Chapter 75 Monke
2k 20 58
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Construction around the town is coming along well.

Or rather, it’s starting to become fitter to call it a city instead.

The High Orcs and High Ogres are working very hard. I've also made a few hundred golems to help in construction as well. I mainly did it for fun and curiosity.

Most of the golems are working with the Ogres and Orcs in manual labour, but I also gave some to Rigur, Rigurd’s son, and the security force was leading. Now you can see 3 meters tall golems posted all around town. The fact that each one looks like a giant moving suit of heavy armour wielding a giant fucking sword and shield does nothing but add to their already intimidating strength.

Each golem is made out of an alloy of the strongest materials I could think of, being Admantanium, Orichalculm, Vibranium, and any other fuck-all metal from any anime or movie I saw in my past life.

I even added several Nokia phones to the mix. So yeah. Good luck breaking them.

The golems are a bit boring though, so I might not make more…

But, I digress. Construction!

Skyscrapers are just starting to show up now! Although they’re only the foundations, it won't be long until we see a fully built one.

Treyni voiced her desires to open a bar at the top of one of the tallest skyscrapers, but she’s making do with a fancy establishment on the ground for now. Her knowledge of plants is letting her make some crazy delicious drinks, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic.

The road leading to Dwargon is also making progress. Foundations of roads leading all over the world are also being made for when we eventually start those.

All along the side of the roads, you can see a line of mysterious glowing runes. The runes serve to hide the path from any hostile monster born in the forest while also lighting the way during the night by producing softly glowing motes of light.

The runes also reinforce the road and clean it of rocks and leaves daily.

More days continue to pass, and nothing exciting happened… is what I would normally say, but something exciting DID in fact happen.

Or rather than ‘exciting’, it’s more ‘interesting’ as it’s not something you’d see every day.

Shuna wanted to test out a new recipe that made use of the meat of a B rank monster that you could find roaming around the forest. Stuff happened and Shuna, Shion, Illya, Mikoto and I all decided to take a walk through the forest while searching for it.

Mikoto- “So what exactly are you making?”

Mikoto asked Shuna a question.

Shuna- “It’s something Rimuru-sama showed me in passing through [Thought Communication]. It was called ‘Gotcha Pork Roast’! Put simply, it’s just potatoes wrapped in bacon.”

Illya- “Ooh! I know that one, I know that one! I saw it on the Food Wars anime!”

Illya cheerfully spoke up.

Speaking of anime, everyone knows about me being a former human. Well, not EVERYONE everyone, but the ‘top dogs’ know. Like Benimaru and the other kijin, Rigurd, Kaijin, Treyni, so on so forth.

They also know that Illya is my skill given physical form, but for all the common people, she’s just my adopted little sister. Of course, even though they all know she’s my skill, they still treat her like a little sister.

Illya- “But we don’t have bacon in this world…”

Rimuru- “Ahh, that dish huh? True, pigs don’t exist here. Did you find a replacement for the bacon yet?”

Shuna- “Yes, Rimuru-sama! Apparently, Ribear meat tastes a lot like bacon.”

Mikoto- “Ribear? Is that the monster that looks like a giant bear?”

Shion- “Mmm, but it has two heads. I killed a couple that wandered near our ogre village with Hakurou, they tasted quite nice. I wonder what dishes I can make with them…”

As Shion said that, we all had a chill run down our spine. She’s a disaster in the kitchen.

I once tried giving her the experiences of a master chef, but… well, at least she can now make an acidic slob of poison with more flair and finesse. The trope of ‘kitchen disaster beauty’ is formidable and not easily broken…

Mikoto- “T-that’s the one! I remember seeing a couple roaming around a place further north from here! Come on!”

Mikoto, who was the most recent victim of Shion’s cooking, broke out in cold sweat and immediately tried to rush us along.

We all continued to talk about various subjects throughout our walk. From food to clothes, random hobbies to how daily work/training is going and things like that. I didn’t intervene much and just stood to the side, enjoying the scene of 4 beautiful women talking to each other with cheerful expressions.

Though I did make my input now and again.

After a while, we reached the spot where Mikoto last saw a Ribear and lo and behold we see a healthy two-headed nightmare bear that looks like it came straight from Chernobyl.

