Chapter 108 Milim’s Joy
1.3k 9 49
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Illya is floating midair with her magical girl wand pointed at the giant rampaging dragon with a pink glowing rope connecting them.

It’s a little surreal at this point.

The rampaging Chaos Dragon is chained up in glowing golden chains connected through many portals leading back to Milim, with the end of Enkidu wrapped around her wrist.

It’s been like this for around 10 seconds. The Chaos Dragon’s rampaging tendencies have quickly died down within those 10 seconds and now it’s barely moving. The fog of malice and hate shrouding its body has mostly disappeared at this point and you can easily sense that it has weakened a lot.

Illya- “Haaap!”

Finally, Illya opens her eyes and tugs her magic stick backwards sharply with a shout.

The pink tether snaps taught before it pulled something out of the dragon’s chest with it.

Attached to the end of Illya’s tether is a softly glowing ball of white light. Neither Milim nor I were experts on the subject, but we could instantly tell what that orb is.

A soul. Specifically, it’s the soul of the dragon. Illya fucking went fishing for a soul. What a madlad.

The Chaos Dragon breathes out one final time as the anger and hate in its eyes fade away along with its light of life.

*Crack!* *Crumble!*

The now-deceased Chaos Dragon’s body begins to crack. Enkidu, which was pulled tight around its limbs, chest and head, begin to loosen. The body crumbles like chalk as gravity pulls it down.

Its arms fall away and its legs couldn’t handle the weight of its torso, collapsing under its weight. The torso hits the ground, shattering from the impact into several pieces.

In the end, all that was left is just a pile of unrecognisable black ash, dust and rocks. The mound begins to smoke, slowly dissipating into magicules.

The parts of Enkidu wrapped around the Chaos Dragon dissipate into golden motes of light and all that’s left of it is the meter or so left wrapped around Milim’s wrist.

Though, Milim never noticed any of this.

As soon as Illya pulled out the Chaos Dragon’s soul, Milim tunnel-visioned on the glowing orb and shot right towards it.

Illya holds her hands in front of her, both her magical girl stick and the tether dissipating into sparkles. The soul comes flying in a parabola directly towards Illya’s open arms…

Milim- “MIIIINE!”

… Until a pink blur tackles out of the air it from the side.

While somersaulting midair, she tightly hugs the ball of light in her arms while rubbing her cheeks against it.

How the fuck Milim could touch a soul is beyond me, but she probably has a skill that can allow that or something. I don’t know.

Milim- “Ahahahaha!”

Different from that haughty laugh she always makes to sound like an important person but always fails due to her body size, this laugh is filled with genuine happiness and joy.

Milim- “Yahoooo!”

She’s smiling like it’s the happiest moment of her life while screaming out and spinning all over the place in pure euphoria.

Illya lowers her arms with a soft smile before a hand drops on her head. She looks at the hand’s owner, finding me looking at Milim with a small, warm smile. Illya just turns back to Milim while enjoying the slow headpats I give her.

Later, Milim calms down and realises an important factor.

Milim- “Uhm… What do we do now?”

She says while looking at the soul with a curious expression.

Illya just sighs before explaining.

Illya- “Well, right now, this child is just a soul. It has completely recovered and I'm stopping it from dissipating or reincarnating naturally. All we need to do is to give it a new body so it can properly revive.”

Milim- “Eh? B-but…”

She looks at the dissipating pile of ashes and rocks with an “o fuk” expression.

Illya- “Not that one.”

Milim- “Phew!”

*Cough*

I clear my throat to get the girls’ attention and speak out.

Rimuru- “Gee, if only we had someone that could make things from thin air…”

I speak out with a voice that is louder than normal. Illya and Milim look at me and then look at each other before looking at me again.

Rimuru- “Like, I dunno, a body…? Wink wink…”

Illya- “Onii-chan, you can just wink normally you know? You don’t have to say “Wink” out loud.”

Milim looks back at Illya then back at me before a figurative light bulb goes off in her head.

Milim- “… Oh! Rimuru can make a body nanoda!”

Rimuru- “Heh.”

Illya- “*Sigh*…”

Finally, I don’t have to sit to the side being useless! And so, I immediately get to making a new body for the soul.

Now, yes, I can make the ultimate dragon body and stuff the soul into it, but… I decide not to.

Instead, I do the exact same thing I did with Shizu. I will make a pseudo soul vessel.

To be completely honest, I could revive Shizu only because I took inspiration from how OG Rimuru revived the dragon soul in canon.

And although a super ultimate greatest dragon god body would seem nice, I personally think that letting the soul grow into the body itself would be best, rather than me creating a complete body for him.

[Ahura Mazda].

Appearing in my hands with a flash of light is an egg the size of a soccer ball. This is the pseudo soul vessel. The body will grow inside the egg to be a perfect fit for the soul and it will hatch when it’s ready.

Illya waves her hand as the soul flies from Milim without any resistance, even phasing through her arms. Milim has a face of pure shock and betrayal.

WAIT it was Illya that was letting Milim touch it!?

*Cough*

The soul flies towards the egg and sinks into its shell.

I hold the egg towards Milim, gesturing her to take it. She slowly glides towards me and takes the egg from my arms.

Rimuru- “Does it have a name?”

Milim shakes her head.

Milim- “A name? No, nothing like that… Ah! Gaia! I always wanted to call it Gaia one day!”

During the time it was alive, Milim probably couldn’t name it since she wasn’t strong enough as she hadn’t evolved into a Demon Lord yet.

Although she was incredibly strong even before that and had a mass of magicules others can only dream to achieve, Gaia was a True Dragon or at least a True Dragon Candidate at the time. Giving it a name would probably have been a kind of distant dream.

(A/N: Although Milim has the Origin Breeder Reactor that gives her infinitely regenerating magicules, it’s a skill on the level of an Ultimate Skill or even a bit above it. So I don’t think she had that skill before her evolution to a Demon Lord.)

In any case, as Milim spoke its name, the egg containing the newly named Gaia glowed as it is finally bestowed a name. Now that Milim is much stronger than her past self and Gaia is incredibly weakened, giving it a name is possible.

Milim’s eyes water as she closes her eyes and gives Illya and me the brightest smile we have ever seen from her.

Milim- “Thank you nanoda!”

-----

Name: Rimuru

Race: Origin Slime

Protection: Crest of Space

Title: Highest Tier Spirit, Leader of the Monsters, Onii-chan, King of Avalon, Master of Headpats, Procrastinator King, The Nutcracker

Manas: [Manas: Illyasviel]

Ultimate Skills: [Belzebuth, Lord of Gluttony] [Ahura Mazda, Lord of Creation] [Scathach, Lord of Runes]

Unique Skills: [Spatial Ruler]

Intrinsic Skills: [Infinite Regeneration] [Universal Shapeshift] [Universal Sense] [Enhanced Replication] [Universal Thread]

Extra Skills: [Lord's Ambition] [Thought Communication] [Control Natural Elements] [Control Magic] [Control Gravity]

Resistances: [Cancel Pain] [Resist Melee Attack] [Cancel Natural Elements] [Cancel Ailments] [Resist Spiritual Attack] [Resist Holy/Demonic Attack]

Equipment: Yamato, [Raphael] Skill Orb, Limiter Ring, Enkidu

 

A/N: idk what to put here

https://discord.gg/9QnFvEMW

49