Chapter 110 Milim has to go
1.3k 10 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I continue eating the cookies with a dumb smile on my face while Mikoto is still standing there, watching me eat while humming to herself. A peaceful flowery atmosphere blooms between us.

Milim- “… Uhm… Can I have some?”

I look at Milim who is laying on the couch with Gaia’s egg in her hand.

Rimuru- “Dude.”

So much for the atmosphere.

In the end, I just made a meat bun and gave it to Milim who sits up straight and happily nibbles on it. These cookies are mine.

I look at Gaia’s egg sitting next to her and I wonder…

Rimuru- “When is it gonna hatch?”

Milim and Mikoto look over to the egg. They then look at each other and then look at me before shrugging.

I don’t even know why I asked them, they’re probably the least educated on dragon eggs. I doubt Milim bothered to learn more about the subject in her long life.

Oh well. I don’t really care. I could probably create a book that educates me on the subject or I could just straight out make a scanner or use my runes to tell me, but it seems more interesting if I just let it be.

A few days later…

Not much has happened. We took care of the Chaos Dragon and now it’s reincarnated into an egg. Said egg has never once left Milim’s sight and she carries it around everywhere.

She eats with it, she sleeps with it, heck, she even used it to beat some wild monsters up. She literally used it as a weapon and started bashing their heads in. There was even a bird type monster that was ‘sniped’ out of the air when Milim threw the egg at it.

That day, I learned that dragon eggs are very, VERY sturdy.

But that was yesterday. Right now, I'm sitting on the couch, doing absolutely fuck-all when Milim drops a bomb.

Milim- “So yeah, I have to go nanoda!”

It’s time for Milim to go home.

Illya/Mikoto- “Eh!?”

Illya and Mikoto, who are here with Milim, became quite disheartened when she said that. I mean, they are best friends that spent a lot of time together. For the entire duration that Milim was staying in Avalon, Illya and Mikoto were the ones she spent the most time with.

She also gets along quite well with Shizu.

Even I'm a little sad.

Mikoto- “Why do you have to leave?”

Mikoto does have a point, I thought she would never want to return home.

Mikoto- “Wahahaha! I'm a Demon Lord you know? I've got my own Demon Lord jobs to do nanoda!”

Milim just laughs. We just stare at her. We all know that’s a bunch of bullshit.

No wait, hang on. I remember this.

Shouldn’t she be going to see Clayman at this point? And then she would pretend to get mind-controlled by him to dig for information… I have no idea what this information is, but it seems important.

Clayman would attempt to mind control her with a special magic item of some sort. Obviously, the item doesn’t work since Milim is an Ultimate Skill user. Ultimate Skill users are completely unaffected by items or skills that affect the mind unless it’s from another Ultimate Skill.

And Clayman, who is only a Demon Lord in name and isn't a TRUE Demon Lord, is unaware of this fact. At most, he’s only a Demon Lord Seed along with Frey and Carrion. They don’t have Ultimate Skills. In fact, I doubt they even know the existence of Ultimate Skills.

In any case, I digress. Milim is going, big sadge.

Milim- “Oh, I forgot.”

Milim holds out her arm and with a flash of pink light due to her aura, a familiar glowing golden chain wrapped around her wrist appears.

Enkidu.

Milim- “I'm giving it back. It was fun to play with, you know!”

This chain that could kill Demon Lords, Heroes and True Dragon is nothing but a toy to Milim… I don’t know what to feel about that…

I just sigh with a defeated smile.

Rimuru- “*Sigh*… It’s fine. Keep it.”

Milim- “Eh? Really!?”

Her eyes sparkle as she holds the chains to her chest. It seems she really didn’t want to give up the chains…

Rimuru- “… Sure.”

I doubt she would give it back at this point anyways.

Besides, it could always work as some kind of failsafe. I haven’t slacked off, this is still an Alternate Universe. I don’t know what else will change, a planet-destroying beast could appear out of nowhere for all I know, so I’ll just let Milim keep the chains.

