Chapter 119 Explaining things
1.2k 8 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A while later, sitting on Ranga’s back as he continues running west is Illya, Mikoto and yours truly, Dio.

JUST KIDDING you thought it was Dio, but it was me, Rimuru!

We’re sitting in our usual positions with Illya sitting at the front with Mikoto in the middle and I am hugging her from behind.

Rimuru- “So we’re gonna take a detour to meet with Demon Lord Ramiris.”

Illya- “Eeh?”

Illya has a “say sike right now” face since, like me, she hates travelling. Take a detour means more travelling, so…

Mikoto- “Why do you need to see Ramiris?”

Mikoto, however, is genuinely curious about this. So far, she hasn’t had much contact with Demon Lords outside of Milim, so she’s interested in a Ramiris.

Rimuru- “Well, in simple terms, I want to strike a deal with her.”

Mikoto knows that there are friendly Demon Lords and hostile Demon Lords, so she won't make the mistake of thinking that all Demon Lords are like Milim, but she knows I wouldn’t be “striking a deal” with Ramirus unless she’s amiable in some way.

Otherwise, I would kick their nuts and force them to do what I want.

Ranga- ‘Master, if you don’t mind me asking… What deal will you be ‘striking’ with this Demon Lord?’

Ranga voices his query without slowing down. Mikoto also shows her curiosity. It’s at this moment I realised that neither Mikoto nor Ranga know what my plans are.

Rimuru- “Hmm… it’s kind of a long story. You’re gonna need some background information too…”

I cross my arms and close my eyes, thinking about my next words. I open my mouth, and I begin my TED Talk.

Rimuru- “Right, so you know about Hero Summoning, right? How the Summoned Heroes are always OP and stuff?”

Mikoto and Ranga nod their heads.

Rimuru- “Good. You might not know this, but for a proper Hero Summoning ritual, it takes A LOT of preparation. There exist very few forces capable of summoning them because it requires very strict circumstances to be prepared to allow one to summon a person with powerful abilities, especially those whose will is exceptionally strong. Furthermore, the success rate of the ritual with thirty magicians chanting summoning magic over a period of three days is extremely low. And even if they succeed or fail, the magicians who have just cast summoning magic will be unable to cast it again for a set interval. The cooldown period ranges from 33 to 88 years, the time during this period is used to prepare a suitable environment to increase the success rate of the summoning.”

(A/N: Copy pasted from the wiki lmao.)

Mikoto- “… What’s the success rate?”

Illya- “… Less than one percent…”

Mikoto’s eyes flutter in shock and confusion.

Mikoto- “That success rate is absolute shi-“

Rimuru- “Language. Only I can swear. And yes, I agree. But that’s just how powerful Heroes are. Just a single Hero is enough to change the tide of a large scale war, to those large powers, it’s completely worth it.”

I say with a shrug. My face turns solemn and both Mikoto and Ranga realise that things are about to get… heavy. Even I don’t really like thinking about it since it makes me angry.

Rimuru- “However, if the summoning were to be conducted under incomplete conditions, it can be done continuously. The downside of improper summons such as these usually results in children being forcefully summoned with abundant magicules infused into them. Unlike Otherworlders, humans that appear in this world through pure coincidence who are guaranteed to have a Unique Skill, the children’s rate of gaining a Unique Skill is relatively low. Without an outlet for that rampaging mass of magicules infused into them, it will eat away at their immature bodies, causing them to… well… die.”

Mikoto’s eyes become filled with shock and sadness. Her eyes drop, processing the information I just gave her. Even Ranga is thinking about it, unconsciously slowing down. I don’t say anything.

Mikoto- “… Shizu’s students are summoned, aren’t they…?”

Rimuru- “Yeah…”

Mikoto- “… How long do they have to live…?”

Mikoto asks. It’s Illya that responds to her.

Illya- “Approximately 3 years since their summoning. However, we don’t actually know how long ago they were summoned, so it could be less.”

Mikoto- “… Is there any way to save them?”

Illya- “There is. Fusing their bodies with high ranking spirits will calm the rampaging magicules within them, allowing them to form a Unique Skill, therefore saving their lives.”

Rimuru- “This meeting with Ramiris will be a big step towards that.”

A few more seconds of silence pass.

Mikoto takes a deep breath and breathes out, looking back over her shoulders and meeting my eyes.

Rimuru- “You good?”

Mikoto- “Yeah. It’s just a bit depressing. You can save them, and that’s all that matters.”

I smile. She really came a long way. If it were before she would probably get angry and storm any secret summoning ritual site that she can find, trying to shut the whole thing down.

Now she realises that it’s a futile action as she’ll probably be hunted down or even implicate Avalon. Don’t get me wrong, she really wants to do something to help, but… this isn't Academy City anymore. Information is limited in this world, she doesn’t even know where to start, let alone what to do from there.

Though if she did want to recklessly do something, I would stop her with everything I have.

My arms unconsciously tighten around Mikoto’s waist as I close my eyes and feel the wind rush past my face as Ranga speeds up again. This time he’s heading south, towards the Dwelling of the Spirits as guided by Illya.

Mikoto- “… You really are kind, arent you…”

Mikoto mutters to herself but I easily hear it. A wry smile spreads across my face.

Rimuru- “ ‘Kind’, huh… I doubt it. I know there are many kids out there in the same position as Shizue’s students, but I won't go out of my way to help them.”

Mikoto- “But you’re still willing to go out of your way to save Shizu’s students. That makes you better than those people who are willing to sacrifice many innocent lives just to summon a Hero for their own safety.”

She says while pushing her back against my chest and closing her eyes.

Rimuru- “…”

This woman… She shouldn’t say stuff like that! I almost professed my love right then and there!

Illya- “Muuu…”

Illya pouts while staring at the both of us.

Rimuru- “Sorry, I didn’t mean to ignore you.”

I start giving her head pats, causing her to close her eyes and accept my offering.

Now, I have to go through a long trip that will make me bored as fuck… I think a time skip is in order.

-----

Name: Rimuru

Race: Origin Slime

Protection: Crest of Space

Title: Highest Tier Spirit, Leader of the Monsters, Onii-chan, King of Avalon, Master of Headpats, Procrastinator King, The Nutcracker

Manas: [Manas: Illyasviel]

Ultimate Skills: [Belzebuth, Lord of Gluttony] [Ahura Mazda, Lord of Creation] [Scathach, Lord of Runes]

Unique Skills: [Spatial Ruler]

Intrinsic Skills: [Infinite Regeneration] [Universal Shapeshift] [Universal Sense] [Enhanced Replication] [Universal Thread]

Extra Skills: [Lord's Ambition] [Thought Communication] [Control Natural Elements] [Control Magic] [Control Gravity]

Resistances: [Cancel Pain] [Resist Melee Attack] [Cancel Natural Elements] [Cancel Ailments] [Resist Spiritual Attack] [Resist Holy/Demonic Attack]

Equipment: Yamato, [Raphael] Skill Orb, Limiter Ring

 

A/N: No. No time skip.

MC: Why!?

AN: Because I want to make you suffer.

MC: NOOOOO! Illya also has to suffer than!

AN: Fuck, that's right... Fine, I have a solution.

MC: What?

AN: Next chapter.

MC: ...

AN: ...

MC: ... Did you just make a fucking cliffhanger in Author Notes!?

AN: Perhaps.

Let me know if I missed anything.

https://discord.gg/hA2X6r7y

38