However, what we didn’t see was a space fissure splitting open at that exact moment. It only appeared for an instant so I was the only one that sensed it with my Creast of Space. Well, maybe Illya noticed too with her connection to me.

Appearing out of that fissure right in front of us was a human male in modern clothing who seems to be around 17 or 18 years of age. He has black hair and black eyes and looks like a Japanese person.

He has a face that you just wanna punch.

He looks around for a bit before quickly noticing the Ribear on one side and our group on the other.

The moment he saw us, I inwardly shivered as he gave all of us a glance with eyes that said “wow pretti women monke brain activate”. He gives all of us a shit-eating grin and opens his mouth.

Monke-Brain Man- “Hey beautiful girls, is this monster bothering you? Don’t worry, I got this. Watch me.”

He then proceeds to turn around, raise his hand into the air and create a giant fireball above his open palm the size of a small house. He lowers his hand and the giant fireball slowly descends onto the poor monster.

The fireball explodes and completely burns the Ribear.

… Well, there goes our dinner.

Monke-Brain Man turns back to us.

Monke-Brain Man- “Chantless magic, pretty cool huh? If you want, I don’t mind accepting you girls into my harem.”

He talks like he’s some kind of big shot. Of course, we all know the real situation.

The Ribear wasn’t any threat to any of us. Even Illya could kill that monster with just her aura alone. Infinite magicules, remember?

Furthermore, we ALL can use chantless magic. And his magic was shit. Too many magicules wasted, needlessly slow, flashy and big, furthermore, a Ribear has natural resistances against fire so if he just used a different element he would’ve achieved the same result WITHOUT turning it into fucking charcoal…

Not only that, although he’s acting like it’s no big deal, he’s nearly out of magicules from that one attack.

Shion- “…”

Mikoto- “…”

Illya- “…”

Shuna- “…”

Rimuru- “… Remember when I said that pigs don’t exist in this world? I take that back.”

And so we all proceed to gang stomp him Jojo style. I made sure to use write some temporary runes to transfer any damage we did to him to his soul. This way his physical body was unharmed and we didn’t get any Monke blood on our shoes.

But before he could die, I stopped everyone and healed him with runes.

Monke-Brain Man- “You… you saved me… Why…?”

Rimuru- “Mmm. Monkey…”

And THEN we killed him.

We didn’t find a Ribear after that, I just ended up using [Creation]. I COULD have done in the first place, but we all wanted an excuse to skip work.

Procrastination.

The next day, I was hanging out in Treyni’s bar lazying around and avoiding work like always.

Treyni knows this but chooses not to say anything. She’s a good woman.

Suddenly, [Universal Perception] picks up a mass of magicules quickly heading towards Avalon.

Illya- ‘Onii-chan!’

Illya contacts me through [Thought Communication].

Rimuru- ‘I know. She’s not even bothering to hide her aura, I can easily sense it.’

Now… how will I deal with this loli demon lord?

-----

Name: Rimuru

Race: Origin Slime

Protection: Crest of Space

Title: Highest Tier Spirit, Leader of the Monsters, Onii-chan, King of Avalon

Manas: [Manas: Illyasviel]

Ultimate Skills: [Belzebuth, Lord of Gluttony]

Intrinsic Skills: [Infinite Regeneration] [Universal Shapeshift] [Universal Sense] [Multilayer Barrier] [Enhanced Replication] [Universal Thread]

Unique Skills: [Creation] [Rune Master]

Extra Skills: [Lord's Ambition] [Thought Communication] [Control Particles] [Dominate Space] [Control Natural Elements]

Tolerances: [Cancel Pain] [Resist Melee Attack] [Cancel Natural Elements] [Cancel Ailments] [Resist Spiritual Attack] [Resist Holy Attack]

Equipment: Yamato, Harpe, [Raphael] Skill Orb

 

A/N: THERE IS NO AUTHOR NOTE THIS CHAPTER!

MC: *SCREAMING*

MC: No wait hol up you just made an author note tho?

AN: ...

MC: ...

AN: ... Shut up.

Let me know if I missed anything.

https://discord.gg/fMMd45qa

58