Chapter 77 Kotowaru!
1.8k 18 63
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Milim- “Ahahaha!”

Milim laughs at the wary looks they were giving her. Even now, she isn't restraining her aura. Although she isn't blasting it at full power, it’s enough to make Benimaru, Soei, Shion, Hakurou and Ranga on guard.

Ignoring them, she starts walking in my direction. I don’t move and just keep smiling, completely relaxed. I know she won't hurt me. I'm a potential source of entertainment for her, after all.

She starts circling me, looking me up and down, even sometimes poking here and there.

Milim- “This isn't your true form, right? I can't really tell, which is weird, but I know you aren't originally humanoid.”

Rimuru- “You could see that? Colour me impressed. True, I'm not a humanoid. It’s the effect of a skill of mine.”

I turn back into my slime form.

Rimuru- “I'm actually just a slime.”

Milim- “Oooh!”

She squats and begins poking me, finding it fun to feel my squishiness. I understand that feeling, I sometimes sit there and poke a clone of mine. Everyone does, actually, whether on purpose or unconsciously.

What can I say… *flicks hair backwards* I'm just that irresistible.

(A/N: *Proceeds to vomit rainbows*)

Mikoto- “How could you tell something like that?”

Mikoto trusts me enough to not put her guard up against Milim, she just casually strolls up to us with Illya next to her, both of them looking at Milim with a curious expression.

Milim- “Fufufu, you can't fool me! My Dragon’s Eye can easily see through things like this!”

Milim stops poking me and stands up with her hands on her hips while puffing her chest out. I take this chance to jump up into Mikoto’s arms, to which she easily catches me.

Rimuru- “Anyway, I don’t think I've introduced myself. My name is Rimuru, I'm the leader of Avalon, the city you see here.”

Mikoto- “I'm Mikoto Misaka.”

Illya- “My name is Illyasviel, but you can call me Illya!”

Illya jumps forwards and grabs Milim’s hands as she introduces herself. It seems she’s happy another loli arrived. As for me, this is also good news. The more loli’s there are, the better.

Fuck, that doesn’t sound right.

Mikoto is currently dressed lightly, in a black t-shirt and hot pants. Illya is wearing a yellow and purple t-shirt hoodie and a pinkish-red skirt. Milim, who has never seen those clothes designs before, had her curiosity piqued.

Milim- “What are those clothes?”

And that sparked the beginning of a beautiful friendship between the three. They quickly began talking and, although it’s a beautiful sight to see these attractive girls talk to each other, I feel bad for everyone else who is just awkwardly standing to the side.

Milim suddenly had a thought and turned to me who is still sitting in Mikoto’s arms.

Milim- “Hey, Mr Slime, did you get weaker? I sensed a lot more power from you during your fight with the Orc Lord…”

Hmm? She could sense my power through the crystal ball? Is this another AU thing?

I see Illya shake her head at me, giving me my answer. It seems this ISN’T an Alternate Universe thing and I just forgot. Maybe it was only mentioned in passing…

Oh well, apparently Milim could use her Dragon Eye even through the recording of a crystal ball. A bit OP, but I'm not one to talk… oh well, I have something prepared for this.

I spit out a ring and hold it up. It’s just a plain silver ring, but it has some special effects.

Rimuru- “This ring completely obscures my information from any appraisal type skills, magic, items, and things like that. It’s also probably why you couldn’t tell my race while I was in human form.”

Milim’s eyes widen and her mouth turns into a small O shape. I'm not surprised. Her Dragon’s Eye can see into the truth of things and is quite powerful, so seeing something that can hide things from her is a surprise.

Of course, to her, it’s nothing but interesting. She’s not the type to grow paranoid or wary just because she doesn’t know something.

I made this ring with my skill. However, something made from [Creation] and [Rune Master] wouldn’t be enough to hide things from this thousand-year-old loli Demon Lord.

However, something special happened to those skills after [Manas: Illyasviel] was born.

