Chapter 114 Adventurer Guild
1.3k 5 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The adventurer’s guild! A staple organisation of many fantasy worlds! The stage for cliché events such as being assigned a low rank but being OP as fuck, completing missions/quests WAY above the threshold, wowing everyone and even getting a harem with a couple of cute adventurer girls, a slave you bought and treated well and even the onee-san receptionist.

If this sounds familiar, that’s because it’s used in nearly every generic harem isekai novel where the MC is just transmigrated in and signs up to be an adventurer.

And I'm next on the list. Can't wait to get my harem.

*Spark*

I'm joking.

Officially called the Free Guild, it’s an international organization founded by Yuuki Kagurazaka, formerly the Adventurer's Association. It was founded to promote collaboration and protect the interest of guild members and is funded by The Council of the West.

There are many benefits and drawback that comes from being a member, but I won't get into that.

Many Ranks grade how good you are at your job, from E Rank all the way to A Rank and then S Rank above that (though I'm pretty sure that Rank is only reserved for heroes and the like). You can rank up normally until Rank B, to which you have to go to the Free Guild HQ all the way in Ingrassia to get Rank A.

In any case, I'm going to be directly ranking up to the highest rank allowed before immediately leaving for Ingrassia.

Why? It’s because I need to meet with Yuuki Kagurazaka, which requires one to be at least Rank B. Why do I need to meet that psycho that wants to destroy the world? That’s because he’s the only one that can quickly and legitimately get me the teacher position for Shizu’s students. At least, the only one I'm aware of.

Yes, I can just force my way through by perhaps mind-controlling everyone or even kidnapping the kids, but those will leave a bad taste in my mouth. Besides, I need to get their trust, and I’ll get that trust legitimately.

And to do that, I need to become their teacher legitimately. And to do THAT, I need to meet with Yuuki Kagurazaka legitimately.

Hence, registering as an adventurer.

All part of my master plan.

Illya- “*Cough*”

All part of my imouto’s master plan.

In any case, let’s begin.

Directly outside of the adventurer’s guild, I take out Yamato and hang it on my waist. I then turn around towards Illya, Mikoto and Ranga before leaning in and talking in a low voice.

Rimuru- “This is how I used to enter my house.”

I then proceed to turn back around and kick open the doors with such force, it swings around and smashes into the wall it’s connected to.

*Bang!*

Rimuru- “Whassup fuckers!?”

I always wanted to do that.

I then take out a memory wiping talisman and activate it, causing it to flash brightly and remove everyone’s memory of the events that happened within the past five seconds excluding my companions.

Although I always wanted to kick open the doors and scream, it doesn’t mean I want everyone else to remember me doing that. It’s embarrassing as hell.

I then walk in like a normal person while ignoring the stares from the two girls behind me.

It’s fine. They’re just questioning my sanity. Nothing new.

I quickly walk up to the reception counter where all the pretty reception ladies are. There aren’t many other adventurers here, as it’s currently midday and they’re all out doing quests and stuff, so the lines are short.

Those women quickly glanced at the newcomers and as soon as they saw my face they immediately broke into a small flirtatious smile and started waving at me.

I seem to have forgotten that I look like an ikemen. Thankfully, they seem to recognise me as male.

A goofy grin spreads on my face. I mean, it’s always nice to be desired by so many women.

Illya and Mikoto snap their heads towards me with sharp eyes. A trail of sweat slides down my forehead.

In the end, we didn’t get served by those pretty reception ladies as the party poopers grabbed my arms and dragged me to a middle-aged ossan(old man). He has this grumpy look on him and he’s balding on his head a bit, but he seems in shape and has a bit of strength… for human standards.

Did he use to be an adventurer?

???- “Whadda ya want?”

He rudely asks. I can see why there’s no line in front of him.

Rimuru- “Registration.”

I say a single word in reply.

???- “How many?

Rimuru- “Just one.”

Mikoto- “Actually… can I try as well?”

Rimuru- “Then three.