It’s also a nice souvenir. It’s not every day you get a ‘God’ Slaying Weapon as a gift.

(A/N: No, this isn't foreshadowing. Milim is still one of the strongest in the world next to Guy Crimson, she isn't dying or anything of the sort.)

Milim- “So there’s that! I’ll be leaving little Gaia here with you! I’ll be going now!”

Milim bends her legs and shoots off into the sky. Illya and Mikoto wipe a tear seeing their friend leave.

Rimuru- “Hey, it’s fine. It’s not like this will be the last time you’ll see her. Stop being so dramatic.”

Seriously, girls are so sensitive.

Illya- “*Sniff* Onii-chan… you’re crying the most out of all of us.”

… No I'm not.

I randomly rub my eyes with my sleeve (completely random) and look up to the sky.

It was at this moment I realised… Goddamnit Milim… at least leave through the front door. Why must you create a hole in my ceiling…

Diablo- “Would you like me to fix that, Rimuru-sama?”

Diablo appears from out of nowhere, completely scaring the fuck out of me, but thankfully I was wiping my tears so no one saw- *Cough!* I mean, what tears? I don’t cry.

Rimuru- “Yes please…”

Illya and Mikoto leave to take care of Gaia’s egg that Milim left behind (it’s not like Milim could take it straight to Clayman). I look back up at the ceiling and find that it’s already fixed.

I'm not questioning it. Butlers in anime are crazy.

Diablo- “May I request a leave, Rimuru-sama?”

Diablo once again appears behind me as I'm admiring his work, scaring the fuck out of me again, and asks me a question.

Rimuru- “A leave? What for?”

He wants a leave already? It’s been barely a week since he started working as my butler… don’t tell me he wants to procrastinate already?

… My lethargy, it’s… it’s almost frightening. Being able to affect a primordial demon like Diablo…

Diablo- “I would like to recruit my comrades that I believe to be of use to you.”

Ah, the other primordial demons…

Rimuru- “Uhm… Yeah, why not.”

I want to see them, and I might as well get them sooner rather than later.

Diablo- “I thank you for your generosity!”

Diablo bows deeply with heartfelt gratitude.

Like, seriously, the fuck did I do? I just granted him some off time so he can get more servants for me.

However, I don’t let my discomfort or confusion show on my face, and I just nod.

It’s all under control.

-----

Name: Rimuru

Race: Origin Slime

Protection: Crest of Space

Title: Highest Tier Spirit, Leader of the Monsters, Onii-chan, King of Avalon, Master of Headpats, Procrastinator King, The Nutcracker

Manas: [Manas: Illyasviel]

Ultimate Skills: [Belzebuth, Lord of Gluttony] [Ahura Mazda, Lord of Creation] [Scathach, Lord of Runes]

Unique Skills: [Spatial Ruler]

Intrinsic Skills: [Infinite Regeneration] [Universal Shapeshift] [Universal Sense] [Enhanced Replication] [Universal Thread]

Extra Skills: [Lord's Ambition] [Thought Communication] [Control Natural Elements] [Control Magic] [Control Gravity]

Resistances: [Cancel Pain] [Resist Melee Attack] [Cancel Natural Elements] [Cancel Ailments] [Resist Spiritual Attack] [Resist Holy/Demonic Attack]

Equipment: Yamato, [Raphael] Skill Orb, Limiter Ring

 

A/N: I feel like this chapter is all over the place. Im not satisfied.

MC: Then just rewrite it.

AN: OK buddy listen here. For one-

MC: YOUR NEXT LINE IS I'm too lazy, and two, it's too late to change it anyway since I'm uploading soon.

AN: I'm too lazy, and- hold the fuck up did you just pull a Jojo on me?

MC: Perhaps.

Let me know if I missed anything.

https://discord.gg/vBqbyvCG

45