I was way too concerned with everything else that it completely flew over my mind, but Illya reminded me of it the next day while we were testing out her capabilities.

Long story short, I got two new skills.

[Ahura Mazda, Lord of Creation] and [Scathach, Lord of Runes], two new Ultimate Skills were added to my collection.

(A/N: I take suggestions to alternate names. If I like it, I’ll replace it. I would have written Odin, Lord of Runes, but I’m saving that one for later.)

When a skill becomes a Manas, the Ultimate Skill it was based on doesn’t disappear. Rather, it simply stays there… watching… as you completely abandon it… staring…

Or it WOULD have happened, but that didn’t happen to [Illya, Heaven’s Feel].

Rather it was broken down and assimilated into my Unique Skills [Creation] and [Rune Master]. Since it was an Ultimate Skill and those Unique Skills were already close to evolving, both Unique Skills were able to evolve successfully.

Now I can make shit without using materials and just using my magicules. And before you ask, yes I can make an entire planet. I can also write a rune sequence that is complete bullshit like permanently making it Wednesday.

So making a ring that can block any appraisal attempt is easy. That isn't my only defence against appraisal skills and magics, I've also engraved a rune onto my soul that has the same effect. I provided the rune with [Scathach] and Illya engraved it into me.

Not only that, but the important people also have this rune engraved as well.

Although the ring DOES have an appraisal blocking effect, the rune itself is the main force behind it. The reason I have this ring is to conceal my infinite magicules.

It was also done to hide Illya’s true identity as well. She is my greatest secret and my greatest strength, being the source of my infinite magicules.

And so the best course of action is to hide the fact that I have infinite magicules. Even Mikoto doesn’t know about it. I want to tell her one day.

However, I'm not the type of person to tell her my every secret just because I like her. Only when I trust her entirely would I tell her everything about me.

After all, Love and Trust are different, even though they often go hand in hand.

I look up at Mikoto, who senses my gaze and looks down. She tilts her head at me in confusion.

Mikoto- “Hm?”

Godfuckingdamnitsofuckingcuteomgquigbsfubqibfajsnasdadafaf-

(A/N: Don’t mind him, he’s just having a stroke. Give him a moment…)

Milim looks at me and narrows her eyes. Suddenly, she smiles. This time… it’s a bit sinister.

Milim- “Hey, Mr Slime…”

I turn my attention back to her.

RImuru- “What’s up, Lady Milim?”

I still have to take a formal tone against her. We’re not exactly friends yet.

Her smile gets wider, showing her teeth.

Milim- “Become my subordinate.”

Rimuru- “Kotowaru!”

Instant rejection.

Just like all the girls I asked out.

-----

Name: Rimuru

Race: Origin Slime

Protection: Crest of Space

Title: Highest Tier Spirit, Leader of the Monsters, Onii-chan, King of Avalon

Manas: [Manas: Illyasviel]

Ultimate Skills: [Belzebuth, Lord of Gluttony] [Ahura Mazda, Lord of Creation] [Scathach, Lord of Runes]

Intrinsic Skills: [Infinite Regeneration] [Universal Shapeshift] [Universal Sense] [Multilayer Barrier] [Enhanced Replication] [Universal Thread]

Extra Skills: [Lord's Ambition] [Thought Communication] [Control Particles] [Dominate Space] [Control Natural Elements]

Resistances: [Cancel Pain] [Resist Melee Attack] [Cancel Natural Elements] [Cancel Ailments] [Resist Spiritual Attack] [Resist Holy Attack]

Equipment: Yamato, Harpe, [Raphael] Skill Orb

 

A/N: Damn, how many times did you get rejected?

MC: It was a joke. I actually never got rejected before.

AN: Oh, sweet. How many girls did you land?

MC: None.

AN: …? Buy you said you never got rejected-

MC: CAN'T GET REJECTED IF YOU NEVER ASKED ANYONE OUT IN THE FIRST PLACE BIACH!

Let me know if I missed anything.

https://discord.gg/q24VxF9r

63