Illya- “Ehh? I don’t wanna do something so bothersome though.”

Rimuru- “Then just two.”

The ossan humphs to himself in his grumpy ossan way and brought out a couple of papers from under the desk.

We have to write down our details on the paper such as our name, age, speciality, place of birth and things like that. You only have to fill out whatever you can, it’s just so that they can deal with you better if they know more of your information like which quest would be the best for you.

Of course, neither Mikoto nor I give a shit since we’re OP as hell and we’re not gonna take any quests anyway, so fuck that noise. We just wrote down our names, age, our “class” and speciality.

For our names, we just wrote down our real names. No need to go out of our way to hide them. For our age, both of us just wrote down 15 years old (Mikoto had her birthday a couple of months ago, it was a huge celebration).

The “Class” section is a bit more difficult… not really. We just wrote down what “class” or “job” we were, like a magician, swordsman, and things like that.

Rimuru- “Which one are you doing? I'm gonna write Swordsman.”

Mikoto- “Well I guess Mage fits me well, so I’ll just go with that.”

For me, I'm more of a jack-of-all-trades so I just picked a random profession which was swordsman, hence wearing Yamato on my waist before we entered. As for Mikoto, she kind of specialises in medium to long-range lightning attacks which kind of make her a mage.

Except, you know, she doesn’t use magic.

And no, these won't give us class bonuses like extra melee damage for me or extra magicule regeneration for Mikoto. I could write Temptress and it won't do anything, it’s just a way to classify adventurers.

As for speciality, that one’s a bit complicated. This is new and I haven’t read about this in any other work so I'm not sure what to do.

I mean, I vaguely remember reading something about this in the light novel to which I only just remembered again now due to the registration stimulating my memory.

Basically, it’s just to classify what type of quests or missions you will be taking. There are many kinds of quests, each of them being classified into one of three departments.

Monster slaying, retrieval and exploration.

Monster slaying is for killing monsters, retrieval is for your herb gathering quests and exploration is, well, exploring shit.

It’s quite simple to understand, but I've never thought about it before. Which department should I join?

???- “Ah? Isn’t that Rimuru?”

Hearing a familiar voice, I turn my head in the direction the voice came from. Seeing them, a small smile spreads on my lips.

Mikoto- “Hmm? Oh, Kabal, Elen, Gido!”

Mikoto smiles and waves at the familiar faces.

It’s the three stooges- *Cough* the three adventurers.

-----

Name: Rimuru

Race: Origin Slime

Protection: Crest of Space

Title: Highest Tier Spirit, Leader of the Monsters, Onii-chan, King of Avalon, Master of Headpats, Procrastinator King, The Nutcracker

Manas: [Manas: Illyasviel]

Ultimate Skills: [Belzebuth, Lord of Gluttony] [Ahura Mazda, Lord of Creation] [Scathach, Lord of Runes]

Unique Skills: [Spatial Ruler]

Intrinsic Skills: [Infinite Regeneration] [Universal Shapeshift] [Universal Sense] [Enhanced Replication] [Universal Thread]

Extra Skills: [Lord's Ambition] [Thought Communication] [Control Natural Elements] [Control Magic] [Control Gravity]

Resistances: [Cancel Pain] [Resist Melee Attack] [Cancel Natural Elements] [Cancel Ailments] [Resist Spiritual Attack] [Resist Holy/Demonic Attack]

Equipment: Yamato, [Raphael] Skill Orb, Limiter Ring

 

A/N: Had to go back and add some info about the Free Guild because I didnt think I explained it well enough.

MC: You made it an info dump chapter!

AN: Hey! This information isnt even in the anime (I think) so I have to explain YOUR line of thought!

MC: You mean Illya's line of thought!

AN: Dont bring that angel into this!

MC: You're right! Im sorry!

AN: Why are we still yelling!?

MC: I don't know!

AN: Fuck you!

MC: Fuck you too!

Let me know if I missed anything.

https://discord.gg/2Z8UWWVq

40