [Infinite Regeneration] [Universal Shapeshift] [Universal Sense] [Multilayer Barrier] [Enhanced Replication] [Universal Thread]

Unique Skills: [Predator] [Creation] [Rune Master]

Extra Skills: [Lord's Ambition] [Thought Communication] [Control Wind] [Spatial Motion] [Dark Flame] [Control Particles]

Tolerances: [Cancel Pain] [Resist Melee Attack] [Cancel Natural Elements] [Cancel Ailments] [Resist Spiritual Attack] [Resist Holy Attack]

Equipment: Yamato

 

A/N: How the fuck does a meat bun convergence laser even work?

MC: idk man, it just does. 

AN: That doesnt make any sense...

MC: *Shrugs* Meat buns do be like that...

AN: *Sigh* Whatever. Oh yeah, there's a fight scene next chapter... it's a bit short though.

MC: Gotta start somewhere. I mean, the orc battle isnt finished next chapter, so you can add more in the chapters after that.

AN: True.

Let me know if I missed anything.

https://discord.gg/QrSF92T7

84